What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20051201042755/http://reddit.com:80/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Critical mass of popularity.

They went proprietary.

The same as social media: it got founded.

Mainstream and carryover hate from le 9gag.

You didn't go back there.

It was never right from the start.
Bootlicking deanonymized faggots can get off my site reee

Jews and SJWs and women and soyim

some guy died

karma system led to paid shills and ease to control what the users see by limiting karma on posts, also blatant censorship
co-creator an hero'd himself, but he was the only one who believed in free speech
only reason they make money is because soros + other big corporations know how powerful it is at controlling people to do what they want

How much Soros money is being poured into Sup Forums?

The logo.

redditors associate truth with upvotes
doesnt work that way on here

Then what do you associate with (You)'s?

Sheep are more profitable, forums and communities that are not centered around a combined goal usually try to weed out the chaotic elements as quickly as possible, don't apply this thinking to Sup Forums.

It was okay when it was a tech site, I guess kind of like what hn is now. Then it got more popular, digg refugees were the killing blow.

Nothing cuckholdes, SJW and Feminazis need a online safe space too.

Diferente sites have diferente target audiences

this

It's not even funny anymore when you go to r/news or r/politics. There's literally comments that will make your brain melt.

Also, SJWs and furries got hold of the site. You know what happens next when furries and SJWs got wind of the r/news and r/politics

Reddit was co-opted by Something Awful using their Jewish subversion techniques.

hillary clinton supporter CEO

>imagine being so much of a fucking manchild that you edit comments because they said something boo-boo about you

Steve Huffman is the epitome of cuck

tasty bait

it was born

Nothing, aside from bickering on part of trumpweenie trash after being censored for their le epic trolling, it's a great community where you can find a lot of useful technical and recreative content

Sup Forums doesn't even come close to the kind of stuff you can find about any topic on reddit, Sup Forums is just le epic shitposting trollbox for autismos

Comments as trees instead of chan style.

Reddit is the best content aggregator. It also encourages people to discuss like human beings instead of inbred chantards. Its problem is the massive bandwagoning due to comment karma. Really feels like an echo chamber sometimes.

>also encourages people to discuss like human beings instead of inbred chantards

Exhibit A in full display

Low IQ poltard troll trying to make people upset with le epin boomer orange grandpa and unimaginative greentexting.

How did it happen to Sup Forums? Was it inevitable?

the paid shills part is a massive problem for the site, the market of accounts you can sell is massive and pretty much kills any legitimacy the site had when you look it up on an individual basis and find out just now many paid for professional shill accounts there really are, look at any political activist account and you can see the history point where the account was sold, usually the early posts will be some hobby and niche thing and suddenly 180 to pure political posts

another huge problem is the karma whoring and comment quality, it destroys imaginative posts and perverts any real opinions into basically a huge circle jerk of oneliner jokes, you can find threads with thousands of useless replies all trying to make bland one liner jokes attempting to whore for karma, it really actually kills discussion, you will also find conversations pretty much always chain into one to 3 replies max, why? because one of them will just get downvoted to hell and give up on arguing his point, literally always happens

>implying you didn't post "le epin boomer orange grandpa" twice because no one was falling for your weak bait.

This is what's wrong

>Low IQ poltard troll

I'm surprised reddit got as popular as it did. The layout doesn't seem like it'd fit for actual conversations like conventional forums.

It attracted geeks and programmers initially. But then s flood of retards thought by going their they'd be smart and tech savvy as well.

Now they have profile pages and IMing.

That makes sense then.

>t. brainlet redditor

sheesh eugenics really wasn't the bad idea it was made out to be. these ppl should be culled.

Too many echo chambers

I go on Reddit sometimes for a niche hobby that doesn't get discussed as much on here, and while the site has less, uh, "shitposting" than Sup Forums can have (at its worse, that is), there's a general tendency towards dishonest posteuring thanks to the sites culture, the heavy handed moderation, and, of course, the karma/upboat system. I might not find excellent discussions on Sup Forums too often, but when I do, it frankly blows away the kind of discussions that I can get on other websites - it's a lot more "raw" I suppose. It's hard to put it properly into words. On Reddit, it really feels like people are forced to talk and act a certain way, and I have had a few instances where friends have pissed off certain people, who then latter went through their history to find something mean he said *years* ago, which then got him permanently banned. That's happened twice to people I know.

And the shills. Dear god. There's one subreddit I go to - relatively small community thanks to the more niche market - and one of the big companies in that business posts their status updates and does PR work there. The moderators are completely in league with them, and, unfortunately, this company is extremely shit; the amount of complaints that they've received over the years is huge, and moderators will frequently kill these threads saying, "Oh, you're getting too personal here" or whatever their usual excuse is. It's awful.

So, yeah, Sup Forums may be shit sometimes, but it's our shit to sort through. Reddit is one of the most artificial sites out there - it's a bit cleaner on the outside, but it's all a facade.

>but he was the only one who believed in free speech

The whole "freedom of speech" debate is half the problem though.

We already went through a mass exodus of people who actually gave two shits about this, and Voat overnight basically became "Sup Forums with user reputations".

For a few $$ on Fiver you can pay a group of Indians to upboat anything.

Sounds like there's a missing business opportunity for Sup Forums (You)'s.

Can we honestly judge an entire site like that?I mean,not all of Reddit is cancer.Some niche communities (forgotten or impopular games/franchises/series/ect) are actually really nice to interact with.What would you think if some faggot that only browsed Sup Forums twice in his life said that Sup Forums was garbage,even though there are a shitton of other awesome boards?

Too easy to manipulate with bots.

Just look at Reddit in 2005:
web.archive.org/web/20051201042755/http://reddit.com:80/

It was hugely tech focused. It reminds me of news.ycombinator.com

>even though there are a shitton of other awesome boards
but Sup Forums and Sup Forums are life user

giv me a (You) pls

>even the dog is fat

Take it! Take it all! I'm giving it to

here you go, friend

>It attracted geeks and programmers initially. But then s flood of retards thought by going their they'd be smart and tech savvy as well.
Reminds me of Sup Forums.

[removed]

Anons are just as fake as redditors. There's no difference.

then why are you posting here?

thank you

Why are you?

DELET

redditors are some of the most unfunny people i have ever encountered. its like their sense of humor revolves around months old Sup Forums jokes which has to go through some sort of reddit sanitizing process. the result is really disgusting. if you will browse the all section of the website you will see the kind of shit im talking about. or if you really want to induce vomiting go to /r/Sup Forums.