Which is the best windows version that isn't 7?

Which is the best windows version that isn't 7?

Server 2008 R2

Xp. Botnet free.

W10 LTSB 2016 with no activation.

10 LTSB

linux

Install gentoo

XP > 7 > 8.1 > 10 LTSB

Unironically.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

That's like asking what flavor of ice cream is best that isn't pistachio, and then only giving the options of dog turds that have various degrees of freshness. Pistachio (W7) might not be your favorite flavor, but by removing even that choice, all you're left with is shit.

98se

And "pistachio" is really just green colored shit.

dumb botnet poster

10 is a lot faster than 7. Are people really this hell bent on nostalgia?

Nothing is faster than the GOD OS that is Windows 2000.

Nah. It's just a pretty nasty ice cream. Still better than shit, but there are a lot better ice creams out there.

Why not just activate it?

>bloat over NT 3

Uhhh no anything further is an advancement in NT. Therefore everything following can only be faster.

definitely 8.1, it's faster 7 with less ugly aesthetics, only brainlets think 7 is muh mustard rice windows.

The one compatible with your PC

8.1. Perhaps 20 times more stable than latest Windows 10. But then again, W10 1709 is a piece of garbage.

>Why not just spend several hundred dollars?
Well... ya see... hardware costs alot. You'd have to pay for your own machine to understand.

ZorinOS Lite

>Therefore everything following can only be faster.
Objectively false.

Ok, serious question.

How is it, nowadays, with a semi-modern build, Windows 7 any better than 8.1?

/thread

XP

It's 99 dollars, poo butt ass.

>all these idiots saying any Windows is faster than its predecessor even though they require magnitudes more resources for the same tasks

Unironically: Windows 2000

Ironically: Windows RT

Windows 1.0

Has anyone here used NTLite to LTSB up the latest Windows 10 Enterprise build? Or some alternative program?

Is there any way I can factory reset my computer after losing the repair usb? Computer just got a shit loads of corrupted files and cant fix it. Using windows 8.1.

get another drive with the iso

windows is for fucking nu-soycucklets

they don't sell fucking LTSB to individuals

what is a nu-soycucklet?

Windows ME

Vista

Don't they do that thing where performance gradually deteriorates and things start getting screwy after 4 weeks? I've noticed it on win 7 when it's not activated.

Wrong. XP was when they started collecting user data.