What's a good email provider Sup Forums? I have been using the gmail botnet for some time...

What's a good email provider Sup Forums? I have been using the gmail botnet for some time, and want to see what else is out there

Other urls found in this thread:

protonmail.com/blog/thunderbird-outlook-encrypted-email/
money.cnn.com/2017/10/03/technology/business/yahoo-breach-3-billion-accounts/index.html
twitter.com/ProtonMail/status/900097982212845570
twitter.com/ProtonMail/status/900103315907911689
neomailbox.com/
countermail.com/
cotse.net/services-email.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unironically cock.li

protonmail, I switched recently. It even has 2FA which is a huge plus.

Has protonmail become less clunky recently? I checked them out back then, made an account etc. and then kept on with gmail with Thunderbird.

I can't give out a cock.li email address to anyone in real life.
thunderbird compatibility is more important than 2fa.

If it's for real life use, then I'd totally recommend Protonmail, it just werks and [email protected] is better than [email protected] if you need to give your email to people other than close friends

It's also based in Switzerland which is another huge plus.

beta faggot

idiot underachiever

Yahoo
They offer 1 TB of free space
You can use it for personal stuff like sending an email to one of your relatives
Yandex
You can use it to verify accounts and use it for spam and all that
Cock.li
You can be a faggot

>got a cock.li email
>recruiters get interested on my profile just because I don't use the plebeian choice of email provider
>teammates get impressed to the knowledge you can infer from someone using a li top level domain
>hiring manager thinks I'm some kind of uber hacker who doesn't care about lowly societal norms
Now I'm making more than 600,000 using uber hacker tools like nmap thanks to my cock.li email.

>Yandex
Russian botnet
>Yahoo
American botnet

Everything I don't like is LITERALLY a botnet
LITERALLY a botnet
LITERALLY a botnet

When the "bridge client" that allows you to use thunderbird comes out for linux in "early 2018", I'll switch.

I still don't understand the reason for "encrypted" emails that don't work unless you're messaging someone who also happens to be using protonmail. Wish they'd be sensible and just let you use normal IMAP and SMTP.

Or you could not be retarded and just encrypt your own emails.

Protonmail, since their protonmail bridge thing, is unironically the best choice.

You can now access protonmail through thunderbird.
protonmail.com/blog/thunderbird-outlook-encrypted-email/

I don't know how anyone could recommend Yahoo after their astronomical fuckup.

money.cnn.com/2017/10/03/technology/business/yahoo-breach-3-billion-accounts/index.html

>I still don't understand the reason for "encrypted" emails that don't work unless you're messaging someone who also happens to be using protonmail
Because think about how it works for a second. Everyone can already use gpg, but they don't for the very same limitation

>cock.li
>no 2FA

Pretty sure protonmail gives you a public pgp key so that people can use it to send you encrypted messages. That said, I think you still have to use their system to return messages in an encrypted form.

>yahoo
>yandex

This is correct. They let you export your public key, but not your private key.

But literally everything is a botnet. Your car is a botnet if it was built in the last 20 years. Your phone is a botnet, your internet connection is a botnet, your landline is a botnet, your credit card is a botnet, your doorbell is a botnet, your windows are a botnet, if you stain your doormat, it is a botnet aswell.

I'll bite. How is a 2005 Dodge Stratus a botnet? What is in it that gives it botnet capabilities?

is there a way to switch emails, i have two gmails but i want to fuse them in a seperate email adressis there a way?

It has an EDR. Supposedly it only records 20 seconds before the event of a crash, but is going to confirm that, right?

Yeah, but the EDR doesn't have the capability to continuously upload. If you're never in an accident, nobody will have any idea what is on it. That's a far cry from botnet.

Cockli has cnames you morans.

I doubt a budget chevy from 2005 has it, but anything sold in USA past 2013 has a GPS as a part of the EDR, regardless of if you have an in-car SatNav or not. Also alot of the SatNavs are internet connected for map updates/traffic information/firmware updates, so there is that. If you don't want your car to be a botnet, buy a

If you're not going to be having an accident, anything built prior to 2013 is fine, by your own admission.

