The iPhone X

This is revolutionary, I can't believe it

Other urls found in this thread:

dxomark.com/dxomark-mobile-scores-smartphone-cameras/
displaymate.com/mobile.html
amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-180-Digital-Silver-Accessory/dp/B01B6YDD1G/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1519588625&sr=1-3&keywords=camera&refinements=p_36:1253506011
amazon.com/Sony-DSCW830-Digital-Camera-2-7-Inch/dp/B00HNJWUBI/ref=sr_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1519588625&sr=1-5&keywords=camera
amazon.com/Bonna-mega-pixels-Digital-Camera/dp/B0721JY7LL/ref=sr_1_4/145-3492213-2970230?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1519589423&sr=1-4&keywords=camera
youtube.com/watch?v=6PrsZv9HgNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tim Cook really is just amazing, how can you make a phone that repairs itself? It's amazing!

Apple has really stepped up in their design. Just look at that image. Beautifully done.

You're 6 months too late

Yes (((Tim Cook's))) product worth nearly $700 is totally worth the price. Fuck investments and precious metals.

You're 6 months too late to be commenting on something that was made 6 months ago.
#Faggot

>couldn't even get the font right
bad

What font do they use?

>obvious GIMP text rendering

Dead on arrival.

Was this made by a C programmer?

san francisco

> Hurr Durr, it's not on my Winblows box. WHY?

>apple invented self repairing phones

meanwhile the human body have been repairing themselves for years

>doesn't know how to search for a download of the font online
typical winblows users

I'll only buy it when they fix the microwave charge feature

>that gif

She wants the d.

Apple always puts some unexpected cool features in their hardware.

Pic related, it's how you can charge your apple pencil in your iphone x.

cool, a dog that kills people.
love my gun tech that allows me to put those nasty fucks on site

didn't the touch screen fail to work if it gets too cold outside? pretty shitty.

Asshole, it did not work :( my speaker is fucked now

I'm pretty sure I watched a video of like 20ft and it survived

I fucking hate C.
I prefer Python, Lua, or C++.

>can repair glass itself
>battery dies

I dreamed about this fucking phone last night. It was awesome in the dream but I can't go back to iOS from Android

Why not?

not gay enough

this is fake and you'll break your iPhone. Don't believe these low IQ idiots.

Learn graphic design before trying to make a fake Apple image. This is one of the worst ones I've seen.

You also need to work on your style. Apple doesn't write like that, nor do they format in that way. Study their website.

>I'll only buy it when they fix the microwave charge feature
But they did! Didnt you get the memo? It was right there on the small print part near the end of one of their recent press releases, but since it's part of a revision that doesn't warrant a product name change (and saving Apple money due to not needing to change packaging and advertisin and all that shit), they've quietly rolled in the update that fixes the microwave charging, only announcing it once the stock of older version iPhones has been sold.
Any iPhone X delivered to retailers from Apple within the last 30 days will be of the most recent revision.

You and I know damn well Apple milks every single feature they can. There is no 'quietly' about anything. If you wanna trick Applel fans, you have to learn their lingo and learn their way.

Memes aside, and maybe not the right thread, but how good is iPhone's security? I've read that it's the most vulnurable smartphone; others say it's unhackable if not jailbritoken

so happy I finally ended the poordroid custom rom meme and bought this gem. feels good to let my little cousin use it as a football without breaking a sweat

>that absolute dogshit font choice/rendering
Are you just farming (you)s from people who want to call you a fucking retard?

iOS is less susceptible to malware due it locked down file system. I don't see how a smart phone could be "unsafe" since both Android and iOS require emails to function. What iOS does have is Apple Support, arguably the best tech support bar none. Stupid shit happening and your too dumb to fix it? They remote control your phone.

>High quality screens
>decent cameras
>shit nobody needs
Ok pajeet shut in go boot up your thinkpad.

whatever it doesn't matter, GLUT libaries can run in almost any language

you faggots, facial recognition is not okay what kind of personal info will you give out just so you can be in the matrix

>He doesnt understand where Face/Touch data is stored on ALL smartphones
Stored in the Secure Enclave brainlet.

