Soundcloud ADVICE/HELPING thread

so yeah, i saw the other soundcloud thread, but i don't need any pointless "follow for follow" shit, i need advice and so do the rest of you (else you wouldn't be posting your music here).

So, what I'm suggesting is a sc critique/advice thread where we evolve and become better musicians, instead of trying to reach a pity few follows.

Will comment and advice as much as i can on as many posts as i can, i expect the same from the rest of you.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/iamimago/mind-massage
soundcloud.com/d-e-e-p-w-o-o-d-s
soundcloud.com/nathanoriginal/melancholia
soundcloud.com/gaijinbeats
soundcloud.com/eternalnote
soundcloud.com/dasjchvxbzvc7/found-a-way
soundcloud.com/morrano/sin
soundcloud.com/cancanfly
soundcloud.com/cancanfly/posing-for-rosey
soundcloud.com/cancanfly/atlas
soundcloud.com/moonflower333/calm
soundcloud.com/officialdtb/the-centrum
soundcloud.com/junksh0w/cut-it-out
soundcloud.com/kulungele/zarathustra
soundcloud.com/moonflower333/6543a
soundcloud.com/thomas-marshall-44/peyno5bh9sv0
soundcloud.com/kylejohnkenowski_man-cub
youtube.com/watch?v=2Py8dirq21c
soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship
dropbox.com/sh/xzeycxqjpdbgd72/AAAPfTrPp2LvlSh7NpVs9nNpa?dl=0
soundcloud.com/xodene
soundcloud.com/dankmemevespertine
youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
soundcloud.com/bonnene/proggy
soundcloud.com/noface4u
soundcloud.com/megumiband/milkweed
soundcloud.com/jamesianmckenzie/head-in-a-box
soundcloud.com/kirishtavinyara
soundcloud.com/ssryrss
soundcloud.com/ssryrss/theclub
soundcloud.com/kimo-chi-880223830/sets/draftwav
soundcloud.com/installafriend/crazeless
m.soundcloud.com/rodeodrive/innercontinentals
soundcloud.com/mephisto_waltz
soundcloud.com/christof-rosas/crf-project-the-curious-breakfast-incident-pt-1
soundcloud.com/oxbloodoxblood/sets/how-long-is-forever-ep
soundcloud.com/swollenskinny
soundcloud.com/user-756775011/calabi-yauswollen-skinny-particle-horizon
soundcloud.com/agaton-315367474/two-point-moon
soundcloud.com/pentia
soundcloud.com/jmcx1liftoff/
soundcloud.com/kievaughn/upper-echelon-travis-scott-ft-ti-and-2-chainz-remix
soundcloud.com/tidepulls
soundcloud.com/th555/anikura_77
soundcloud.com/qphj/elevator
soundcloud.com/psilotane/orange-sunshine-test-4/s-NDwu5
soundcloud.com/slime-9/mk-ultra-international-espionage
soundcloud.com/user536029835
soundcloud.com/zolton-2/spaced-prod-ignorvance
soundcloud.com/zolton-2/shark-fins-prod-relevant-beats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>soundcloud.com/iamimago/mind-massage

a song i just released, a WIP, but it has potential. What do u guys think?

>record label
>tapes

i think i should resing some parts for when i release the ep later

soundcloud.com/nathanoriginal/melancholia

>hip hop
>boom bap

soundcloud.com/gaijinbeats

>little bit of aKu, nujabes etc.
>chillhop

soundcloud.com/eternalnote
>Ambient
>Drone
>Dreamy

>short sample based hip hop beat
soundcloud.com/dasjchvxbzvc7/found-a-way

soundcloud.com/morrano/sin
>chiptune
>piano classical mish shit
>shit voiceovers
>"comedy"
help me out man

as far as i can tell, you're only posting here for promotion. And fuck you for doing that, you're in the complete wrong area to search for promotion. You wont find any listeners here, most people here are like you, leeches.

>soundcloud.com/nathanoriginal/melancholia
Whatever critique i might have is more towards your song is more towards the genera than your music itself. Sounds solid man, search for a record label who'll have you produced largescale.

>soundcloud.com/gaijinbeats
Sure it sounds good, but it doesn't stand out at all. I've heard this kind of music so many times from the likes of "The chineese man" and so forth. Try something new, experiment a little

>soundcloud.com/eternalnote
Holy soothing! Shit man! This is comfy! Add some rain in the background, sell it to some gamecompany and you'll make tons of cashmoneh. Wish i had some weed at home.. Nice job!

soundcloud.com/cancanfly

>Featured in Rave Mag!

