Anyone do anything to keep thier PC safe from thieves...

Anyone do anything to keep thier PC safe from thieves? Either make it look like a piece of shit despite $3000 of parts inside or have bolted it to thier desk?

I'm going the p.o.s. Route. Have crap monitors and USB wired keyboard and mouse. Hoping they'd take the monitors if anything.

Don't keep it on your front porch?

I have renters insurance. It covers burglary up to $10,000. $9/month seems worth the investment fambly

This .. or move out of the hood?
But that being said, sleeper builds are sexy as fuck in my opinion.

Making it look like a piece of shit seems to be your only option. Get a used case, buy some really old computer with lots of stickers that say Windows 98 or something at a flee-market or similar and build with that.

I'd hate to have to use crap monitor, though. But it sounds like you're in some high-risk situation where that would be stolen anyway.

Just help OP out, who knows the situation. Mine now is that I don't have to worry, I'm in on the upper floors in a very secure building with a security door. But I couldn't risk having anything of value back when I was a student. Physical security isn't a real alternative if you're in a dorm or something like that.

Steel cable it to a radiator or something. Also don't leave it visible through windows.

Stop living next to Tyrone

>Either make it look like a piece of shit despite $3000 of parts inside
I did this in college
It was a nice x58 build, but I tossed it in the most generic-ass beige case I could find.

Make it look like a piece of shit and put a lead brick inside. Should stop most dindus.

>X58
>double channel memory
Which board was this user?

>Anyone do anything to keep thier PC safe from thieves?
I live in a neighborhood with no gypsies or niggers.

never mind, I'm retarded. Just seen the two empty sockets.

You know 10k sounds like it would cover everything until you read the fine print and it's a maximum of $1500 on computer equipment and $2000 maximum on jewellery and $5000 to cover property damage. So you get $1500 on $5000 of stolen computer gear and entertainment shit

Slap an ADT sticker on your case.

I do need to update my policy now that you mention looking at the fine print. I'll see if I can have one of their reps spell it out for me so I don't need to traverse the legalese. I also want to make sure my firearms are properly covered as well.

is this how people live in usa? always afraid of thieves?

Yes, they're only 52% white now and at least 20% of that white is spic.

i see. this thread made me very confused, but maybe this is a big problem in africa

if you have a good case take off the feet and bolt it to the floor or desk or whatever the fuck you have it placed upon.

If u wanted to cover a $3000 laptop and $2000 desktop and some guns etc the fucking premium sky rockets. It's bullshit. Prob cheaper to get 10 policies from 10 different companies. "Monitored" alarm etc is all they ask for here, they don't give a fuck if u have CCTV and keep your computer shit in a gigantic 20 gun safe like I do. Literally an alarm is what they go off

What I was getting at btw is cctv is ten fold a bigger deterrent than an alarm

What's so confusing? Less whites = more crime.

Glad I don't live in a 3rd world shithole. Not only is my $13/month insurance for nothing but pure peace of mind, it covers absolutely everything I own up to their original purchase values.

if im being honest with you. no one will rob your computer no matter how nice it looks. thieves will only look for tablets, big screen tvs, macs and mac accessories.

t. used to live in the hood and was robbed

What if I have none of those? Surely they'll go for it by process of elimination

I imagine if they have time they will grab it but if its quick they're only going to make one run and take what will fit on their person. Phones, tablets, wallets, jewelry, guns, stuff like that. Maybe a TV if its not too large. Tbh my computer is in an Fractal Design R5 and is pretty heavy, so it wouldn't be good for a quick smash and grab.

I just don't clean up, smoke indoors with piss bottles everywhere, so thieves are disgusted and leave.

A theif would probably take one look at my apartment just leave

underrated

Not unless you live in a shit area

Every time I see porch pirates on TV they are white. Often female or a Man Woman white couple.