Now that the dust has settled, was the S9 a disappointment?

Now that the dust has settled, was the S9 a disappointment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8GdA4z9G4Qg
news.samsung.com/us/samsung-galaxy-s9-enterprise-fact-sheet/
anandtech.com/show/12478/exynos-9810-handson-awkward-first-results
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it literally hasn't gone on sale yet, are you retarded

didn't you see the commercial, it's not for plebs like you, it's for serious business people

That looks like a background an iPhone would use. Doesn't the se have a similar one?

Modern smartphone are disappointment

The only 'real' improvement is the fingerprint sensor placement that was fucked in the s8.

>dust has settled
isn't the official unveil in 1 hour?

The Phone. Regurgitated.

>screen unlocks and fully lights up
>completely bezel-less
>except for a notch

How the fuck is it reimagined? It's 95% the same phone as the s8. The only differences are the fingerprint sensor location and the processor.

our mobile software crapped out on those things because in certain configurations it would arbitraly resize user screen size when opening a keyboard and the interface was falling apart everytime someone tried to type in something

it will force a price drop for the s8. Looks like I'm finally buying.

why would it force a price drop
the s9 costs more than s8 by default

Looks like there's no camera bump at all.

>pay more for the enterprise edition to get atleast 4 years of updates
The current state of samfags.

Chink company copies successful company. What a surprise

Press conference

youtube.com/watch?v=8GdA4z9G4Qg

But dust has settled, yes no sir?

This, it seems to revolve around updated knox security so government will probably get these as well.

It's pretty much a 5% improvement over the S8 for the rest of us.

>Chink company

>South Korea and Vietnam are "Chink"
>iFoxconn-Apple isn't "Chink"

The Camera Hardware isn't even that impressively new. Probably some bloated Software incoming.

South Korea, Vietnam, China... What's the difference?

"Chink" means Chinese.

It's like calling Canadians wetbacks.

WTF ITS A GAME CHANGER

>we send photos, gifs, emojis
Seriously, can we just end the internet.

this, anyone else having trouble loading this link?

news.samsung.com/us/samsung-galaxy-s9-enterprise-fact-sheet/

Nobody cares

>as always, there is no notch

hilarious.
Shame nobody in the audience got the reference.

I'm done with Android. They spy on you and sell your information.
So does IOS.
Both grant excessive permission to their apps so they can do the same.

I bought a blackberry passport and I must say, much better. BB10 > any IOS or android device.
Suddenly, targeted advertisements are gone.
I don't see any reason to upgrade unless blackberry comes out with another QNX based OS device.

Hi fruity frootlooos timmy.

Are there really a lot of people who care about the camera in their smartphone?

Who cares? If you bought a phone in the last 6 years, there is literally no reason to get a newer one.

Sold phones for three years, it's the only thing people care about.

I don't use the camera on my phone so I don't really care about upgrading yearly, I'm still using my moto x from 2015 and if works great with Lineage os.

Same here, I work in wireless sales, it's a HUGE selling point. Turns out people with actual lives and friends that don't hang out in a dark basement all day care a lot about the quality if images they can take with their phone, who knew.

I ain't got no reason to upgrade from my S8

I unironicly like the purple phone no homo.

Then Tell me why the Lumia 1020 wasn't sold like hotcakes

Cause nobody knows that it exists or cares that it does stop dickriding your budget phone for fucks sake

>stop riding your budget phone for ducks sake
I never said I own own stop being a bitch and generalize phone buyers

How are the performance specs compared to the s8?

Like the processor, ram, etc.?

This. Really wish BB10 had more apps or I'd still be using my z10

You were shilling it hard someone could assume you owned it. If I asked a random person on the street would they know what your lumina is?

literally a s8 with a slightly better camera and new, faster processor that doesn't matter

So, for some reason you can get the s9 in the samsung store for 719$ ... and the s8 for 724$.

Considering the original Pixel still wipes the floor with the S8 and N8 when it comes to the camera, there is very little chance that the S9 will beat the Pixel 2. Google's camera algorithm is way ahead of the competition currently.

AT LEAST IT HAS A HEADPHONE JACK

>Lumina
It's Lumia, actually some did even if they just remembered them being colorful and plastic phones
However the thing is if they are people who were selling phones and if the top priority for their customers are the camera I do wonder why the 1020 wasn't successful. At the time it launched Windows Phone did have a decent market share.
That's all I'm saying

Based

If you trade in a S8/S8 or iPhone 8/8+/X you can get the S9 for about $369.99 and I don't know if Unidays discount would work on this but if it does that's even better.

especially since how fast the s9 came out after the s8

found the virgin

it was before the current camera arms race (thank social media) and it wasn't widely marketed

>original Pixel still wipes the floor with the S8
wrong

S8 released April 21 2017.