>Feels Hop
>Electronic
>Beat
>Ambient
>Downtempo
>IDM
>Experimental
>Chillwave

I blend electronics with real instruments and beats. Will return feedback and follows.

>MY MOST WELL RECEIVED SONG :

soundcloud.com/cancanfly/posing-for-rosey

>NEW SONG :

soundcloud.com/cancanfly/atlas

soundcloud.com/moonflower333/calm

I'm about finding unique melodies and experimenting with every genre

soundcloud.com/officialdtb/the-centrum
>Indie
>Post rock
>emo (?)

soundcloud.com/junksh0w/cut-it-out

Just finished this today, check it out and repost if you're about it

soundcloud.com/kulungele/zarathustra

hippy hoppy stuff

>soundcloud.com/iamimago/mind-massage
Gave some feedback on sc. Now on what you need to do to become a better musician. It sound pretty good, but if your going to keep it instrumental you may wanna add more progression. Its only one melody as far as I can tell, and one melody songs can work (jon hopkins immunity does this perfectly) but you need to work with more effects. The beat does start getting too loopy after a while. Although the synth part at the end is definitely nice, it does still feel the same as the rest of the song. You could also work with some vocals, vocals alone makes you come a long way, and makes it feel like a more full song.

Im

soundcloud.com/mbrk
>instrumentals
>triphop/hiphop/idek

been stuck in one of those slumps where everything you make sounds like shit and you wonder why you even started making music. any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and returned. happy saturday friends

>soundcloud.com/morrano/sin
now i'm gonna be a bit harsh here, but it sounds like something a rng computer would make. no mastering, no harmony, no synths but sin waves.. Are you even listening to ensure the tones fit together? I heard several which are completely off. Unsure if you're doing your best, but go look up some tutorials on youtube man

>soundcloud.com/cancanfly/atlas
Snare a bit to loud, imo. It might just be my taste of music, but i found the kick to be "over sidechained" which created a chompy feel which disrupted the song. The song had no "flow" to it.. You're great at creating your own sound, but I'd say you're lacking in tieing it all together to create a full experience, work some more of song structure. Check out Andrew Bayers album "Its Artificial" and learn from the master himself

-------------------------------

You'll find me as OP and bellow:
soundcloud.com/iamimago/mind-massage

soundcloud.com/moonflower333/6543a

Also, my most well received song and my personal favourite

soundcloud.com/thomas-marshall-44/peyno5bh9sv0

soundcloud.com/kylejohnkenowski_man-cub

>freak folky but with less folky noises and lots of layering (listen till the end, it progresses!)
Really love it. The production, the textures... Idk, I'm a sucker for nature sounds, but not everybody can back it up with interesting composition. Followed.

I might work on the brittle-brightness of the synths and production in general. I like the tonal composition a lot though. It's got really nice progression, doesn't overstay its welcome. Still though, I might give that attack a couple milliseconds so it wasn't so blunt, at least not all the time. I like the classical piano bit at the top of your page though. You might like this thing I made:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Py8dirq21c

It's not quite out yet, and the trailer doesn't really tell you what it's actually like (except the last few seconds where the looping fades out) but you might think it's cool.

Thanks man, see >soundcloud.com/mbrk
Then post some of your wip. Sure, just posting your channel provides the most amount of listens, but it wont get you any further.

Though, personally, when I'm in one of those "nothing sounds good" phases simply stopping making music for a while until you find the motivation/sound which you love does the trick. Recently i started watching some Tarrantino movies and noticed his artistic touch and thought "hey, how do I apply that to my music?", and it worked wonders. Simply put: I don't believe music is something you should force yourself to do. The second you see music as a road/tool to success or something you must do you'll loose what's inside you which creates truly great music. So... Take a break, play some computergames instead. When you really want to make music, make some music

My shit based brah

soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship

I'm so glad i'm not on a more potent drug than alcohol right now... jesus that stuff was crazy! What was that?? The bit at the end sounded fantastic though! The rest... well.. not so much

Ok, Ill take that, thanks. You may wanna try my other songs though, beats not as choppy, may feel the flow on those. I only say this because Atlas is actually a song from more then a year ago I never released but then last week I upgraded it and remixed and mastered it and released it. The other stuff I made except for Ranon is newer.

please feel free to give me any pointers and rate my trash
dropbox.com/sh/xzeycxqjpdbgd72/AAAPfTrPp2LvlSh7NpVs9nNpa?dl=0

soundcloud.com/xodene

>Psychedelic
>Experimental Electronic
>Instrumental Hip Hop

really effective ambient, nice work. I wonder if you could experiment with some subtle percussion and make the mix still work.

well there's some interesting samples here that have a lot of harmony. I definitely like the vibes from that, but I find it hard to get into the grove of your tracks. work on your rhythm/drum programming and maybe find better drum samples? something that sounds more punchy, but maybe they just need to be processed better.

excellent fucking advice. thank you sir.

soundcloud.com/dankmemevespertine

>Progressive Pop

I'm starting out with production after being an instrumentalist for a long time.

