pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

candykeys.com/product/vortex-race-3/
candykeys.com/product/vortex-race-3-iso-nor-mx-clear/
keyboardco.com/category.asp?sr=FK303QPC-&swi=Matias Quiet Click&ss=de&rtv=100&UI=matias.ca
aliexpress.com/store/product/hhkb/3034003_32844093560.html
amazon.com/Verbatim-Slimline-Keyboard-Accessibility-Compatible/dp/B017M4IX8W/ref=pd_sbs_147_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B017M4IX8W&pd_rd_r=B2EDVPQZJ255W5R2HHGH&pd_rd_w=qvIWO&pd_rd_wg=2uE1A&psc=1&refRID=B2EDVPQZJ255W5R2HHGH
youtube.com/watch?v=kaBvauhEmH8
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for seiden.tech a fatass

Because "tactile stems" in MX switches are a joke

Can anyone help me find the right keyboard

>Budget
€150
>Location (continent at least)
The Netherlands
>Preferred switch type
Clears?
>Layout
Don't care ISO/ANSI?
>Form factor
75% (no numpad, but prefer actual arrow keys instead of having to press fn + x)
>Backlight
Not required, but a plus
>Previous/current keyboards
laptop keyboard

At work I use a laptop stand (pic related). This means I have to use an external keyboard. I would like to be able to fit it in my Targus CityGear laptopbag. But I hate typing on a scissor switch keyboard all day.
My main tasks are writing scripts (terraform/ansible). Not actual coding such as C# etc.

Since I will be using it at work I don't want to be the autist with the CLACKCLACKCLACK keyboard.

this picture fills me with disgust

Vortex Race 3
candykeys.com/product/vortex-race-3/
candykeys.com/product/vortex-race-3-iso-nor-mx-clear/

wonder what type of ameriburg is behind this post

Thanks, that's what I though as well, appears it's sold out nearly everywhere atm

Or is it completely new?

If you're willing to step up to tkl then you can grab the gmmk and just put quiet switches in it

I don't know why keyboards are so over priced in Europe. If you want something more tactile then browns or clears, but quieter then check these out
keyboardco.com/category.asp?sr=FK303QPC-&swi=Matias Quiet Click&ss=de&rtv=100&UI=matias.ca

everything is overpriced in europe, thats just how europe is. high taxes, expensive and inefficient labor, high import fees, spread demand etc etc etc. expensive place to live.

its cheaper to buy from international sites so you can evade taxes and its completely legal. For example where i live if the imported item cost less tan 50 euros then its tax free and post office wont even bother opening packages that wight less than certain kilos

Why doesn't Varmillo make aluminum cases for their larger keyboards?

I fell for the tenkeyless meme, but I really miss my numpad when I need to type more than 4 numbers in a row, so I thought I'd buy a full keyboard from them since they're the ones who offer the best customization.

What's the alternative?

Filco is your best option. It terms of customization nothing beats filco.

I listened to Sup Forums and bought a Filco, my first mechanical keyboard.
I paid 120€ for a majestouch tkl with blues. Shit is noisy as fuck and has non removable non braided usb cord.
It didn't even come with a keycap remover.
The keycaps aren't even good and you can feel the legend printed on them.
Would not buy again.

>quiet
>sharp click feel when actuating (not mushy bump like mx brown)
>light (preferably under 50g)
>QUIET
what switch?

that's because you're supposed to mod it. no one here has a vanilla filco, if you do then you're retarded.

is that 50g actuation or bottom out force? reds actuate at 40g but bottom out closer to 55g

No way to know really.

If I need to spend another 100€ for a case and another 40€ for a keycap set, I might as well buy a new keyboard.

it's actually cheaper to buy a filco and custom mod it, then to get a custom keyboard from a group buy which is why most people do it, not to mention it's a lot easier and you don't have to wait years hoping it wasn't a scam this whole time

don't know actually, was just throwing numbers out there. The lighter the better though, I could probably go for a 10g bottom out switch if one existed.

Got a new IT job, looking for a full size (Tenkeyed) silent black board with no backlight and PBTs under $200. Been typing on my ducky shine 3 with browns for the better part of six years.

those do exist, kinda topres are actually 10g switches if you take the rubber dome off since the only thing that serves is to add weight and tactility

that's clearly a new keyboard you got there

Ducky One 2

what made you stay in each of this thread without ever discussing keyboard and showing off guns instead.

just pure curiosity.

because it looks fucking cool

now im shilling him you dumb shit

gateron clear?
this but wondering if the weight of the stems and the keycap will pushing down and actuates instead

>>portapotty got a shill
you're literally the human excrement

what parts of it looks cool?
it's just fullsized filco with dolch keycaps. maybe brown switch or black, nothing nearly as cool really.
even this looks cooler if you will

he probably a reddit user without morals that thinks reposting others people content is acceptable behavior and not rat mentallity

is it yours? just think about it as an act of flattery then

no its not me, make your own photos
>let me steal a 30min video and make some buckos
>gets called out
>hey im doing you a favor by promoting your content
what ever floats your cells

you sure sound like having a bad experience regarding that matter

>buys a keyboard with cherry blues
>complains its noisy

its my mind set, there's nothing wrong on taking his image and transforming it into something new but whats not okay is to impersonate other people just because of some free (yous).

