When the fuck is Hollywood going to allow renting movies currently in the cinema...

When the fuck is Hollywood going to allow renting movies currently in the cinema? They will get exactly the same amount of money, it's just shitty cinemas that miss out.

If I want to go see the black panther I can either share a cinema with loud hollering negros or I can wait a year for a torrent. Unacceptable in 2018.

It would kill the theatre business, wouldn't happen. Ask yourself why hasn't Uber killed cabs and you'll have the same answer.

Because it requires a smartphone and data. Not everyone has nor wants those.
Also unions.

>When the fuck is Hollywood going to allow renting movies currently in the cinema? They will get exactly the same amount of money,
Because
1) It would kill the cinema business
2) They wouldn't actually make the same amount of money, because plenty of people see films in the cinema and then later decide to rent it or buy it to see it again if they liked it.

ummm haven't they been doing that for the past decade?
doesn't it cost $30-40?

Also, as soon as they release it, people start ripping it and sharing it, so they would miss out on virtual all revenue.

Sup Forums

why would you want to watch shitty super hero movies. why the fuck is cinema so flooded with super hero movies anyway. that stuff is only fun if you're 13

go to better theaters
>The Alamo Drafthouse
people talking near you?
pick up a sign
server comes by
gets it
then tells the customers to STFU...this is your only warning

i love watching movies on a giant ass screen with giant ass speakers
beats my 50" Vizio.
bought MoviePass for $90 back on Black Friday.
paid for itself in just one month.
January and February was a shit show and I didn't even bother to watch a single movie.

That only works in areas with multiple options. Granted I live in a podunk town of 20k we only have one theatre and it fucking sucks, but its only other competition died off because it was even worse.

tbqh its most likely theaters. a lot of the old dogs still glamor at the idea of movie theaters and a lot of them have contracts and believe it or not they actually have a lot of control over the theaters themselves. there is a reason why theaters charge so much for their shitty food and its because like 80-90% of ticket prices go straight back to the media giants. no real incentive to kill off the theaters when they're really not taking a big portion of the pie away and people are still going off to cinemas to see new movies.

i also disagree with user's who argue they would make less due to ripping. the overwhelming majority of movie watchers are normies who thinking ripping a movie is literately tearing apart a movie. "pirates" have never been an issue for the media industry as they try to make it out to be. they just want a boogyman to create a crisis to take advantage of.

I wish I could do this I hate the bloody cinema.

>love watching movies on a giant ass screen with giant ass speakers
The size of the screen doesn't matter, what matters is how much of your fov it takes up. My 43" 4k screen provides better quality than any cinema around here, in both colors, resolution, stuttering and FoV (unless you sit at the front, in which case rip neck).

Granted, cinema level audio at home is a bit more complicated and expensive.

no they dont, just like people could pirate all the games, but yet somehow single player only games, still sells millions.

Why do you think Netflix continue to make there crappy tv-series and films and release them in bulks? They make profit on them, yet people could torrent all of them..

How much do they pay you?

Anyway, income from movies is 80-90% from box office IIRC, which is the real reason why cinemas still exist.

thats because anyone who wanted to see a movie already saw at cinema? Do you ever see an ad saying "new cape movie on amazon, see it now"?

If they start releasing movies on digital streaming networks and market it so, thats were the profit would come in from

i like sitting up close to the screen.
I'd take an 8k projector on a 50ft screen over a 4k 43" TV with non-calibrated colors.
I live in Austin, Tx.
The Alamo Drafthouse takes their shit seriously.
nice bright screen.
warnings everywhere about not talking or phone use.
If you get their after the movie has begun playing, you're late and can't get in.

>thats because anyone who wanted to see a movie already saw at cinema?
So you never see a movie twice, eh?

>If they start releasing movies on digital streaming networks and market it so, thats were the profit would come in from
Netflix is trying this with series and with movies, and everyone on the internet is saying that they refuse to pay for a subscription to see a single movie / series.

the people who goes to see a movie twice is minority of minority

Who goes to the cinema to see it twice, yes. Who buys or rents a film 10 years after they saw it on cinema, because they remembered that it was good, I think that's a larger number of people than you believe.

they would only make money if they charged you for every streaming rental...or pay $40+/month for a Netflix style service.

It's not like movie companies care where you watch your movies.
They care that they get paid.
are you willing to pay ticket price and per person to watch a movie at your house?
no.
which is why movie companies don't do it.
B-B-B-BUT NETFLIX DOES IT
yeah and how much money do those movies make?
nobody knows because it's a private company that refuses to show numbers.
How many people watch Orange Is The New Black?
nobody knows except for Netflix.
how profitable is it?
nobody knows.

lol you fucking backward retard, nobody is telling them to stop doing theathrical releases, quite the opposite, what people are telling is do digital release as well at the same time

there are plently of people who cant, wont, dont enjoy, etc, etc, multitude of reasons to go to cinema, these are the same people who will download camrip, why do you think they do that? thats because there is no service for them, what are they left with is shitty quality camrips, these would be the group that would shell out those 10$ bucks for the movie digitally.

I could go on on about your every point, but i wont bother.

>are you willing to pay ticket price and per person to watch a movie at your house?
>no.

This doesn't seem unreasonable. I usually pay gold class to avoid the plebs (around $40 a ticket), so paying around $15 (average ticket price here) for a movie I can pause and rewind seems like a good deal