How did you discover Grimes?

How did you discover Grimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1FQ1rmNqmvY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

through Darin

In a fucking nightmare.

lol. someone just posted her on a qt celeb thread or something, thought she was qt, stumbled into her music. pic related was the pic

>Sup Forums has been posting her for a year
>finally break and look her up
>'ah okay', close the video after two seconds

someone posted a thread here about her making a nu metal track and i thought that would be interesting but unfortunately there was none and her actual music is shit lol my friends

>a year

telescope

How lucrative is viral marketing? If you get 100 answers on Grimes' market penetration in this thread, how much will her promo team pay you for that data?

>How lucrative is viral marketing?
Pretty lucrative

I'm not autistic enough to keep track how long either an artist or myself has/have been on a board.

friends listened to visions a lot
i thought genesis was pretty good and oblivion was alright, rest of it was pretty garbo tho

Wait, what?

By being on this shithole.
I checked her out and shes fucking horrible

I think it's just one lonely guy who sees Grimes as a deity rather than viral marketing

montiefag detected

Visions came out and I liked the cover so I gave it a listen and then listened to her backlog.

Grimes is posted on mu for a long time. It all started around 2010-2011 and it became really popular around 2012 after Visions was released.

I'm not either, but she's been p4k cancer since 2012 m8

nope it's more than 1 guy since i'm one of them

>backlog

Newfag detected.

Fuck off Montie.

Well it's one guy that does most of the Grimes posting

And do you think 2 seconds it's a fair chance for an artist?

wrong opinion

i have coordinates

the next Ricardo Lopez?

>Newfag detected

Newfag spotted

How do you know that? Do you have access to the IPs for each post?

It's the same arguments and posting style every time. I couldn't prove it in a court of law but it's very obvious

I'm willing to grant that some or even a majority of grimesposting is waifufag who aren't getting paid, but this thread worded almost identical to a boilerplate market penetration survey (How did you hear about our product or service? Which of the following brands are you familiar with? Select all that apply)

>nu-metal
>interesting
Your problem right there, my friend.

Do you think there's a marketing team involved? How much do you think she pays them?

pays them in grimes dollars

Yes. Cf. swearing in speech. You can easily tell when it's not a stylistic necessity, but just impressionability and lack of restraint and trash the person. Or capitalization and punctuation in writing. Once I see a musician associate themselves with a shitty genre, experience shows it's not rationally worth it to give them a chance. The number of false positives is negligible given the gains of my investing my time elsewhere.

what can i buy with grimes dollars?

And how much a grimes dollar is worth it in real dollars?

they buy regular dollars with grimes dollars

All her albums and tickets to her shows.

watching weird videos on youtube, suddenly i end up on the grimes music video where she's in a sports stadium and i just end up watching all her videos, downloading all her music and then i got tired of it. Grimes was a good ride.

>and then i got tired of it.
:/

she came to me while i was tripping on dmt feeling connected to the universe it seemed like she materialize from another dimension i asked who are you she said grimes....WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

you were on dmt, thats probably what it means

give her a chance

listen to halfaxa atleast. It's way different than anything else shes done, its like m83 mixed with cocteau twins and swans

But Visions seems the perfect ballance between her experimental roots and her pop leanings.

Nothing personal. She's been given millions of chances by millions of people; she doesn't additionally need mine.

>halfaxa

The vocal harmonies are surprisingly nice, but I have an almost physical allergy to music whose most prominent aspect is the beat. Too bad.

I was searching for people that look like rodents, she and kendrick came out

>but I have an almost physical allergy to music whose most prominent aspect is the beat.
This is a common problem with Sup Forumstants. That's why they tend to hate anything too catchy, like Art Angels.

>learnings
i think she learns shit more in practice rather than following a key example
this is why it sounds amateurish to people

please be nice

Amateurish or not, I love her sound as it is. There's genuine talent involved in her music.

I randoml stumbled across the music video for Vanessa on youtube.
This was long before she blew up, and I remember one of the comments being something like: "Cute girl with tons of reverb? Pitchfork will eat this up".

And oh boy did they.

see

glitter and Japanese clothes

She is doing a show in a festival thats in like 2 months, and my gamer friends said that they are definitely going because if her.

Didnt really care.
Then i discovered Sup Forums has a cult following here, so i decided to give her a try. Im more of a pophead, so my favorite album is the worst one judging by popular feedback - Art Angels.

I like all of her music, but Art Angels is the only album which i would put on in a party or something.

I checked the bottom of my shoe after stepping in something gross.

/thread

>ywnfgita

montie is finally right for once

>Honestly Grimes is the most overrated, over-reported musical act of this decade
>Honestly Grimes is the most overrated, over-reported musical act of this decade

Who cares?
IT affects only posers, who dont give a shit about music anyway.

It was your name in that something gross.

Pitchfork hyped her in 2012

literally who?

Thought visions was going to be this really rad japanese thrash or something due to the artwork. Hadn't heard of her before that. Weird the song "oblivion" is about rape, because I actually have a good memory attached to that song.

Carles, bb

wow, I forgot about hipster runoff.

Boy In Da Corner was on a Sup Forums essential hip hop list for some reason

On Hipster Runoff

Carles made a funny post about a kid that tried to do a school shooting, and he posted the "Vanessa" music video on his facebook before it (before she released Visions)

Youtube

she's overrated on Sup Forums

I was offered drugs by some strange kids while I was hiking in the woods. Against my better judgement, I took the drugs. I started feeling weird, and one of the kids transformed into some kind of fairy goddess. She called herself Grimes. Everything became a dreamy blur after that. I came to my senses sometime after midnight. I was covered in ivy and beside me was an album called "Halfaxa".

literally one good song

I remember that story. The killer turned out to be a hilarious edgelord during the trial. He even escaped from prison briefly.

what happened

He wore a t-shirt that said "killer" and would give the victim's family the middle finger. He said stuff like he jerks off to the memories of killing their children. Not really what I would expect from a Grimes fan :-(

Pitchfork's best songs of the year, when Oblivion won

the same way you discover a dog turd on the sidewalk.

It's just kinda there, whether you like it or not.

I miss Hipster Runoff. It was better than Pitchfork and didn't take itself nearly as seriously.

o yeah i remember that

youtube.com/watch?v=1FQ1rmNqmvY

Jaw harp thread.
What do you think about it?
Any songs where it is used?

Kek'd

featured on the incredible string band's "the hangman's beautiful daughter"

a little hippy dippy for my tastes, but the jaw harp was a nice addition

sooo coooll what an edgemeister5000 xD

i bet thats what most of Sup Forums thinks. kids a loser.

in the condiments aisle

I was browsing dank memes on tumblr.

Wish I had a fancy one like that, I only have the most basic bitch jew's harp there is

Last.fm

Actually got up & danced a bit too.

youtube suggestions
literally how else can you discover music

are you high off your own farts or something?

Geidi Primes hyped by GvB in 2010

Hardcore fan here

her nose is her cutest feature desu

Impressive!

Liked the cover art and sounded interesting.

tfw no mentally challenged looking gremlin gf

Discovered Grimey on a random Youtube playlist back in 2012/13 whilst listening to Princess Chelsea

agree i also like her homely kinda smile and lisp and autistic personality