How come Sup Forums doesn't like Kendrick Lamar?

How come Sup Forums doesn't like Kendrick Lamar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e5Ri76UodWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kendrick's music isn't about the music, it's about the "message" and that's not what I listen to music for.

Nice post, I'm in highschool what about you?

But he's also a talented rapper.

Also his music wasn't annoyingly preachy until TPAB. Sure he's always had a message but Section 80 and GKMC are way less in your face.

To Pimp a Butterfly was literally cocksucked ad nauseam for almost a year, are you a newfag? Feel free to admit it

Nah I've always got that feeling of "I GOTTA CHANGE THE WORLD" in his music
Kanye never did that not even with Yeezus, he complemented his message with music that often took the forefront

>But he's also a talented rapper.

Kanye's vibe his entire career was he wanted himself to be great and that feeling peaked with Yeezus. Kendrick has wanted everyone else to be great.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

>he isn't about the music
seriously I don't think TPAB is that great, but thundercat's work on it is so good. it's one of the most "musical" rap albums I've heard. did you even listen to any of it but the singles?

"wanting to be great" isn't "YO LISTEN TO THIS STUFF GUYS ITS IMPORTANT"

Kanye made great music. Kendrick made inspiring lyrics

I've listened to the album countless times
I bought the album
I like the album
I just don't like it more than other rap albums because there's never a moment in it that I feel the music really has a moment, that the music is the focus. it's about what he'll say next and the narrative. to me, that's boring. that's dull.

that's agreeable, well stated opinion user

they're white

>listen to rap music
>complain about the narrative and the "next line" being boring

You sound like you're contrarian but you don't want to admit it, or maybe you just don't like Kendrick but you can't actually explain why from a musical point of view.

The production and music is very much at the forefront of his music, the biggest thing about tpab was that it was jazzier than anything else in hip hop right now.

His voice sounds mad african or some shit it's fucking weird. I also think how he twiddles his fingers when he freestyles is mad sus. That song where he's crying and shit is gay as fuck too

Lyrics aren't music no matter how you try to angle that
>The production and music is very much at the forefront of his music
Give a spot on TPAB

Even if you don't listen to the music for "the message", his beats are usually good, and he has a good flow. You're comment is likely based off of TPAB only.

>mad African
>Sus

This website is for people aged 18 and older. Please leave.

Read

I just geuniely don't see what the big deal is. When I listen to TPAB, I hear a lot of sounds going on, practically a production overload, and yet none of it really adds up for me, just sounds like a bunch of rhythms smashed together, and Kendrick's annoying, nasally voice is obnoxious.

The idea that a song like "Alright" could be considered the best song of its year, is just mind boggling to me. There is nothing interesting about the track whatsoever.

TPAB was awful

youtube.com/watch?v=e5Ri76UodWM

can someone explain how a track like this could be considered good?

he's an awful vocalist. it's all just a bunch of wankery over a beat. Where is the talent? Shitty rapping, shitty half-singing, and people eat it up and call him the best rapper of our generation. Just how?

This is the most retarded comment on the whole thread. Do you not understand the point of this song?

kendrick is okay. but no SO that great

If anything he's one of the only artists that still makes the music a vital portion of his songs while still incorporating his message. Unlike fucking memelmore who just tosses some shit like White Privilege out there because he's a cuck

Yeah pretty much. He can convey a message and make a decent song while doing it. You don't have to listen to Kendrick just for the message, but you can find something deeper when listening to it.

It took me three or four listens to make it through TPAB. I can see why it's so beloved, because it's better than most hip-hop by a mile, but it's also still mostly the same shit. Words over music. Processing over quality. Reference over substance. More sounds and length instead of focusing on the actual message and product. And so far up its own ass that it's up it's own ass about being up its own ass, yet never attempts to get out of its own ass because its entire being is ass.

Holy shit this dudes flow sounds like a fuckin retard sounds like he smokes dust or some shit
Ha youre my son

for fucks sake read

Back to r/hiphopheads with your trash ass vocab and grammar.

Ha u mad you fuckin kendrick stan. This dick aint freeeee

Great you have an opinion, and a bad one at that.

>No mom, I just listen to the beat

butthurt that Fantano gave TPAB 10 and TPTB a 9

no im not white

Great argument.
Who are you quoting?

This.

He's also fucking shit live.