I got the final info around a week ago, was so excited I bought a Note 8 to celebrate

Seriously, it's 250$ more for a camera and Knox upgrade

Wew lad

S8 was delayed a month because Samsung did more battery testing with the S8 after what happened with the Note 7.

Still going to keep using my Pixel XL.

Modern smartphones are such tiny upgrades that if you are upgrading more than every three years you are literally RETARDED.

Yes. It was supposed to be March .

anything designed by pingpongs is disappointing.

It's trash.

Sent from my iPhone.

What are the changes from s8? Too lazy to watch an ad for a phone I won't buy.

>muh business and security
>No camera-less option
lel

Upgraded chipset, camera, dual speakers and 6GB RAM on the S9+. Not worth it if you already have an S7 or S8.

People THINK they care about the camera.

But if they really cared they would buy a proper camera instead.
Even the best phone camera is utter shit by comparison.
Even with that f/1.5 lens it will still suck donkey dick in low light.

all digital cameras suck dick in low light, you can take decent shots with long exposure on anything

Not bad. At least they didn't start removing features.

>why the Lumia 1020 wasn't sold like hotcakes

Because:
> Nokia
> Windows Phone
> Fucking Nokia

Samsung somewhat learned their lesson from the S6, still no removable battery though.

Sure it will never look as good as in bright light.

But with a proper camera at least you can have usable pictures from indoor events.
Long exposure isn't an option when you're photographing people.

And with a proper camera also comes the option of attaching a proper flash.

Tell that to my full frame nikon

only thing that's better is the camera and processor.

no one has that. get with the times granpda and buy a Samsung QuickCharge™ 4.0 520 mAh Power Bank

yea people with friends

The S9 now takes the best dark basement photos than ever before

Its incredibly meh and 100% skip-worthy just like the S6 was.

>mfw i saw it still has a headphone jack
How many years have Applefags been BTFOed now predicting that Smasung would follow?

It's a samshit, until they ditch TouchJizz for stock Android (which will never happen) it's always going to be a disappointment.

Been sitting on an S6 and I'm gonna give it to my mom soon. Should I get an S9 or save some shekels and just get an S8?

Nice try wetback

It's just the Same Shit in a New Wrapping. That's all I have to say about the S9.

Absolutely. I do. And just about everyone else does too. Both picture quality and video quality matter.

I know I care about the camera and I know why and you're just not thinking. You're outside, you're having fun and suddenly you want to take a picture of some moment. You or one of your friends typically has a phone so you grab that and take some pictures and later it matters if those look alright or not. You don't drive home and grab that huge DSL camera and a few lenses and drive back and take pictures. Seriously, get out more.

A "proper camera" really is better than a cellphone camera but it does not matter because you're not carrying it around with you most of the time if ever.

They want to be able to post them online straight away you sperg.

can I text on my canon?

Depends on how much you're willing to spend. S8 should drop down to around $500 with the S9 starting at $725. Personally, I'm going to go with the S9 since I was willing to spend around $700 on my next phone anyways.

What boggles the mind is that Samsung touted their horn on how they have better IPC than every ARM core out there except Apple and people were expecting better than Snapdragon 845 performance then this happened.

anandtech.com/show/12478/exynos-9810-handson-awkward-first-results

Yeah, I dunno. Other than Project Treble and some minor hardware updates, I'm not sure if it's the best decision to buy.

Going to wait for Librem 5.

As an Applefag would say, wait for driver updates.

>what is nova

The launcher isn't my only problem with TouchJizz.

You bypass it with Nova what is the problem here

L A G
A
G

And you bypass that? Are you fucking baiting here?

Dad wants a new phone and said he would buy my s8 off of me, so might as well nab the s9

What? I was stating that lag is my main issue with samdung's software. Nothing to do with Nova.

If you don't like it then don't use it. Samsung isn't assfucking you with it like apple does.

Exactly, which is why I've stuck with Nexus/Pixel since the Nexus 5. I had an S3 and an S4 which sucked major dick and haven't looked back. I've played with a few friends' samshits since the S4 and they haven't changed.

Nexus is discontinued and pixel is garbage. So much so that Best buy is already doing the pixel 2 for $400 off.

You're entitled to that opinion, but I'm happy with my pixel 2 xl and I don't exactly have many other options for stock Android without going to any literally who Asian market budget phones.