Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popular_music_genres
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_forms_by_era
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_folk_music_traditions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i don't think that's how Sup Forums works

plus you just made another thread about him

literally what

Newmoot's too busy selling off this site user's card information and user data to care

HAHA

why do you care so much
seems like you're jealous he's making a living of what you basically do because you're lowlife beta.

/qa/ is slowly becoming the new /q/, huh?
If Newmoot was any better at English he'd probably have erased it already.

>if you don't like someone it's because you're jealous

just voiced my dissent, thanks

it's basically it
why even waste time? Have you even met him? It seems at this moment 100% of your productivity is focused on getting him banned. For what purpose? So you'll feel better?

I'm not OP bruh I'm just saying your logic is retarded

I just cannot fathom why anyone would give a solitary fuck about some random youtube vloggers opinions.

Even if you think he is funny and entertaining, his opinions hold no more weight than any poster on Sup Forums and the fact that people actually put his opinion on a pedestal is truly amazing.

Youtube vlogger comments should stay on youtube, I don't make threads on Sup Forums for RayWilliamJohnson or Shane Dawson.

Its ironic that a bunch of drones love to use the word ''normie'' so much and shit on r3ddit then go ahead and let their favourite music be dictated by a one time Sup Forumstant with a webcam.

I don't disagree, but why focus on just this one repeat thread? Why not ban every other thread that pops up 1-5 times a day, like Grimes and Lavren and "are these 4 the future of music"?

And rap.

/metal/ sticks to its general, the huge variety of dance music and 5 genres as big as hip hop stick to /bleep/, 2000 years of classical and 10,000+ years of /trad/ stick to single generals, yet we have 20+ threads about the same genre at once. What about all the genres completely ignored by the spamming of waifupop stars and rap? You try and start them and they get pushed to page 8 in minutes.

Janitors are obviously memeraptards who spam DG and Grimes and watch Fantano too.

just delete Sup Forums altogether imo

Or maybe broaden your tastes past Fantanos highest rated FotM fodder

>Janitors won't delete every thread about music I don't like

I can't believe that James Blake fans are this mad. Calm down, it was a mediocre record.

More than one thread about the same topic is spam and this is a GENERAL music board, why are you such a selfish child?

his opinion holds more weight than most people on Sup Forums, because unlike Sup Forums he doesnt just give out some shitflinging accusations in an attempt to piss people off, or to appear above someone else for liking it.

he also has experience 1, playing an instrument, and 2 articulating well enough why he does and doesnt like something (im sure youll cherrypick shit and or say he uses the same buzzwords all the time). if you made the point, id agree, he doesnt always put in the effort he could for reviews, he does have to review music he ends up not liking so its bound to happen.

but the dude is a professional, and has been a professional for over 10 years now doing the needledrop and broadcasting. you only see him as less because you dont respect the format which he is publishing under, despite the fact that youtube is a multimillion dollar media business right now, and reaches more people than the average television show that isnt a rerun of two and a half men or family guy

go away anthony

i wish i was anthony, id be making a pretty comfortable living from listening and talking about music, and vegan smoothies

Does anyone have the old viral marketing chart from Antz where Fantano gets BTFO?

>more than one thread about the same topic is spam
this thread is spam

Never said it wasn't.

To be fair, I don't have a clue why anyone gives a solitary fuck about Scaruffi opinions either or read p4k who are just Billboard once removed.

but user, every thread should be a general that isnt meme shitposting, if we corrall every thread thats about the same album that just came out into a general, then we will have made more room for shitposting

Compared to most decent critics he's pretty bad. If he wrote instead of filming dank memes he'd be nowhere.

who is a decent critic? because you think theyre bad doesnt mean shit, ian cohen is a shitty writer and yet he has a professional job at it. someone thinks he is good.

and he doesnt film memes, memes get made from what he films, he is hardly ever the content creator

>typical clueless narrow minded pleb

me? or the type of logic im making fun of?

The logic. I never said the board should be all generals, I said that huge genres and umbrellas of music make use of them in order to get past the same p4k/fantano hype because the main board is overun with that which in the current music climate is nothing but rap and waifupop.

