twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its one of the best albums ever man

me too

You're wonderful

don walked out
>reply if you hear it o_O

it truly is

It certainly is.

Listening to it the first time was a great experience. One of the few albums I "got" instantly, and ended up loving over time.

>he talks and whispers and whines through the album
>towards the end, he finally lets it out in a guttural scream
>I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUUU

10/10

damn straight

>Implying

He screams in Breadcrumb Trail and shouts in Nosferatu Man.

lol got me heha

don stumbled left to right

for some reason this has never clicked with me

what are some of the things you guys like about it?

the eerie guitar tones and overall the feeling of it, its like digging thru dirt desperatly in a stormy night with a flashlight as your light source
plus the compositions are 100% on point

Something about the first 10 seconds of Nosferatu man that makes me restart the song over and over again

The dark and dream like atmosphere of the album,the whispers are soothing and eerie at the same time. The weird tempos, the angular guitars, the unrelentless drumming. To add all this, the lyrics go through feelings of summer love, isolation, self-loathing or regret. It is a beautiful album.

I wasn't so fortunate(?), took me a few trys spread across the last three years to get it. It finally clicked when I decided to take a walk late at night and really had the opportunity to appreciate the atmosphere the guitars were creating with the lyrics. I can easily say it's when one of my favorite albums and I feel kinda bad for shitposting how overrated I thought it was.

this album doesn't need to "click" you're just a fucking pleb who's underexposed when it comes to music lol

The unusual guitar playing is what hooked me at first. Just really, really fucking hooked me. I didn't even pay attention to the lyrics at first. On repeat listens I absorbed the themes of isolation, loneliness, and jesus christ couple that with the guitar playing and Brian's meek voice, filled with absolute dread and passion at the end of it all. It's perfect.

For anyone who likes it's defintiely worth checking out Brian's other stuff, The For Carnation.

youtube.com/watch?v=JuiXtefm3jc

I didn't know about Brian's other projects, thanks user.

oh man, the members of slint went on to play on all sorts of places
from the breeders to royal trux
their 90s influence is absolutely undeniable

more like creepy as fuck
album is dope tho

You mean
>it's the best album ever man

thanks, will definitley give this another listen on a walk through the forest in the middle of the night

>using pleb unironically
kys, faggot

The For Carnation has some seriously great stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=zplBqBmqh8I

All of the members went on to other projects worth checking out, like David Pajo's Aerial M/Papa M.

youtube.com/watch?v=7h6X8sVJfQg

Britt Walford too, went on to drum for some great shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=G2Z7XyMT0Ok

>tfw only people from Sup Forums know/talk about slint

i wish i could just have a full conversation with someone irl about how great they were

my best friend loves slint

>He knew what he had to do
>He was responsible
>In the mirror, he saw his friend

What did he mean by this?

schizo

I burned a CD for a friend of mine, said it was too creepy/scary for him.

whats for dinner. . .

the first time i heard spiderland i got the creeps. what is it about spiderland that gives people paranoia and uneasiness?

Don, Aman is what does it, along with Washer.

The beggining of For Dinner is spooky af

his vocal delivery and the unpredictableness of the instrumentation
sonic equilavent of being led into full engulfment in darkness by an invisible being

Worst album of the 90s desu senpai

Filtered

washer is a sexy song.
don, aman perfectly describes how i feel around people.

I don't understand the cover but I dig the album, its atmospheric with really smooth guitar riffs.

It's a great cover mang, do you not like it? It's really distinctive

Don stepped outside

More like babby's first post rock

Okay, give me a better song than Good Morning Captain the captures the same feeling.

That's not how you spell GYBE!

>using kys unironically
go back to leafy's comment section you underage

I mean.. the cover is very misleading, if you follow the cover design and judge the content of the album based solely on that and your expectations.

From looking at cover you would expect some kind of indie-pop-rock-country music for camping with friends.

mama mia

Its Math Rock with elements of Post Rock

Literally every GYBE! Songs ever

It must be sad to P believe on this

Battles and hella are better tho

That's definitely GY!BE

youtube.com/watch?v=HX2CmkdTIgE

I really love that track, it's like a companion to Good Morning, Captain in that it's now about the man waiting for the woman to come home instead of the man trying to get home. Jeff Mueller's voice is also more booming than Brian's.

Apples and oranges.

Apples and oranges.

Why even use the ! if you don't know where it goes? Have you even listened to Slint?

And fucking every other captcha is storefront

Not him but actually both Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Godspeed You Black Emperor! are correct.

>GYBE!
jesus christ dude that's embaressing

hot damn, I wasn't it expecting to be that similar to GMC. Caught me off guard entirely. Definitely not as creepy, but I understand what you mean. Really like it.

Really? Maybe I'm just being a tool, but I've only ever known them with the '!' after 'You' -- is this a new thing?

brainwashed.com/godspeed/wire2.html

yeah, their original name was like that
From RYM:
>Godspeed You Black Emperor! (later recorrected to Godspeed You! Black Emperor, taken from ゴッド・スピード・ユー! BLACK EMPEROR [God Speed You! Black Emperor])

I guess it's an old thing then lol.

Cheers, then.

Who allowed this to happen and why

Yeah, June Of 44, Rodan, Shipping News, and Rachel's did a fine job carrying the torch lit by Slint's Spiderland but definitely adding their own unique and wonderful flavors.

youtube.com/watch?v=G1-naILjjT4

There was also this contemporary band, last few years in fact, that released this very Slintish album. Was getting some traction on Sup Forums but I can't remember the name.

Its just a poorly made audio book that's just as boring

imo they're a pretty great band for being entry level in a genre

What do you dislike about it?

Are you a girl?

no, but i'm pretty and a total pussy so kinda

I just listened to it the first time a week ago. Great experience.

well June of 44 are basically a tribute band to spiderland

That's selling them short. Engine Takes To Water is its own beast, albeit it carries the Slint sound for sure. But from Tropics And Meridians it definitely sheds that Slint sound in favor of its own interesting ideas with guitars and sound.

I always saw Mogwai as "baby's first post rock".

I MISS YOU

WAAAAAHHH

MISS YOU

TOP FUCKING KEK

gybe are shit

He looked at himself in the mirror and felt content with the person that looked back.

He made right choice in his mind and was happy about it.

Breadcrumb Trail. Fucking Breadcrumb Trail. The most haunting instrumentals with a vocal style that makes you think that the song is about some paranormal shit going on and it's actually just a cute love story about a guy with a girl who is a fortune teller on a roller coaster. The whole album is great but this always took the cake for me.

literally go to any diy or noise show where dorks will be

Most of the fucking dull 3rd wave shit is babies first post rock. "LOOK WE PLAY INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC WITH CRESCENDOS ON GUTAIRS". Most of it sounds pleasant, and has a fair few nice melodies, but it all manages to be so fucking dull. At least GY!BE attempts to do something interesting once in a while.

What is he sorry for and who does he miss Sup Forums?