Is Amazon botnet...

Is Amazon botnet? They only collect information that you give them about your shopping habits and they don't put tracking shit on every website like Google. They promote DRM and their home devices are questionable, but nobody is forcing you to use them.

>They only collect information that you give them about your shopping habits
Pretty sure any pageview, even from someone not logged in, gets recorded somewhere and used by their big data analysis systems.

yes, but they use it to grow their own evil empire, not sell ur infoz for petty profit.

Everything is a botnet

This. Especially Sup Forums.

It's part of the capitalism to the extreme companies, which means they fucking control all of us into buying shit we don't need to feel better so, as a whole yes, fuck amazon but we all part of it really.

And don't get me wrong, google and Microsoft and most tech companies do the same shit, they don't care about their users, they care for their numbers.

>they fucking control all of us into buying shit

It's called self control, dipshit

but is recommending you products that you may be interested in a bad thing?
it's what youtube does with videos, but not biased toward their agenda

you still haven't said what they actually do wrong

i wish i had money to buy stuff i don't need.

>nobody is forcing you to use them
This applies to literally everything that could be considered botnet. You are free to not use technology at all. So fuck your argument. They are just as privacy invading as any other big tech company.

>Nobody is forcing you to use them
Unless you ever enter a building with an echo. They also have exclusive licenses to some of their DRM blocked content.

>This applies to literally everything that could be considered botnet.
This just confirm's OP's statement.
It's true that "nobody is forcing you to use them" and those devices are obviously botnet, and therefore not worth discussing.
>They are just as privacy invading as any other big tech company.
This actually pertains to the question that OP asked. Care to explain your reasoning and contribute to the discussion?

>Unless you ever enter a building with an echo.
It'll be interesting to see how court cases play out when LEA's try to get evidence from Amazon. You really shouldn't have any expectations of privacy in a public place, though.

How do they keep getting away with their Prime fuckery cuckery bullshit?
THESE MONEY GRUBBING ASSWIPES HAVE MILLIONS OF THEIR CONSUMERS PAYING $11-ish to A HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS FOR PRIME
THREE FUCKING DAYS AT LEAST TO PROCESS AND FINALLY SHIP OUT YOUR PRIME ELIGIBLE PRODUCTS
THREE DAYS SITTING ON THEIR FUCKING ASSES TO FINALLY THROW YOUR SHIT OUT YOUR WAY
YOU CAN'T EVEN FUCKING SPECIFY A COURIER OF CHOICE
YOU DON'T GET NOR HAVE A FUCKING CHOICE IN YOUR CHOICE OF PREFERRED COURIER
FUCKING AMZL US
THAT SHIT IS TERRIBLY FUCKING SLOW
AND THEY TAKE UP TO ALMOST THE WHOLE GOD DAMN AFTERNOON TO FINALLY DELIVER YOUR SHIT OUT TO YOU WHEN IT'S FINALLY OUT FOR DELIVERY
TALK ABOUT SNAIL MAIL
EVEN USPS IS QUICKER ON THEIR FEET TO GET YOUR SHIT OUT TO YOU THROUGH PRIME
AND YET MILLIONS OF THEIR CONSUMERS ARE SITTING ON RIDING AMAZON'S DICK PAYING TOP DOLLAR FOR PRIME

I SERIOUSLY HOPE AMAZON WILL SLOWLY GO BANKRUPT WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE PASSING YEARS

ALEXA - KILL Sup Forums USER

Do Amazon or Steam sell any of your data to third-parties?

So what if they sell your data? If you're gonna see ads or visit shopping websites, it's better to see ads and recommendations for stuff you are interested about and not generic stuff you see on TV/radio.

I'm not gonna see ads anyway, but now those companies have my data and there's no telling what they might do with it.

>I can't think for myself so I spend money on what is advertised to me.

Oh man, you have no idea, do you? They are planning something really special hehehe...

They are going to try to SELL you some STUFF you're INTERESTED ON! It's a fucking nightmare I'll tell you.

Prime is really convienient for me though. I can order groceries from my laptop as I develop sites from home, I can order parts for my computers, I can pretty much get what ever I want without leaving my house. I also love that they have a same day delivery option. If I need something instantly, I can get it without having to go to some other store. On top of that I can watch tv/movies from my account, stream music, have unlimited cloud storage for traveling to other businesses, read unlimited books from my kindle, and only need to leave my home for beer.

I love amazon, and you don't have to use it if you don't like it.

Amazon, no. They have their own private database thats used for advertising to you, but they order their products from third parties and they don't expose who its for. So yes, you can order your shitty onihole, and not tell people.

>INTERESTED ON

I feel like this meme is for stupid people that can't mentally auto-correct things; so they have to point out something to feel smarter than others.

I made a mistake in my third language? It happens.

Prime includes same-day delivery.

>they don't put tracking shit on every website like Google
>hasn't heard of AWS
Amazon literally runs a ton of the websites you visit because of their "cloud" services. If they wanted to track your shit practically everywhere, the plausibly could. Nevermind that the NSA probably had them put a backdoor in their Infrastructure anyway.

>Is Amazon botnet?
Yes. If they track you and do not respect your freedoms, they are botnet.

Then how come if you look something up on Amazon then you start getting ads for said item on other websites? Doesn't make sense.

how do tracking cookies work?

They datamine the fuck out of you, but only for their own purposes. Is that botnet to you?

Either research it, or just do yourself a favor and research ways for cookies to be severly limited. Block third party cookies by default, and install something like Cookie Autodelete, which will delete all cookies from a tab a few seconds after you close the tab.

> They are going to try to SELL you some STUFF you're INTERESTED ON!
How, since I block ads

>google something
>something related shows up later in my amazon recommendations

how do the track?

I don't have money so I don't buy anything lol

Amazon is definitely botnet. I was talking to my girlfriend about getting an ironing board. Suddenly in being recommended ironing boards....

There are other sites who let amazon run scripts to collect your online habits
I dont use feggit but they let amazon spy on their users