Because he's a pretentious faux-artsy twat and him being a black or a rapper doesn't change that, in fact it makes it worse and those two things mix like bleach and ammonia.

His music is weird and stylized and people assume that it must be weird and stylized with a purpose and that you'll figure out what it's going for if you listen to it enough.

You can only distract from the fact that your writing is bad, the music isn't catchy, your voice is annoying, your production is weird and shitty and you're dumb as bricks for so long though. I think it's beginning to sink in that his music is pretentious bs for freshman year art liberal art students.

The reality is that rap music sucks so bad that anything resembling good is heralded as a masterpiece. It's got a ways to progress as an art form.

I sound autistic writing this but this guy seriously sucks so hard and I hate what he's doing to music.

I feel like people don't realize that Hip Hop is basically black folk music, and then expect it to be super complex

White folk music that's not some primitivist bullshit is never complex

(and yeah I know spirituals are a closer corollary with folk music but spirituals aren't being made anymore)

Bob Dylan?

That's crap anyway and you know it is, a tiny minority of rap music bears any relevancy to africanism

Rap music occasionally (read: once in a blue moon) can be okay, but Kendrick really epitomizes everything wrong with the genre. He can't write a song for shit, he can't sing, he can't rap, any true meaning to be found in his "music" could have been written by a fucking eight year old, and to top it all off, he's done absolutely nothing original. He should not be praised. He has absolutely zero stage presence. The most overrated piece of shit of the last few years. If you like him, you're more likely than not a fucking middle class white person with a bachelor of arts. Fucking atrocious.

If you havent had sex with at least 10 girls by age 20, you are revoked of your man card.

Folk music can be complex, this is silly. Have you heard Celtic folk? The instrumentation can be as complex as it comes, while some of it is basic.

I still think GKMC is amazing. Collect Calls should've been on the album proper.

Youre trying wayyyy to hard

Probably some beta that listens to metal

because Sup Forums if full of a bunch of overly opinionated fucktards who cant let other people like other music.

Oh boy all the people talking about how he's message/political heavy because of
O N E A L B U M
N
E
Out of 3 plus a mixtape(s) that have had nothing to do with politics. One album doesn't paint the rapper as an end all be all

havent you listened to TPAB? its much more musically complex than most hiphop albums

Because he's popular.

>people compare kendrick and kanye
>eminem is both of them

Collect Calls is underrated as fuck.

My main issue with him is that his beats just sound speeded up, leaving no space for the MC. The beats should be made at the fast tempo they sound.

The grooves in the rhythms do however allow some unusual flows that you wouldn't normally associate with a rapper, but more with a RAGGA MC.

well memed

I think he just sucks at rapping. His voice sucks, flow sucks. I think he could fart over a beat and people would call it good

most retarded thing I will ever hear

He's just plain shit.

People might think this sounds absurd but....When I listen to his music, it sounds like it is music made for 5 year old kids. For some reason Kendrick loves to make all these silly voices and inflections when he raps and make all these different sounds. I understand his songs often have some kind of point or message, but it doesn't change the fact that it sounds ridiculous and self-indulgent.

That there's some nice Double Trips of Truth.

Sup Forums doesn't know shit about hip hop because it's full of nerds for the most part so just ignore all the bullshit OP

I'm not an underage drunk white girl

They do, they always have

"I'm a proud monkey"
"the gument give us drugs, guns, call us thugs"
"my nose is round and wide"
"we hate po-po, when they kill us dead in the street"

I used to like GKMC Kendrick. It had some songs I still bump to this day. TPAB Kendrick is as lyrically and melodically impressive, but the message is nauseating. We live in full-on PC culture where all racism is closeted and yet black people still demand some sort of systemic advantage. The problem is a good chunk of the black population is poor and therefore uneducated, and no government program can fix stupid. Black people actually thrive in white environments with rich neighbors and good schools, but few of them are that fortunate.

hiphop isn't music

GROUND CONTROL TO UNCLE TOM
CHECK IGNITION AND MAY WHITE KEKS BE WITH YOU

look at these faggots, kek

>WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SOMEONE DUZZENT LIKE MY "SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS" TRY HARD MEME RAP ON MY BOAAAARD WHAT A STUPID FEGGITT

He's shit. Get over it.

the current trend, get real famous then make a dive for an "artsy" album, people think its gospel genius.
Both pablo and TPAB sucked.