There is so much music Sup Forums could be discussing and exploring, why if these genres were curtailed within generals must there be just more shitposting?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popular_music_genres
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_forms_by_era
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_folk_music_traditions

one step at a time, you would have to get blatant waifu threads pushed into the boards they belong like /s/ and probably have moot2 put a word filter on meme to get immediate improvements to this board and i only see one of those happening

this place does talk about lots of music but its gotten so caught up in post gamergate neo-reactionary bullshit that its taken over most discussions of any thread

"Hey everyone, Grimethanony Timetano here, the Internet's busiest music nerd, and it's time for a review of the new Skepta album, Konnichiwa. Skepta is a UK rapper. Skepta is also a producer and co-founder of Boy Better Know Records. It's his fourth album, people have been asking me just non-stop since it came out whether or not I've heard it yet as if it's like the greatest thing to come out of the grime scene in a long time. And the buzz around this record is interesting considering just how many interesting hip-hop orientated records are coming out of the UK right now, grime that Kano just dropped a really great album, and then there's also that new Babyfather project from Dean Blunt where that record was very much a comment on the grime scene, and I think it's only a matter of time till a British rapper starts making some Drake or Kanye type waves over here. I think we're kind of long overdue for a British Invasion of sorts to sort of follow up the groundwork that artists like Dizzee Rascal and the Streets have laid over here."

Without even going into the inaccuracies, this is worse than anything on Pitchfork in years. What the fuck is this book report bullshit?

holy shit
i forgot to pick up my kid at kindergarten yesterday

Here's a similar attempt at providing context from what's-his-dick from Pitchfork.

" In 2012 Skepta found himself at an impasse. He was integral in grime’s early hustle during the halcyon pirate radio days, but the music he was making, from 2008-2012 was soulless, kowtowing to a sanitized version of grime that went hand in hand with the slow-burning corporate ransacking of the genre that started with Dizzee Rascal’s breakthrough almost a decade earlier. He recently compared this dissatisfaction with his role in the mainstream with Britney Spears' infamous shaved head incident. If there is a similar meltdown for Skepta it happened in April of 2012, in a 26-minute video posted to Youtube, titled “#UnderdogPsychosis no.1” with a caption that read: “Break the cycle.” In a monologue by turns manic, vulnerable, self-aware, and inarticulate, he castigated himself, the system, (in DJ Khaled’s parlance the pervasive “they”), the industry, reflected on his forgotten and youthful musical past, and celebrated the life of the underdog. He promised to make music that had meaning. The video was later shown at the Tate Modern, a strange high watermark for the grime renaissance he helped ignite."

It's whatever, but it's clearly written by someone who's been keeping up with grime for more than two years, it gives some actual history about Skepta instead of bloviating about Dean Blunt, and it doesn't feature a hilarious Cal Chuchesta interlude.

if you think a video review should ever read the same way as a written one, youre way off

to some degree, youll have to accept that he is entertaining, as much as he is reviewing, and taking the time you did to type out part of his video into text is hilariously incomparable

i would love to see someone record themselves anthony fantano style without the intro, without the context or background he presents, just go in and read this passage in front of a picture of an album and some records behind you

again, name your decent reviewer instead of trying to compare the process of two completely different presentations of a review

>if you think a video review should ever read the same way as a written one, youre way off

you're missing the point dumbfuck

what is your point then other than that you dont like what he says?

Obviously there's a big difference between a transcription of a video review and a written one, but it's the most incredibly slim misinformed Cliff's Notes on Skepta. I would trust a random shitflinger on Sup Forums over Fantano in this case, cuz at least people here who talk about grime tend to have some idea of what they're talking about.

Pewdiepie entertains his audience well, it doesn't mean I have to respect his work. I can't name a decent reviewer in Fantano's field because there are no good video reviewers.

british people with a superiority complex about "grime," more news at 11

he gave a basic background on skepta because he is presenting his music to an audience of people who likely dont know or arent familiar with his work, what do you want an autobiography and then says "its ok, strong 7"?