What happens when I connect my PS4 to my PC using a USB-Cable with two male ends?

What happens when I connect my PS4 to my PC using a USB-Cable with two male ends?

Can I transfer data or no?

wrong board

Nothing, it won't physically fit.

What do you mean it won't fit?

No, you can only do back-ups by connecting an external drive via USB.

You might fry a power circuit on either end. Both USB ports will be putting out power. USB is only supposed to provide power from one end of the circuit. Think about USB drives or any other USB device. They use power not produce it.
>inb4 powered USB hubs
USB hubs that have dedicated power automatically cut and route power properly.

probably nothing but it could hurt the electronics
since both are 5v there should be any problem with the power but what mighr (Unlikely) be damaged is the usb controller from data+ and data- . you will certainly not be able to transfer files though .

>You might fry a power circuit on either end.
power supplies with the same voltage can be connected in parallel

It just won't do anything period.

it will install a jailbroken copy of high sierra

Nothing, you dumbass
However, you should try connecting your fork to the power outlet, that might yield some results

What about charging your phone via a laptop? How is that different?

Okay guys, thanks for the replies!

Gonna use a normal USB Stick then.

the usb port doesn't output voltage
the voltage it gets through usb normally, goes tp the charge controller

>USB-Cable with two male ends?

All USB cables have two male ends.

shut up you bigot

He means male A to male A. A cable that should not exist, but does anyway. I have one that came with a shitty old digital camera.

There were also some that had a chip in the middle that actually DO transfer files between computers, but do it by appearing as a device to each computer. It needs a special driver though, so it won't work on PS4.

You cant transfer data, but you will turbocharge your PS4 with flops extracted from your PC's GPU. This is called a flopjob.
Your PC will lack some game performance for a while but after its restocked you can do this operation again and again.
Sony hid this functionality because they thnk of their electronics purity and dont want to turn your PS4 into a pormiscuous whore that only lusts for other device's juicy juicy flops

I once did that with two PC's back in the day, nothing happened

you can charge devices (including other phones) over USB from your phone

>a USB-Cable with two male ends?
that's gay

Why the hostility?

Bullshit.
USB host controllers can link, but this is rarely done. For example, my Galaxy S4 is capable of supplying power to USB slave controllers, but it will also connect to the host controller found on my desktop computer. Perhaps you should learn something before you speak?

>best case
nothing

worst case
>fried ps4 and or pc

No, it's the right board, but OP is just a retard.

This is one of the most brainlet-tier serious answers I've ever seen on Sup Forums. Both your computer and the PS4 have USB over-current/over-voltage protection.

That's not normal USB, it requires a special cable with an extra sense line to tell the controller to reverse direction. You can prove it too, take a mini-a, splice it to a female a and try to use it on your s4. Without the custom 5-pin mini-a your Samsung won't try to connect to whatever you plug in.

>Can I transfer data or no?
No you can't.

Guys, it's called USB OTG ("on the go")
Yes, it's been there for ages but normies are too dumb to understand its benefits.

That's why I said "normal"
I didn't want to explain unnecessary stuff like otg

S-Senpai...

angst

I know that feels bro

those motha fucking 6666'6 bra.

fuck OP and fuck all yas

You will learn what consciousness is

Try it and find out. It isn't going to fry the thing (assuming the PC also has proper voltage regulation mechanisms, which it will if it isn't utter chinkshit). The PS4 probably has firmware locks that prevent you from doing this, as I would guess that the internal disk cannot be mounted on a different computer over USB. But you never know.

>I would guess that the internal disk cannot be mounted on a different computer over USB. But you never know.
You'd be correct because literally no operating system in existence works like this.

Devilish

> male to male
Truly the gayest board

Your PS4 will not present itself to the PC as any device it has drivers for. If you can figure out how to make your PC present itself as as a mass storage device over USB then you can transfer files between the two using the PS4. You could also have your PC present itself as a game controller, keyboard or any other peripheral device the PS4 supports. The real limitations of what you can do comes down to software on your PC and PS4 as well as transfer speed supported by the slower of the two devices.

Probably nothing at all.