You can buy a phone with "a decent camera" much less than a thousand dollars.

and of course, if you were actually passionate about photography you'd buy a an actual camera instead of being a retarded normalfag, shit, the ones that cost 300$ today are x100 better than any phone's camera.

High quality screens, my god, so fucking gullible, a marginal increase in quality -- on a fucking phone, for that fucking price, is enough of a warrant for you to throw your money?

but let us PRETEND for a sec that the things above were actually useful, are they worth a thousand dollar?
So you've (but i'm pretty sure you're just a faggot troll but this post is directed towards anyone who thinks about buying this anyway) spent a thousand dollars...for a fucking phone just because it has a better camera and a slightly better display.

Enjoy your thousand dollar status symbol, a 150$ phone could've been better.

I'm not defending the iPhone I am however defending the tech that is found in most flagship devices that you considered 'useless.' Some people want to take pictures without dropping an assload for a professional grade DSLR. Casual pictures are never taken with DSLRs. Thats stupid.
OLED and AMOLED panels on phones aren't just a quality boost, but they tend to have battery saving mechanisms and durability bonuses, as well as clarity.

keep believing that fanboy fag.

I'll bite

>You can buy a phone with "a decent camera" much less than a thousand dollars. and of course, if you were actually passionate about photography you'd buy a an actual camera instead of being a retarded normalfag, shit, the ones that cost 300$ today are x100 better than any phone's camera.

maybe a DECENT camera, but as they say. the best camera you have is the one you have with you. the best in class for smartphone cameras right now are S9+/Pixel 2/iPhone X and none of those are below $800

>High quality screens, my god, so fucking gullible, a marginal increase in quality -- on a fucking phone, for that fucking price, is enough of a warrant for you to throw your money?

Look at the photo attached. That's the difference in the colours between a cheap and expensive LCD panel that was also properly calibrated in factory. OLED tech is even better with colour accuracy, screen brightness and savings on battery life but the panels aren't cheap to make.

>but let us PRETEND for a sec that the things above were actually useful, are they worth a thousand dollar?

I don't think they're worth a thousand dollars, but you're not paying for just that even with the Note 8 or Pixel 2XL. You've got loads of other tech inside that just creates a better experience whilst using the phone which justifies the cost to enough people for them to pay it.

>Some people want to take pictures without dropping an assload for a professional grade DSLR
Then a 200 phone with a good camera will suffice like i said earlier in literally the first sentence of my post
>>You can buy a phone with "a decent camera" much less than a thousand dollars.

oh and instead of calling them "casual photos" admit and call them selfies, you filthy normalfag.

>OLED and AMOLED panels on phones aren't just a quality boost, but they tend to have battery saving mechanisms and durability bonuses, as well as clarity.
Who gives a shit? today's batteries last 12 hours of CONSTANT use, let alone if you're a grown up who doesn't play games or constantly finger his shitty social media, that's at least two days.

Like earlier, no warrant to spend more than 200--shit no wait, 150 dollars on a phone.

You have not refuted a single point from my post, not a single one.

Again, there are no warrants to buy a 200$, if you spend more than that on a phone, you're a child.

Not an argument. Has nothing to do with Apple, just phones in general brainlet.
>200 dollar phone
>has any of the post process flagships do
yeah sure
>selfies
Maybe I wanna take a picture of pets or my surroundings without carrying a 6 pound 1000$ camera that isn't covered by any kind of insurance.
>who gives a shit
Phones in that price range have ASS batteries so you just defeated your own point. And who cares? People who also want image quality and responsiveness in their displays. You are a retard. Stick to your laptops.

right one clearly has a much higher brightness, stupid comparison

right display has a green tint at higher brightness. sure someone can get used to a green tint but there's no way around the fact that it's not accurate.

