Now that the dust has settled, how has the Blackberry KeyOne held up?

Now that the dust has settled, how has the Blackberry KeyOne held up?

Underpowered, overpriced, flimsy piece of shit
>b-but hardware revisions
Doesn't change the first two

Faggot

>no dedicated call buttons

Is the Classic the absolute best Blackberry ever made?

I wouldn't trust RIM with anything after they said they would help the FBI. Hardware doesn't mean shit if the OS doesn't prioritize the interests of its customers above that of some other organization.

Quit pretending your cellphone is a supercomputer.

Chink meme phone. Useless to anyone.

That's what you want to think

I'm typing on my Blackberry Keyone right now.
I've had it since September and it has worked like a charm since then. I know I sound like a shill, but no, I'm just a satisfied customer. I can't find any complaints.

Can you talk about the battery life compared to other phones you have had?

I'm a pretty heavy user, my Xperia Z3 lasts me about 80% of my day. Of course, there are phones with better batteries than the keyone... but I like the keyone a lot, and I *think* it would last all day for me.

Also, what's the learning curve like on the keyboard? Do you know how it compares to fleksy, if you have ever used it?

I like Fleksy a lot, and the keyboard coming at the expense of the screen size is a mild concern for me

>can you talk about the battery life?
It's honestly the best feature about the Keyone, imo. It easily beats every phone I had before (in chronological order: BB Curve, BB Bold, Samsung S4). See pic. Battery can easily last for two days on an average 9 hours screen usage. If you turn the phone off during the night, like I usually do, the battery can last even 3 days.

>keyboard learning curve
I don't know Fleksy, but it takes quite a bit to get used to the physical keyboard. Once you get used to it and to its functions, you simply can't live without it. Keyone's physical keyboard also works as a trackpad, so you can browse pages by moving your finger up and down on it. When you consider this little and yet nice aspect, you can see that the shorter screen isn't a problem at all.
Other useful functions of Keyone's physical keyboard:
>swipe to the left to delete a word
>set multilanguage option to receive word recommendations in different languages
>set shift to ctrl so you can copy/paste very easily

Forgot pic

>double tap to control cursor
>pinch to zoom
>swipe up to select word suggestions
I love the keyboard trackpad so much. I really need to get a new Passport, been using my Q10 for the last 6 months or so.

do you have the 3 or 4 gb RAM version?

3GB. It's more than enough to me. I barely hit 2GB most of the times.

>keyboard making a gigantic bezel
It's garbage

Better than no keyboard

>no keyboard
You always have a software keyboard

>Underpowered
Yeah when you consider the price bracket but not really noticeable
>overpriced
Supposedly you're paying for the keyboard, which is 34 capacitive buttons plus a fingerprint sensor
>flimsy piece of shit
Agree

>fleksy
Never was able to use it since I'm bilingual but in the brief time I did it is sort of similar

>you can always have garbage
Thanks, I prefer a real keyboard
I'm happy with my touch sensitive bezel

>real keyboard
That piece of shit is as "real" a keyboard as a virtual one. If you want a real keyboard then plug it in. Anything that small is impractical and it's better having more features and a keyboard that stays out of your way, than one permanently stuck to your screen. It's a retarded design. Imagine having to glue your keyboard to your computer screen.

>t. I've never used one and/or have sausage fingers
If it's just the former, I'd urge you to try one for a while
It's pretty comfy
If it's the latter, I'm so sorry

I really want to get one of these but since the bootloader will never be unlocked i'm really not sure. Ive been using custom roms since like cm6 and not sure if i can handle a phone without them

Why the fuck would I use something that kills 300 pixels? I'd need an external display for it.

Because it's worth it.

Because it's objectively better if you mainly type on your device
Now I'm not saying buy a keyone but maybe fondle one in a store or maybe try a Q10? They're cheap

>dedicated call buttons

BlackBerries are for men who work for a living and need to make calls and send email/SMS/IM. They're primarily communication devices.

>All these kids actually discussing the KeyOne
>Non-hideable keyboard
>Shorter aspect ratio
No.

God I fucking wish they made a Priv 2, it would be the ONLY Android phone that's worth it, other than the Note 8.
>T. Applefag

>Non-hideable keyboard
>Shorter aspect ratio
These are pros.