We trust each other and so we post, without trust this place would be a shi- wait a moment this place is a fucking shit hole!

is anyone ever tried this?
aliexpress.com/store/product/hhkb/3034003_32844093560.html

model use dsa keycap, how about other keycap compatibility, because i can see in bottom row there's not much space left for keycap's slope side. is it gonna be okay? want to try building my own keyboard and it seems cheap for a hhkb layout, and didn't have hideous design like TINA.
planning to use SA keycap or cherry profile

this thing here

Can filcos became full programmable keyboards or at least let you swap control with caps?

yes

to both questions on many of their keyboards

>Can filcos became full programmable keyboards
yes they use QMK
>swap control with caps
that's actually already a thing since they have dip switches on the back

Niceou.
Then I will get a filco.
Has anyone moded them for have hot swapable switches?

that's a lot of work and money since you have to desolder the whole keyboard and buy new hot swap sockets. A cheaper option would be to buy a mounting plate that lets you open up a switch without desoldering them

>Shit is noisy as fuck and has non removable non braided usb cord.
You can remove it, you just have to open up the case.

iirc filcos use a mini molex connector for their usb cables so you can easily mod it do have a detachable cable

any bluetooth remote mechanical keyboards?

nope no such thing exists. actually i think you're the first person to come up with such an idea. i bet you people would give you millions for wireless keyboards

I don't know if I want that, cause I desire to buy Kahil BOX switches.
Meh, probably I'll end buying a programmable DIY keyboard.

get the anne pro, it's the Honda Civic of keyboards

that says it's a gaming keyboard though

Yes, and?

i'm not a gamer

so?

No.
Don't listen this fucker
Anne Pros have an awful firmware that makes them almost unusable.

so it's just like a honda then

>Honda Civic

You what

The Civic of keyboards is a Filco, simple, plain, just works.

The Anne Pro is a Mitsubishi Lancer, cheap, low quality, ricer.

I know jack shit about cars.
>googles Honda Civic issues
>literally there's a page called Honda Problems
Thanks guys. I gained more knowlegde today.

>civic
>simple, plain, just works
in what world?
Filco's would be toyota

In the real world, where you can just buy a 90s Civic for a couple grand and drive it around with only basic maintenance and no issues.

or you can get a 90s ls for 1.5 and run circles around any Honda shitbox from the past decade with way better reliability

Is are 3.5 to 4 grand, try harder

no they aren't, at least here in the states. they're 1.5-2. Maybe if someone restored one I can see that price

SEPARATE
NUMPAD
What possesses you to go to fullsize when you already have a keyboard?

See there's your problem, the states used car market is a completely different beast, everything is dirt cheap over there because average consumers buy new cars every two years.

Where can I find a good TKL with a number pad? Is there a name for a layout like that? Hopefully it's not some expensive Korean custom layout

That's still a better deal tho then a 90s honda shit box
Toyota V8s are much more reliable then a leaky vtec

>Where can I find a good TKL with a number pad?
I'm confused do you want a full size keyboard? or a TKL with a seperate numpad?

you want this layout?
amazon.com/Verbatim-Slimline-Keyboard-Accessibility-Compatible/dp/B017M4IX8W/ref=pd_sbs_147_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B017M4IX8W&pd_rd_r=B2EDVPQZJ255W5R2HHGH&pd_rd_w=qvIWO&pd_rd_wg=2uE1A&psc=1&refRID=B2EDVPQZJ255W5R2HHGH

Pok3r finally showed up, black case may have looked better with caps but oh well, I'm happy!

I think he means a keyboard without ins/del/home/end/pgup/pgdn/arrow keys

u wot, I wouldn't exactly call it low quality, ricer

youtube.com/watch?v=kaBvauhEmH8

jdm classic

>buys shit car
>spends 40K on it
why not just buy the real deal?

Where could I get those caps :o
Also thinking whether I should get the RGB or wait for the regular to stock.

>he doesn't recognize ChinkPBT Sushi
anyway those keycaps are overpriced for the poor quality they offer

What are the highest quality Cherry profile caps I can buy? BSP?

Meant to add PBT in there.

Gateron actually makes some pretty decent sets, but they're worth 40 bucks and not 80 like sushi. BSP is also an over priced meme, but they do have the best dye-sub keycaps you can buy. I'd say get EnjoyPBT since most of their sets are reasonable at around 50-60 bucks

diy browns.

Cherry dyesubs

you can get the sushis for like $60 if you shop around like a not-retard

enjoypbt is dyesubbed gateron

It took 80 posts before we got to some real content
this thread is filled with too many Sup Forums kiddies
Nice little project by the way.
seems yo me like it would've been easier to just hand wire the keyboard to a single controller instead of having all those ribbons

you can't tho.

yea. kinda forced myself to use what was cheap or what i already had.
and i wanted the ability to swap stuff out.

Is BSP better in any way than Gateron/EnjoyPBT besides the dye sub job?

i think you forced it to hard.

I said Lancer, not Evo.

The Lancer is a shitbox naturally aspirated anaemic 1.5L front-wheel drive car that's only bought by poor teenagers who then slap chink bodykits and big spoilers on them

BSP is much sharper then EnjoyPBT so they look better, not to mention that gateron keycaps aren't exactly the best, pic related

I have an EnjoyPBT set and it has very noticeable warping that looks a bit ugly. I wouldn't buy another set just for that reason.

They're thicker and less warpy too.

BSP are basically the GMK of PBT: old Cherry molds and highest quality shit

What 60% to get?

go back up, pick the template and try again

@923
Just tell me cuckboy

did someone say 60%?

@183
>I use a full sized chunky big black keyboard

@Anonymous
[quote]Just tell me cuckboy[/quote]
Use this
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

I keep hearing that Cherry Mx switches are a meme around here, which would be the Sup Forums approved switch brand? also where's a good place to buy keycaps?

cherry is fine as long as you dont get blues or browns

Outemu, Zorro and Kailh switches are based and /mkg/ approved. Stay away from zealio, matias, cherry, topre and Alps as they are shit.