Decent DSLRs that are as portable as smartphones yet feature all the same things (4k, five digit ISO, slo motion, HDR) WHILE being useable by PCs cost you more than the most expensive of Cell Phones.

>>has any of the post process flagships do
Yes, many of them do have enough quality to face your precious flagship, but hold on -- i thought you were merely taking a "casual photo"? why are you whining at quality now.
>6 pound 1000$ camera
now that' a strawman
like i said most cheap cameras 200-300$ are slightly less than a phone in terms of size.
>Phones in that price range have ASS batteries
nope; read my post again, many many 200$ phones have extremely durable batteries that last almost a day of constant use, fuck in fact my shitty 50$ wiko GOA at least 6-7 hours of constant web browsing.

Casual Photos still demand clarity and sharpness as that is the expectation. Quality is always an expectation, but DSLR Quality is for rare circumstances such as Media or Professional Photography. If you have one for casual purposes, or one that is less than 1000$, you made a poor purchase.
>like i said most cheap cameras 200-300$ are slightly less than a phone in terms of size.
Does not compute, please show me a DSLR as short and thin as a modern phone. Even then, 2-300 bucks probably means is garbage and can only shoot "HD"
>many many 200$ phones
Name (5) that have two day batteries like most flagships.

The photos taken from a higher end smartphone are objectively better.
dxomark.com/dxomark-mobile-scores-smartphone-cameras/
The displays on higher end smartphones are objectively better.

This is for you. This is both of those devices with an LCD testing image at max brightness. I'll post the EXIF data for you in a moment.
displaymate.com/mobile.html

EXIF data

Smartphones for dumbfucks.
There are cameras twice less the size of an iphone right now, for a 100-150 price, 20-21mega pixels too. (Iphone's camera is 12mp)
>4k, five digit ISO, slo motion, HDR
iphone (and most flagships) have none of these except HDR

Again, no reason whatsoever to spend more than two hundred dollars on a phone.

Oh oh oh, i get you now, you're one of those instagram faggots
Again like i said, literal 50 dollar phones with their 4mp cameras have more than enough quality for """""casual photography"""""
>please show me a DSLR as short and thin as a modern phone
amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-180-Digital-Silver-Accessory/dp/B01B6YDD1G/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1519588625&sr=1-3&keywords=camera&refinements=p_36:1253506011
amazon.com/Sony-DSCW830-Digital-Camera-2-7-Inch/dp/B00HNJWUBI/ref=sr_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1519588625&sr=1-5&keywords=camera
amazon.com/Bonna-mega-pixels-Digital-Camera/dp/B0721JY7LL/ref=sr_1_4/145-3492213-2970230?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1519589423&sr=1-4&keywords=camera

Twice as much mp as your precious iphone flagship
>Name (5) that have two day batteries like most flagships.
my shitty fifty dollar wiko goa
most shitty 200dollar huawei/xiaomis ever
those old samsung galaxies
and many, many, maaaaaaaaaany others.

and for both of you, back all the way to my original point, cameras are never a warrant to spend more than two hundred dollars on a phone.

And? like i said, not a warrant.

Xperia has the option to adjust the levels.

this is why i come to Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=6PrsZv9HgNM

>itoddlers unironically pay $1000 for their fragile cheaply made chinktrash
lmao

I don't know why you only talk about smartphone cameras.

you forget about RAM, flash storage, SoC, Displays, Chassis. All cost a lot more money than what goes in a fucking $50 smartphone.

>you forget about RAM, flash storage, SoC, Displays, Chassis
so like i said useless shit nobody needs or wants or feels like spending more than 200 dollars on.

a 50 dollar smart shitphone will do web browsing, phonecalls and apps just as good.

>RAM, Flash, SoC, Display
>useless shit nobody needs or wants or feels like spending more than 200 dollars on.
now I know you're trolling or you don't understand how computers work.
so answer this for me.
Why do you recommend a 200 dollar phone over a 50 dollar phone?
a 50 dollar phone can do everything you just said.