Linus tech tips said it’s not that great

Still no way to root the damn thing?
I wanted to cop one so fucking bad, but I don't think I'm gonna buy one without the possibility of rooting it

Priv's been out for over two years and still isn't rooted, I wouldn't hold my breath for KEYone root.

Imagined that.
Well, I just hope chinkese companies will release more phones with physical keyboards in the future

i wish they would unlock priv 1
>so, this is our flagship
>our biggest hit
>our best model
>how often should we release new android version for this wonderful device?
>lol never
>stuck with marshmallow, no unofficial roms because muh security

this phone was my best bet when i was going to buy new device, what a fucking shame

What about women?

Wish they had updated it to nougat
Fucking BlackBerry

>implying he knows anything other than kernels
Fuck off lol

I don't like the price, but then again I don't spend more than $200 on a phone because I only need basic functions like text, calls and checking emails.

They fixed the screen issue in the latest update.

I use Swiftkey because it has a number row and I find myself swiping to type a lot.

I use a Redmi 4 Prime with a SD625 and 4100 mAh battery.

>phone
>muh 300px of precious screen
>t. manchild that needs to play gayms
Go away, it's thanks to people like you that phones are no more mere appliances but have become such all-powerful computers.

I bet you'll also tell me now that you need all those 8 cores coupled with 8 GB of ram to shitpost on Sup Forums

daily reminder that pic related is linus fanbase

Linus is a shill who targets literal children, the biggest example of his fuckery is that video he did recently saying you "NEED" a Quadro for productive workloads while comparing it to AMDs gaming lineup(like the RX 480 and whatnot) while COMPLETELY ignoring the WX series which is AMD's direct competition to Nvidia's Quadro lineup. It was almost shocking how deceptive it was, especially considering most of his audience won't know better. Not even an AMD shill but if you're talking about workstation tasks, COMPARE THE FUCKING WORKSTATION CARDS FROM BOTH COMPANIES, DON'T COMPARE A WORKSTATION CARD FROM COMPANY 'A' AND A GAMING CARD FROM COMPANY 'B' and then pretend it's a surprise to conclude that you need company a's workstation card EVEN THOUGH COMPANY B HAS A WORKSTATION CARD YOU CAN COMPARE IT TO THAT YOU *CHOSE* TO IGNORE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yeah fuck Linus

Unless went out and got every single one off the shelves I don't care
Still happened to mine plus my fingerprint sensor went out
Yes I am sending it back for repairs

I take it you didn't order tickets for Autism Fest 2018?

Thirsty? Let's compare orange juice to a celery stick. Hmm while celery is somewhat thirst quenching in a pinch you're DEFINITELY gonna wanna go with orange juice.

>meanwhile an ice cold glass of sparkling water is sitting on a table off-screen

>mfw gaveup android and switched to BlackBerry Classic to avoid Google botnet two years ago
>mfw fallen in love with BBOS10
>mfw no longer supported
at least I have a keyboard and the blackberry hub ;_;

i think my switch from bbos10 (q10) to android (z5c) was most painful smartphone-related experience i ever had. i had to switch from responsive palmos to laggy winmo at some point, but not even that felt as bad as bbos -> android
>had q10
>got z5c
>no keyboard
>stopped writing any longer messages until absolutely necessary, stopped responding to emails, stopped chatting
>no night mode in android, can't just swipe down and go to sleep, now i have to set quiet mode and shit on my own
>took me couple days to stop swiping to hub
>z5c was absolute monster back then, but it still felt kinda sluggish compared to bbos (until i started loading bigger apps, which definitely worked better on z5c)

i had two devices at the same time (z5c/q10) for couple weeks to decide if i want to switch, and it was really hard to do it. i did it because at this point bbos10 was obviously dying, it was when they replaced functional facebook app with browser shortcut. i still miss it, it was just so well-thought, so capable as an everyday digital assistant. now i have huge full touch slab of glass, i've made some adjustments to make it a bit more user-friendly (home button at home = bb hub shortcut, stuff like that), but if there would be bbos revival, i wouldn't even think twice before going back.

i want my keyboard asap

I love mine. One of the first batches so no extra screen adhesive, no issues there.

im still using that
I like it alot but like everyone else said, why the fuck can't they unlock it now? They already said they've officially dropped support for it so why not unlock the bootloader?