I return ALL feedback, both here and on SC.

Gave feedback to all of these on SC. The ones ITT I skipped I already gave feedback on.

Left some more in detail comments on sc, but long story short:
Download Nicky Romero Kick from any torrent site and look further into song structure. I'd like to see your song being structured after something like youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

It's not really the same kind of song, but it's slightly similar still. I hope you can see my point even though i'm kinda bad at explaining it

lol, I didn't want to reveal too much of the content, so I figured I let people glimpse the aesthetics without being able to hear the actual music. The whole thing is far more like the last bit. The rest is just tiny tiny phrases looped and layered to give it an incomprehensible feeling, not indicative of the actual piece itself.

I hope you know you're creating content which people will click in and say "oh shit... so how did i end up on this part of internet?", intentional or no.

That's really helpful. Thanks. Also, I love that song, so it's cool that it reminds you of that.

Really does feel like a mind massage, good job

Just amazing

Trippiest shit I've seen in a while, pretty cool.

soundcloud.com/bonnene/proggy

My latest track, would love some feedback if anyone can be bothered to listen through it.
>Progressive Metal

I think you're projecting. This guy seemed to think it was alright.

>Sounds solid man, search for a record label who'll have you produced largescale.
thanks a lot dude! thats kinda what ive been doing lately tho probably not as actively as i should. just last night that track got turned down by this kinda label page and i was really bummed, so this is the encouragement i needed, thank you
as for your wip id suggest layering a snare with that clap in certain sections, especially the ending. it sounds clean tho my dude

this is pretty cool, love the piano in there. i feel like the kicks should hit a lot harder tho, and need more highs cut out of them. maybe layer an 808 or something on the start of each measure. also the clap snare throughout the track feels kinda cheesy and takes away from the mysticism of the song. looking forward to hearing the final version!

>ambient and sad, sometimes a little percussion
soundcloud.com/noface4u

This is exciting, I love feedback

>me singing
>and growling
>marimba, synth, guitar, drums
>happy summer feelings

soundcloud.com/megumiband/milkweed

well i know i am, i'm also in that spectrum (you srsly don't wanna see my youtube channel)

>soundcloud.com/bonnene/proggy
I srsly wish i had more knowledge in the genera so i could give feedback but i don't. As far as i can tell this sounds as metal as Metallica, but the again, i don't know shit about metal. This felt alot more "musical" then most metal though, i liked that. If i have any tip it's to stretch out the chords a little, dare to not swap around so much.

>(you srsly don't wanna see my youtube channel)
Well now I'm curious. Out with it.

>this is pretty cool, love the piano in there. i feel like the kicks should hit a lot harder tho, and need more highs cut out of them. maybe layer an 808 or something on the start of each measure. also the clap snare throughout the track feels kinda cheesy and takes away from the mysticism of the song. looking forward to hearing the final version!
Thanks for the feedback!

Had to write/record a song for uni and it turned out way better than expected.

>singer-songwriter / indie / folk / lo-fi / acoustic

soundcloud.com/jamesianmckenzie/head-in-a-box

Will comment on the tracks of anyone who replies.

soundcloud.com/kirishtavinyara

>Electronic Free Jazz

This thread looks promising.

soundcloud.com/ssryrss
>critique my 2 shitty electronic tracks

>soundcloud.com/ssryrss/theclub
Now do you want to get critiqued or do you want publicity? I'd bet it's the latter since you'd seem to be very invested in your trademark and not so much in your music.

Without going too deep since i simply can't be bothered with the likes of you, listen to your favorite song and then try to recreate it in whatever DAW you're using. Once you've managed to recreate whatever song you're fond of then try to make your own song with the knowledge you've obtained.

>soundcloud.com/kirishtavinyara
Scared the shit out of me. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're simply kidding and aren't serious.

ok kinda feel bad now, i'm sorry, i don't mean that about "you cant be serious" part... But having music which are from 0% audio to 100% music is simply a chock factor. Try to scale it up wouldya?

