One of these is the best album of the 90s

One of these is the best album of the 90s.
Which one is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a4fYYtSYv-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where's Siamese Dream?

None of the above

Lonesome Crowded West isnt there but SFTB is second so i guess that

Top right was supposed to be Spiderland but whatever

In the trash where it belongs

>junkie core

Good contender

>nigger music

>meme core

Wait why is Down Colorful Hill there twice

OP you had one job

>junkie core
Except he didn't get addicted for another three or four years.

It's okay though you and your mediocre pretentious post-hardcore album did your best

loveless

>pretentious post-hardcore album
You tried

Sorry, I forgot it's post-rock because Washer and For Dinner have crescendos in them.

Soundtracks

>DJ Shadow
>nigger music

you can always rely on the most obnoxious posters being slint fans

tfw dj shadow is white

soovlarky

>Siamese Dream
>Trash

>I don't know what I'm talking about

Loveless, easily

Objectively:
Spiderland
Slanted & Enchanted
Repeater
Loveless
Souvlaki
Soundtracks for the Blind
Yrself a Steam
OK Computer

/thread

Repeater

yes
>inb4 fucking memeshit

>Which one is it?
I don't know, but they're all very good, well respected albums and I could understand why you would pick any one of them as your favorite

None of the above

OKC, not even memeing

Found it

Down Colorful Hill. Such a beautiful album

>no mention of Perfect from Now On ITT
fucking sad

Self-Titled>Either/Or = Roman Candle = XO desu

You need to listen to XO more if you think Either/Or is better

I love all his albums and s/t is very close but every album of his has at least one track that sticks out as being below the rest except for XO. s/t has Good To Go, Either/Or has No Name #5/Punch And Judy, Roman Candle has No Name #4, but XO is consistent the whole way through. And he doesn't sacrifice his edge and lyrics with the bigger arrangements like he does on Figure 8.

I've been listening to Figure 8 more than the others recently, Roman Candle and Self-Titled have always felt darker to me than the others, and honestly I enjoy XO more than E/O and vice versa depending on my mood and how I feel at that moment in time.

Yeah I can see that. Those two are definitely his darkest so if that's what you want I can see how that would be your favorite. Personally I feel like s/t is the one that depends on when I listen to it but they're all great

Have you heard FABOTH? Super dark and some crazy noise rock elements on that one

I've listened to it once a long time ago, but I always felt weird listening to any albums released after his death. I'll give it another shot though, especially since nowadays I listen to a ton of noise rock

Yeah I was wary of that one and New Moon at first but they are about as far from cash-ins as you can get. FABOTH is a pretty serious bastardization of what he wanted to release but it's great still and New Moon genuinely had a lot of thought and care put into it. The people at KRS have given Elliott ten times the love DreamWorks has. For one of the songs they even dug up the instrumental and vocal track from separate sessions and put them back together since a full version didn't exist.

I wish we could have FABOT like Elliott wanted, it would be absolutely insane. Hell, even like it is now its a fantastic beast of an album.

Dude, don't even remind me. Think about all the songs that got cut. Imagine if we had gotten Stickman on there.

Imagine if we had more songs like this. Fucking. Track.

youtube.com/watch?v=a4fYYtSYv-8

Either Loveless or Yerself Is Steam

here you go op i see you forgot this

Soundtracks is such a singular work of art that it's impossible to compare it to the other albums.

I'd say OK Computer is the quintessential 90s album though

E/O = S/T > Roman Candle > XO > Figure 8
with e/o and s/t being 8s and figure 8 being a 6.5

one of the worst albums ever definitely one of the most overrated