Zen 2 leaks

so zen 2 1600 performance leaks are out.
15% increase single thread
30% increase multithread
its sad that i had to post this, theyve been out for a few days. take some time off shitposting about useless linux e celebs and talk about something actually relevent to technology

cuz thats what this board is for.
Sup Forums - technology
not
Sup Forums - linux e celebs and linux shitposting memes

That's Zen+

ignore the intel shill

Zen 2 is coming out next year
Zen + is now and is a moderate upgrade + problem fixing of Zen with optimizations.

this board is dogshit
an actual thread about technology
and all you can do i bitch about dumb pendantic shit

It can still be a perfectly nice thread, user! :-)

looks good but i want to see gaymer benchmarks with it and that was ryzens main achilles heel and the reason i held off....

>15% increase single thread

>the numbers are bigger: Discuss.

Not interested until there is pricing and some overclocking info

I only got AMD because the mobos were cheaper. Until AMD gets their single core perf to competitive with intel, I probably won't consider them for my next build. AMD's pricing is always on point though.

>Until AMD gets their single core perf to competitive with intel
Its been for like a year

Not really they have yet to be better than my seriously overclocked 2500k.

Intel can barely do that

If they can get single thread up I'm all over it. For now the 7700k @ 5ghz is great for my photo editing box.

Wouod like to learn premier soon tho.

Newest i7 is about 25% faster than it that's an improvement AMD is barely approaching those speeds.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize you were retarded

Nice ad hominem.

I'd rather talk about Linux. This is boring, oh wow another chip. Nice

>Newest i7 is about 25% faster
maybe without adjusted clocks lol

Yeah you have to delidd the damn things but it does perform better even without the delidd. Meanwhile AMD has yet to catch up to a 7 year old processor.

A man with class, can we please kill this thread?

With that slow as fuck RAM, only 4 threads, half the multithreaded performance of a modern 6 core, and PCIE 2.0 you aren't even in the same league as modern processors.

That single thread score is purely synthetic and not representative of the real life user experience.
I upgraded from a 2500k @ 4.6Ghz and would never go back

>upgrade to kabylake from sb
>fps goes up 10% on a 1080 and 1440p monitor
>wtf did I even upgrade

Decided to run this on my shitbox. Neat.

Correct but these synthetic benchmarks are used to see how good the processor is and AMD still cant beat it. Yeah the the multithread is better but what applications even make use of that many threads? My pc is mainly used for gaming so those extra cores and threads go unused. Pcie 3.0 has an almost negligible effect on performance. The only argument you have is that SB supports very limited amount of ram speeds but again Gains from ram are almost negligible as well especially at the current prices.

You're doing it wrong, you're supposed to use a 720p monitor

t. GT 730 user

>lol, it's not about operation systems lunix, it's about consumerism xD

my ryzen 1700x is faster single core though???

>muh single thread
The year is not 2008. It's 2018. Even low end CPUs have 8 threads and every game released today likes threads.

1600x DDR4-2400 is a much better experience in games than my old [email protected] DDR3-1333. 2500k might achieve a similar average framerate, but there is so much more hitching and inconsistent frame times, the difference is like night and day.

Nice what oc is on it?
Ive been waiting for people to show me what their ryzen cpus can do.
Did you mess with the ram timings at all?

I expect less than 10%. Maybe 5%. In benchmarks that are not Geekbench.

all core overclock @ 3.8 GHz, im on a B350 board so the vrms suck and i'm scared to go higher. The memory timings are 14-16-16-38 something @ 2667

I would have to agree to that I personally dont play many demanding games but I wsh for my eventual cpu upgrade to you know feel like an upgrade I want to see some actual gains Multicore AMD hits it out of the park but unfortunately many games are still reliant on single threaded performance not all games are like wolfenstein 2 where it does wonderful with amd chips.

A gtx1080ti or vega64 can't even max out PCI-E1.0

Ran it without a bunch of crap in the background this actually has me semi looking forward to 2700 version of that chip.

having 16 threads is great, compiling is really fast and encoding in handbrake is pretty great too. I might wait until Ryzen 2 comes out to upgrade though

New APUs when?
I want Zen2+Vega+HBM+dual channel laptop APUs that can drive 4k without a dGPU.