Commented on your first track yesterday, the second track has better structure and fun but holy shit the levels are maxed out like fuck. Somehow your shit hits like +5 db. It is one of the most sausaged tracks I've ever heard.

sorry, didnt have a soundcloud. here soundcloud.com/kimo-chi-880223830/sets/draftwav

soundcloud.com/installafriend/crazeless
>kinda pop
>kinda everything really

It weird when a song idea comes to you at random, it's like when you listen back to it it sound like every song you've ever listened to put together

m.soundcloud.com/rodeodrive/innercontinentals
I tried to do sorta a condensed sonic youth type song

back to ableton i guess, away from all that photoshop

I'm neither of those guys but why must your tone be so condescending? It's unwarranted.

Here

Sall good man. I take a lot of inspiration from grindcore and other types of extreme metal as well as noise stuff. So making a super intense track was kind of my goal. I do have more diverse plans for future tracks but I feel like these two really establish my overall tone.

overall, really nice music! keep up the good work, but i feel, this track would do better with some more bass in it, i dont hear much and im using good headphones

soundcloud.com/mephisto_waltz

>Noise

I'm fed up with people trying to abuse forums like Sup Forums for promotion. And if you're not here for critique nor publicity, you've highly misunderstood this thread.

This was cool as fuck, reminds me of Meshuggah somehow. The second track was much better than the first though imo, I think it could have used something before the first part which just instantly blasts you with "what the fuck". Loved the part where it slows down around the middle of the second track.

This really really sounds like that Get Lucky song by Daft Punk during the first part. I started singing it in my head along to this song. The production is pretty good apart from the drums which could use some work I think. They sound kinda stale and unnatural which sticks out in a bad way compared to the other instruments. The second half is really cool I think, dark and chill and scaled down compared to the beginning.

Great production, fits really well with the track as do the vocals. I'd maybe just make the guitars a little less dry, add some verb or room simulation or something.

Listened to the first track, sounds really dark, spooky and unnerving. It feels like a soundtrack you'd have in a horror game I think. Great atmosphere.

from

How does that justify you acting like a cunt about it? You're just making assumptions about these guys while they're making music and just want others to listen to it. Obviously you can critique, but compare your tone to others in this thread and you seem like an asshole.

You must be quite receptive to critique, please refer to your own SoundCloud, I'd like to hear it.

I agree with this guy You're such a pompous douche that it's almost comical.

>Without going too deep since i simply can't be bothered with the likes of you

Ever read Confederacy of Dunces? I think you'd relate to the main character quite a bit.

soundcloud.com/christof-rosas/crf-project-the-curious-breakfast-incident-pt-1

>progresive kinda rock
>experimenting with effects, trying to produce an album

soundcloud.com/oxbloodoxblood/sets/how-long-is-forever-ep
>tropical post-rock with dance influences

returning all feedback on soundcloud
gonna go through the thread and check out all the DJs

Here

I'm glad you liked it! I'm also glad that the general consensus is the second track is the better of the two. I'd hate for the title track to not be the best of the album.

soundcloud.com/swollenskinny
>Beats
>Sampling
>Synth
>Experimental
>Lo Fi
>Chill, Sad Vibes

soundcloud.com/user-756775011/calabi-yauswollen-skinny-particle-horizon
>A collaboration with one of my friends, check it out

Critiques and suggestions are welcome

soundcloud.com/agaton-315367474/two-point-moon

>instrumental hip-hop, sample-based, audacity-core

>TFW MY ACCOUNT OF 2 YEARS GOT TERMINATED JUST AS I WAS GAINING POPULARITY
IT WASN'T MUCH BUT IT WAS ALL I HAD GODDAMN IT.

I've been at Sup Forums a while, and what i've noticed in most sc threads is endless amounts of self promotions. I've noticed people who aren't here for advice nor help, but only for that "Played last 24 hours" and "followers" count to rise and people who are willing to post _absolutely shit music everywhere_ in order to make that counter climb. I'm not one of them. I do not take Sup Forums as some kind of shitty promotion forum and i do not believe that Sup Forums is about that kind of shit. I think the people in Sup Forums is somewhat talented, but mislead by the instant success that the internet provides. Ofc people are going to spam their music here, it's an easy increase to his sc account, but it wont provide success. Success is in doing good music. And i want to help doing good music, and some of (most of) my harsh comments are to help people do good music.

You people aren't crafting a precarious diamond unless it sounds like rough diamond. And in most cases it doesn't.

soundcloud.com/pentia

Techno and tech house. What do you think?

yhyh cheers man, i get the drum point, hoping to get some live drums on next week in the studio with the band, it'll sound a lot better

You're assuming I need help when I need exposure.