>I can't give out a cock.li email address to anyone in real life.
then give out an airmail.cc email address. cock.li has a large selection of domains.

cock.li

fastmail

Don't listen to the idiots here, ProtonMail is an utter meme. Their support is shit, and they don't have any way of verifying your concent when any changes happen to your account, meaning you're fucked if you don't set up 2FA and managed to get hacked or something somehow. They also can't even automate simple stuff like making sure they're site-status page stays updated, because they haven't manually "trained" their apparantly outsourced pajeet "staff" to maintain it yet, meaning that you can never be sure if their services are really acting up or not.

It's literally a polished turd run by MBAs/marketers that know how to fool people into thinking they know what they're doing.

Not to mention:
twitter.com/ProtonMail/status/900097982212845570

twitter.com/ProtonMail/status/900103315907911689

As for actual recommendations, try one of these:
neomailbox.com/
countermail.com/
cotse.net/services-email.html

Your own, now fuck off Sup Forums you stupid newfag.

>meaning you're fucked if you don't set up 2FA and managed to get hacked or something somehow
I'm not refuting everything you've stated, but when you get a privacy oriented email, securing your account with a good password/2FA is obviously your burden, which means you'd be a fool not to use 2FA (and FreeOTP by Red Hat is open source and free, so there's not even an argument against using 2FA).

>if you don't set up 2FA

why would you not?

This

I'm not saying you shouldn't set up 2FA, obviously it's the sanest thing to do, but the point is that it's a massive oversight by the "team" running that half-baked dog and pony show, to make your shit utterly pwnable by default. I only know about this shit because I used to recommend it to people like a retard too, then eventually I heard their horror stories about it and decided to dump it myself.

I would, but OP's already stated he values being able to use local mail clients over 2FA capabilities.

so you are saying proton 2fa users are pic related

I'm not understanding. The entire point of protonmail/tutanota/etc is that the operators can't read your shit. Therefore, if your account gets hacked due to a weak password, then it would be literally impossible to help you.

What i guess I'm saying is that you are bitching about a company that doesn't have access to your key doesn't have access to your key. That's the entire point. The only alternative is a solution like iCloud, where it's encrypted, but Apple owns the keys and can hand your info over to anyone they want to, OR to not have encryption at all.

Again, I'm not looking to defend protonmail, per say. But it doesn't make sense to bitch about something that works exactly as designed.

You're attacking a strawman. I already pointed out in my first post that there are really easy ways of mitigating that kind of shit without sacrificing encryption. Like literally any additional layer of verification besides 2FA would be enough to prevent the kind of stupidity they allow. A simple confirmation sent to a backup email for example. But they don't do any of that.

Second of all, they can claim whatever they want about what they don't have access to, but clearly they're banning accounts based on what they're used to talk about, as suggested in their Twitter posts.

Don't make the mistake of falling for the "encrypted email" meme thinking you're totally private and secure, because SMTP email is pretty much inherently incompatible with privacy; doubly so if you're relying on a hosted IMAP email provider instead of running your own POP3 server.

They do have backup email

which they don't use for jack shit, thus making it pointless. The whole service is security theater.

>Like literally any additional layer of verification besides 2FA would be enough to prevent the kind of stupidity they allow
They already have 2 passwords as an option, as well as 2FA. What solution are you talking about.

Also, they are banning accounts not by reading your emails, but by people publicly showing shit that violates Swiss law. Don't blast controversial shit with your protonmail account attached, and you'll be fine.

And, as I said before, I'm not really interested in protecting protonmail. Any javascript mail is gonna be insecure by definition. The only arguable way that a protonmail account would arguably be secure is through its phone app. That said, I AM interested in defending the truth of matters. And the truth of the matter is that there is a LOT wrong with protonmail, but them not being able to recover your account if someone changes your password isn't one of those things.

If someone hacked your account and disabled it, it would be pointless. And you can bet that if I hacked yours, that would be the second thing I did (after changing your password).