Nigger
listen to me the fuck here
you need no more than one gig of ram to make phonecalls, listen to music, browse web, or use some apps
that's why nobody fucking needs that gay shit
God you're fucking dense

>Why do you recommend a 200 dollar phone over a 50 dollar phone?
to weed out the fragile chinese shit, i buy 50$ phones because i know what to pick and most importantly how to take care of them, yet i recommend 200 dollar ones to people because i don't want them to buy from some shady chinkshit brand that wouldn't last a year.

you're 13 chill out

>defends smartphones
>classic 12 year old insult
>calls other people underage

Fucking phone posters.

Not him but 99% of what can be done with an iphone can be done with a $200 android phone. Including demanding games, having a battery that lasts long and general web browsing and video/music.
The only real advantage $1000 phones offer are their cameras, but for less than the $800 difference you could buy a Nikon D3400 or a Canon EOS and take better pictures and video than any iPhone could.

Why even recommend the 200 dollar smartphone then? If you know what the good ones are why not just recommend them?
Normies use Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Candy Crush, Twitter, Spotify and then a web browser and you think 1GB of RAM is enough?

I'm not dense I'm just don't need to justify to everyone why my purchase was better than theirs because.

That's true, but the same also holds true for a pair of shoes. Maybe you can run in a $10 pair of trainers but the $150 pair from nike will be more comfortable and less likely to give you foot problems.

Or even compare it to playing video games with a C2D from 2008 and a 750ti or a i9 from 2017 and a Titan V.
Yes you can play games with both but one provides a much better experience. That is what people are paying for. How hard is it to understand that.

>If you know what the good ones are why not just recommend them?
because "just buy a two hundred dollar phone, they do what a flagship does, but cheaper" ends the conversation right there instead of having to explain why this particular model from a brand they never heard about is superior to the latest flagship memephone
I don't like talking to people

>Normies use Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Candy Crush, Twitter, Spotify and then a web browser and you think 1GB of RAM is enough?
Yes, it works fine in fact.

>muh experience
No.
a one/two gig ram, one hundred dollar chinkphone will run smoothly any program no matter how bloated or laggy.

If you run cs 1.6 with a GT 610, then a GTX 849684 it wouldn't make a difference.

>repairs itself (*)

>(* after bringing it to an Apple store and paying $600)

>Normies use Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Candy Crush, Twitter, Spotify and then a web browser and you think 1GB of RAM is enough?
I don't know about iOS but with how aggreessive Android is with managing RAM I'm pretty sure it could manage. I'd still draw the minimum at 2GB, though. My own under $200 chinkphone has 3GB and I never had any RAM related problems with it.

perfect shit right there, add it to 's pic

but you could do the exact same with the 50 dollar phone could you not? regardless of if you want to.

>it works fine
but does it work well? there is a difference between something working and working well.

Okay run CS 1.6 at max settings at 4k on the 610.
But with aggressive RAM management you're constantly loading apps back into memory and with a slower SoC begets a sub-par experience.

I do admit that for some people a $200 phone would be fine, but what I'm saying is that people are buying flagships because they want the newest features and get enjoyment out of them.

>Can't even get the font right
>Text placement completely wrong
>Can't even write without run on sentences
microshills everyone...

>Okay run CS 1.6 at max settings at 4k on the 610.
It would probably run just fine if the 610 supported 4k. Its maximum resolution is 2560x1600

I've just had a quick search and there are people complaining about the card lagging below 0 at 1080 when smoke particles are on
It's still just fine though. not good not great. just fine. and it's 1.6 not even source. 1.6 is 15 years old I'd expect it to run fine

Stop arguing with this retard, you can tell it "it does X better," it lag's less, has a better display, has a better camera, provides a better experince relating to software, provides a better quality DAC or provides you with more then 1 GB of ram so you don't fucking have to >64879566
>Edgy anime poster

Yea, on CS 1.6, try anything beyond that Sup Forums