You're assuming you need exposure when you need help. A person who produced professional music gets publicity automatically simply because other persons think they can earn of ones talent. If you noticed some random person in this thread who sounds like a new deadmau5, would you not promote the shit out of that person in order to say "Hey, I totally promoted that deadmau5 person".

soundcloud.com/jmcx1liftoff/

>hip hop
>sample based
>beats

Love u guys

made my first remix, first time chopping vocals, had a lot of fun with it but i damn sure need some pointers
>Trap
>Dirty South
soundcloud.com/kievaughn/upper-echelon-travis-scott-ft-ti-and-2-chainz-remix

shit man, great stuff! I'm a big fan of sampled hip hop instumentals. Get Your Love is easily the best one.

soundcloud.com/tidepulls

Solo project that evolved into a 5 piece band from Orlando FL

If you're playing a show near the Orlando area hit us up. We're always looking for bands to play with.

>Shoegaze,Dreampop,Post-Punk

Working on 5 song EP consisting of new versions of the demos we have and a couple new songs.

>If you like/hate our music, feel free to leave a comment on our soundcloud and follow us pls

But that's wrong. Having skill is just one way to get exposure and it's not even that dependable.

I made like canto ostinato but with synths
soundcloud.com/th555/anikura_77
the Plucked! thing from FL is pretty cool

Thanks man! I appreciate it!

this. all of it
but yea also this

unexpectedly good, great instrumentation and composition, would work on getting the very best out of your vocals though. as in get someone who can do production to take the very best out of multiple takes so that your vocals sound consistent all the way through.

in my opinion having musical skill should be the only way one reaches anything in music

i'm right there with you man. that should be the way it is. but appearances, connections, and pure luck are often what let people hit it big unfortunately

u untalented fags are all just jealous lmao

Fantastic production, great playing, great progression, cool use of different sounds and effects. Really chill and awesome track. Nothing more to say really.

For the first track, I think it's way too long for what is happening in it. It's basically the same loop all the way through with modifications to it. In my opinion I'd try switching it up a bit more somehow and maybe shortening it a bit. The production is great throughout though and there's some cool ideas in it. The second track is better I think, loving the sounds used and it's a bit more varied, but also suffers from what I said about the first track.

Listened to Dominoes, pretty chill. The vocals are mixed pretty bad though while the other stuff sounds good, the performance could also be better as it drops at a few points.

I don't really see why this is as long as it is when not much really happens, change it up some more and do some different things throughout, because right now you can basically jump anywhere in the track and it sounds pretty much the same.

from

i can't really prove this(since there might be alot of unnoticed talent which are.. well.. unnoticed..), but i'm quite sure that people who are truly talented get noticed. And if they're not, they wont.

lmao tell me how rebecca black got exposure again? talent?

>I don't really see why this is as long as it is when not much really happens, change it up some more and do some different things throughout, because right now you can basically jump anywhere in the track and it sounds pretty much the same.
See I changed a few notes' position in a binary sort of pattern on both parts and layered them, so it's 16x16 slightly different measures. I get that you probably don't give a fuck tho

plenty of people get exposure precisely because they're bad. it's a legacy in the music industry that they don't get. that's where talent matters, whether people remember you or not

why would u give a single flying shit about rebecca black baka

sounds cool, i can see this being background music in a game
i don't but millions of people did
shhhhhh you know i'm right about this

Why would SoundCloud terminate an account, are their commonly rule violations or something?

I mean, you could add some more stuff to it to make it (imo) more interesting, maybe some more instruments during parts and key changes and stuff, just throwing out ideas.

soundcloud.com/qphj/elevator

>Psychedelic

yea you're right, I thought about that, maybe next time but wanted to keep this one clean
all my other tracks are really short though

I've been working on this for the past couple of weeks, and I'm pretty close to being done, minus the lack of proper structure.

If anybody could give me some honest feedback on this, I'd really love to hear.

soundcloud.com/psilotane/orange-sunshine-test-4/s-NDwu5

>glitch hop

interesting, i like the samples and the (for lack of a better word) funky feel. it's easy to keep listening to if you get what i mean. the synths are also cool

soundcloud.com/slime-9/mk-ultra-international-espionage

Just finished this up earlier, would love some feedback on it, especially on whether or not the 'sparse-ness' of it works

Thanks user, I really appreciate that.

soundcloud.com/user536029835

very good music, followed

>Yake

soundcloud.com/zolton-2/spaced-prod-ignorvance

soundcloud.com/zolton-2/shark-fins-prod-relevant-beats

I do my own audio engineering and advice would be appreciated