vocaroo.com/i/s0PEoIHUwgeP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that the alt cover for Wind's Poem?

sorry, did you guys mean to post this?

Nigga are you srs

this
Winds Poem is the GOAT

this

Its either No Flashlight or Wind's Poem.

No Flashlight is more consistent and is super comfy. Winds Poem is more "powerful".

This

lost wisdom is the only good album he's ever made

probably one of the most depressing albums ever imo but yeah contender for eerie ' s best

No flashlight is really comfy I also love Clear Moon, its comfy in a sad way

bait

Mount Eerie is his best and many others are great

i agree user. i think it's my most played album of all time desu

this one is my favorite

though i only listened to wind's poem and ocean roar

I went to a local record store today and the used section was full of like every out of print mount Eerie record, more than I've ever seen. Made it out with first press no flashlight LP+CD, live in Copenhagen, and the drums from no flashlight.

Favorite mount Eerie album is probably sauna or lost wisdom

>Live version of Don't Smoke
>Phil gets told to shut up
>Everyone laughs at the lyric "Is it because a part of you wants to be dead"

Pretty angry desu

Julie Doiron is great

No, she isn't

yeah huh

can someone post the video of phil throwing himself on the drums? i don't remember the song

That's a pretty funny lyric desu, what live performance is this?

This is the best Mount Eerie album

What do you mean throwing himself on the drums? Like he dove on top of them? I only have a video of Phil doing karaoke of a Lil Wayne song

yeah, he's playing Blue light on the floor i think, and there's like 3 drummers and he says "come out come out and seeee" and he just throws himself at the drums

I really want to see that

youtube.com/watch?v=aTQ8o-Mrp_Q

>Tfw phil will never play a steel drum version of cold mountain in your house

youtube.com/watch?v=lKl--ae9azM

shit i know what you mean, i cant' remember either though

This is the best Microphones album

>That live version of Moon Sequel that sounds like Phil is crying
>Mfw

link
thats my fav phil song

myspace.com/elverumandsun
>those moans of pain

i love you bro

My heart wasn't ready for it. Is the footage of him actually crying just a rumor?

imagine all the sad lonely nights he had in norway
i can understand why he wanted to live there for a while, i sort of want too as well, but isolation gets lonesome very fast. dawn really reflects that, which is why it's probably my favourite phil album

I think mine is either ME or Glow pt 2. I don't have Dawn but I would love to see the stuff he wrote while he was there. This was before he met o paon, right?

this like isn't loading for me. anybody got another link?

yeah, the winter before mount eerie was released

Really OP? Weird choice. Good songs and all, but Phil really shines when he incorporates a slew of sounds and instruments, the whole stripped down Phil thing was never my favorite.

I'd go as far to say that I like almost every single other Mount Eerie album more than Lost Wisdom.

Sorry, user.

What's everyone's favorite Phil song?

There are so many good songs he's made. It's really incredible how long he's been continuously pumping out high quality music. My favorite songs from him are The Pull, I Want Wind to Blow, The Glow Pt. 2, The Moon, Map, I Want to Be Cold, You'll Be in the Air, Through the Trees Pt. 1, Solar System or Universe (the closing track) (Or the entirety of the mount eerie album, all of it just blends together so well), Appetite, Uh Oh, it's Morningtime Again, I Can't Believe you Actually Died, and Where Lies My Tarp. I listen to the entirety of his Albums under the name Mount Eerie sometimes and it all just melds into one thing in my memory so a lot of those songs don't stand out to me as much, but still when I listen closely it's really great. I still think that he hasn't had anything as good as The Glow Pt. 2 or Mount Eerie though, even though I like almost all of his music. He's truly incredible.

20/10 taste, user. Do you enjoy his early stuff as much? I think Bass Drum Dream is great

Honestly I've only listened to bits and pieces from Don't Wake Me Up and Tests so I don't know much about his early stuff. I'm still working my way through his discography. I've never listened to Song Islands but I just listened to Bass Drum Dream and you're right it's really great. The very beginning reminds me of the Elvis Presley songs my mom listens to in a good way. Thanks for the recommendation.

so I just recently found this cover of The Pull that I did a long ass time ago on my computer if anyone is interested

vocaroo.com/i/s0PEoIHUwgeP

nailed the guitar

yeah

I wonder if he still has the cloud suit. I'm glad you liked it, have you seen wise old little boy?

>tfw I want to sing to a qt I know from Washington
Not bad, user

>implying Mount Eerie isn't his true masterpiece

The group vocals in that album tower above anything else he's done

beatiful

Holy shit dude, that's super impressive

I don't even know how to answer with that, I just love so many things by him

I should make Philthreads again

Do you think anyone is out there?

Just started listening to this one the other day. Might be my favorite.

Mount Eerie, it's technically a single five-part piece

Yeah it's a great video.

>that part where Phil runs in a field with the glow pt 2 playing

It makes me want to go back to a simpler time

that is the best mount eerie album

Mount Eerie >>>> The Glow Pt. 2 > No Flashlight > Dawn >>> Winds Poem > It Was Hot > Lost Wisdom >>> Clear Moon > Sauna > Don't Wake Me Up > Ocean Roar

does someone have the mega link to wise old little boy? i want to re-watch it

It's on yt

ah, thank you

No problem, user