Maybe in a year or two

>getting new mobos the year before PCIe4
>getting new mobos two years before GenZ

probably 6 months after Zen2

So 18 months from now?

We had this thread yesterday. And it's not Zen 2. Fucking idiot.

Horrible result.
Not even able to beat my 2+ years old 6700k per core and barely beats multicore due to having 2 more.
Threadripper is nice for super parallel tasks but for anything else amd is still useless.

I'm more interested in seeing how well it will overclock when compared to the older zens.

>geekbench

this, and all settings on low. enjoy your 300 fps.

This

A worthless microbench that has perfect cache hits. It's basically a big cache and HW acceleration test. In benchs that simulate real workloads like cinebench Ryzen will even beat out Haswell in IPC

>64GB Ram
Urine idiot

pedantic*

Yes your shitbox is a stuttering mess. And why get 64gb ram for a system that chokes on multitasking anyway?

>geekbench
sage

>brainlet doesn't even do real work on his computer
>muh gaymes!

I don't get it

Doesn't make you less retarded

>Up to 30% decrease from Intel on all chips
>15% sc and 30% mc increase from AMD

>30% decrease from Intel on all chips

>Missed the up to
>Implying old as fuck c2ds are still usable

>can't show any performance impacts that aren't low single digits at worst

*Notices drop* OwO what's this?

You're hallucinating

Isn't that 12nm Zen+, not Zen2?

So basically 1600 with a 500mhz overclock? I'm pretty sure you can have similar gains (~10%) just by overclocking a 1600 to 4.0/4.1ghz.

>thinks that represents a noticeable performance drop

Single threaded gains*

call me when we're seeing 60 to 450 point drops on particular workloads. those numbers are margin of error tier

AMD should learn to control its bladder

>130MB/s drop
>Margin of error tier
Lmao

MB/s drop
>cheery picked, very particular synthetic test
>game over jewtel!

>1/4
>Cherry picking
>This drop in performance does not matter goy! Buy our chips at full price they're fine

lol weeb benchmarking
the absolute state of neo/g/

First, zen+, secondly, the margin of error of difference to the intel chips, combined with the igpu that intel will take 350 years to reach kinda makes this chip a great deal for cheap computers, specially given the miner crap.

What are you even talking about

/4

FINALLY I CAN UPGRADE MY 4770 YEEEEEEEEE

>work
>4c
Pick one

How are your scores so low compared to mine?

Single-core should be 1:1 since both are 4.5ghz and 3200mhz ram.

I'm saving for a zen2 epyc or Threadripper build

geekbench is fucking awful and anyone who uses it to compare performance between cpus is retarded.

uhh link please ?
if that's true then this is great

>that perfect MT scaling

Did they finally fix the SMT bottleneck?

It's shit, especially the aggregate scores, but you can learn a few things from the individual scores (llvm, fp and int and memory scores)

Rest are all hardware accelerated jokes to pad Apple's performance or cache happy microbenchmarks.

>this thread is shit
>i need more gays in programming stockings

ok

what bottleneck?
SMT scales wonderfully on Ryzen since it helps hide the awful memory/inter-CCX latencies.

hmm

>1333mhz

>Depressed AMD fan posts anemic thread about lackluster refresh and gets angry that everyone isn't talking about it.

Seriously there isn't anything to talk about. If you have Intel its a downgrade.

I find it amusing that most of the AMD posters are posting reason and evidence, some of the intel posters are too.
But then all of the memes and image macros are being posted by intel fanboys - maybe they're actually shills.
Is definitely a shill.

Ah, the tripshit court jester with an opinion, how cute.

> costs over twice much
> only 25% faster in the best case scenario after delidding

Nanako > Naruko > Ayano > Kaori > Ruri > Tomoko > Yuika

And you are the disgusting weeb with creepy pictures that can only express himself to complete strangers online.

Its 90 dollars more for the 1700 last I checked that wasnt twice as much.

Are you entirely informed by posts on Sup Forums?

Cuz it sure looks that way

It's an old picture, my newest one from Sup Forums is the screncap where you don't make a assclown off yourself.

Now if only I could find it.

Who is this semen demon?

>calling others weebs
>while being a tripfag with a moonrune name

>bin the chips for a year
>overclock them
>release as Zen +

So what Intel has done for 2 generations now?