I'm seeing Swans for the first time in July

What am I in for?
Do I really need earplugs?
Are there patrician qt's at a Swans show?

Tell me your experience if you've seen them, been a fan for a while, just haven't had the chance to catch them live.

piggybacking on this because I am too

let's make it three of us

earplugs, they play really loud.

also Swans likes to make the atmosphere unnerving, so they'll make the venue crank up the thermostat real high.

>loud and beautiful
>if you're a coward
>no

You don't need earplugs
There won't be many qts and the ones there wil have boyfriends
There will be milfs
And also some fucking weirdos who probably have mental issues
Someone may shit their pants (saw someone do in when I saw swans in 2014)

1) Intense, atmospheric, noisy, unsettling. Really cool ambiance like you would expect based on their records. One of the best gigs I've ever been to.

2) Yes, they play loud.

3) Of course not.

>also some fucking weirdos who probably have mental issues

Sup Forumstants

just get earplugs ffs, it's just a concert

they may be loud but they're not gonna attack you with clubs or some shit

>trying to convey toughness over the internet

oh boy

earplugs, also because you could develop tinitus.
also mallgoths """"sluts""""""

half joking

but i know gira doesn't wear earplugs

and having your ears completely blown is definitely part of the experience

they were still echoing in my head two days later

>Are there patrician qt's at a Swans show?

No, it's going to be a bunch of men just like you

>July

In Virginia by chance? I'll be there.

Honestly I don't think earplugs are that necessary. Do they play loud? Yes. But they are masters of manipulating noise in a live setting. So there isn't a lot of the annoying static one might hear from a typical concert for which a good pair of earplugs are needed.

No real qts at a Swans show. Expect an interesting variety crowd wise though compared to an average live show.

As I already mentioned they are masters of manipulating noise live. It feels heavy and powerful yet also kinda trippy with just how all-encompassing the music sounds.

>implying the big booty bitchez don't fuck with LUNACY

fucking serious man? haha jesus

that blonde girl looks super familiar to me. huh

I remember watching that stream haha, she was fucking gone

Atlanta

How far back do they go with the setlist?

They do. Though you forgot to mention their booty ain't the only thing that's big...

Mostly newer stuff as that's what the roster is used to playing. Though occasionally they'll do an older track (like Coward.)

Oh shit lmao I'm trying to get off work for the ATL date

No.1 band that I want to see live.
Is there any info about the end of the band or changes in it?

Zach Hill and Adam Jones are joining the new Swans after this current tour ends. Chris, Christoph, and Norman are staying in Swans, to be joined by Zach and Adam.

To anyone who has seen Death Grips or GY!BE AND Swans: how does the volume compare?

>Swans likes to make the atmosphere unnerving
They don't really do this anymore, that was in the 80s.

That's even better.

in terms of loudness
Swans > GY!BE > Death Grips

I saw Swans and DG at the same venue which is notorious for having shit sound and yes the sound was awful at both shows. During Swans set the soundguy couldn't level everyone out properly and was causing a lot of excessive feedback, during DG same issue except everything but Andy was quiet as fuck.
GY!BE has the perfect level of volume. Still the best show I've ever been to.

who is this? lmao

Where was this info published?
Guess I'll be going to Berlin in October. It would be cool to see the last show but Berlin is the closest location to me and I have friends there.

despite not connecting with their albums much, I went to see Swans because other people said it was one of the most powerful performances they'd ever seen. in 2011 when I saw them it really was the best concert I'd seen up to that point. I've seen them 2 more times since then.

it's can get very loud, so bring earplugs - hopefully not those bright yellow squishy foam ones, but anything is better than nothing.

one thing people always say is how they play loud. they don't just present you with an unrelenting wall of sound for over 2 hours ('cause how boring would that be?) - there are quieter parts that make the moments when it suddenly swings in the direction of explosive sound even more dramatic. (to use an anaology Gira would appreciate - it's like people saying how grim and dark Cormac McCarthy's writing is, leaving out how much humour is in it too)

seconding this request - first I've heard this news

July 19th in Cincinnati here.

hmm, I saw Godspeed and Death Grips and the latter was unbearably loud so I used earplugs. Godspeed was pretty loud at their climaxes (still somewhat tolerable) but I didn't use earplugs in order to enjoy the drone sections. I suppose it varies by venue.

Wait, Adam Jones? From Tool?

yes and zach hill from death grips
totally legit by the way

Then answer my question.

yes adam jones is from tool

How do you know that?!??

gira is a rapist, for the record

There is no any info yet.

Your dad is a rapist.

>What am I in for?
michael is probably going to try to rape you so make sure you have an exit plan

Larkin spotted.

Just come prepared to stand for a while. Don't bring earplugs, it's not really that loud. It's also not painful as many describe. Stand up at the front. Don't be an annoying shit, just stand there and enjoy the music. If you feel like dancing, though, Gira isn't going to attack you, that's not the person he is anymore.

Basically, just listen to their most recent albums a lot before going and you'll be good.

>Don't be an annoying shit
Guess that annoying people in concerts isn't a rare experience in US?

If you often go to loud concerts, I would recommend you to get a proper earplugs for your health and better sound quality.