There's a complete BB10 OS launcher however there are times when it's laggy

downloaded it, it makes no sense. no hub integration, not even running apps in little windows, it's just generic launcher with bbos skin

It has it's own Hub. It's not meant for BlackBerry Android phones. Dunno why you'd make this without integrating BlackBerry apps but it does give some nostalgia

can someone with a keyone explain how typing symbols and/or in other languages works on the keyone

can the keyone do japanese input?

Italian user of Keyone here. Since my language needs accents, I mapped accented letters to specific keys in the symbols keyboard. So far I've been pretty satisfied with this choice. See pic. I even mapped emoji to sym keys. Mapping keys is very simple: go to Settings > Languages & Input > Keyboard Settings > Blackberry Keyboard > Advanced > Symbol layout customisation > check Use a customised layout for symbol keys > Customise layout.

As for Japanese, I don't know how Japanese input works, but Japanese is among the supported system languages, so there must be a special input for japanese characters.

I would buy one but they're going to announce a successor at MWC, with the Snapdragon 660 which is the mid tier CPU of the next gen; performs as well as last gen top tier but offers way less power usage

>>Non-hideable keyboard
>>Shorter aspect ratio
like on user already said, this is a good thing

>>no night mode in android, can't just swipe down and go to sleep, now i have to set quiet mode and shit on my own
my phone has this

I have been using it for half year now. The build quality is fine but the phone is super slow and freezes a lot randomly. I like the keys but everything else seriously sucks.

>Be me
>Brought a priv on release
>Bad build quality
>Screen jiggled around when keyboard not slid out
>after a month got annoyed, been in box since.

Nexus 5 Since release -> Downgrade to priv -> Upgrade to OP3

You are retarded and your post is stupid.

your usage must be different compared to the other keyone owners in this thread, this doesn't seem to be a common complaint

>imagine caring this much about phones

My KEYone doesn't freeze. The nav buttons however wont work if you use one of those tempered glass screen protectors that's what I dislike about this phone.
Unlike other people say it's more durable than most smartphones that were released recently

It's a handheld like design faggot not a pc

>"We're very confident in our ability to grow the keyboard market," said Gareth Hurn, BlackBerry Mobile's Global Head of Device Portfolio, in a conversation with Engadget.
I'm waiting to see what comes next. I'm sure the KeyONE is fine but I'd much rather see what they've learned from it, I want the next generation.

what exactly is blackberrys role in hardware design now?

>Imagine having your keyboard stuck to your screen

Hardware performance is not the issue, in fact modern high end phones are overpowered, the software is definitely rough though.Price is fine. But I will give you that the screen separation on earlier models is definitely an issue.

Another Keyone owner here, Battery life is solid, I can easily get two days with my limited usage, however that is because the software kills background apps to the point of retardation. You can not properly multitask on it because by the time you switch back to your previous app the process has been killed.

Another Keyone owner here, the keyboard honeslty took me a few weeks to get used to but I could never go back to typing on a screen again .

I think Fleksy and the Keyone keyboard are pretty similar. Both support swipe to delete, they are both touch to type / click to type keyboards, and they have similar features

Isn't it just a worse Passport with a better camera?

allegedly it's successor will have bigger keys

That seems good to me.

>keyboard that stays out of your way
the only thing you do on a phone is type on it. I can't be in your way if it's the number 1 thing you do on your phone. That is unless you watch media on your phone in which case you should kill yourself

keyboard phones

I was just going to do that one.

This may be my favorite phone physically, if they made this with a modern internals and camera, I'd be very happy.

>keyboard
>trackball
>curved handset
>tacky soft touch material
unf

Bonus: gamepad phone

Figured I would post it because I owned one along with this.

Still have mine, but the touch screen is unresponsive. It was great while it lasted.
I wanted one of those for the longest time.

I'm on the priv and its been the best phone that I've ever owned bar none. Its fantastic and fast and it does literally everything I need it to. I really don't want to upgrade to that piece of shit to keep all the features that I have currently, especially considering how fucking retarded the keyboard placement is now in comparison to the slide on the priv. I just wish that they would give us those fucking android updates already (at least it stills gets security support but still)
/blogpost

all shit
static keyboard in portrait is the only decent phone keyboard layout possible

>Yeah when you consider the price bracket
I can get it new for 430€ on amazon, Y/n ?

I agree with the portrait keyboard bit but fuck static keyboards.

Used to own this one. Best keyboard hands down.

I kind of dig this resolution.

>mfw