What printer does Sup Forums use?

What printer does Sup Forums use?

hp deskjet 2620
its probably shit but it was very cheap and works great under loonix so cant complain

>2018
>printers

One of the laserjets at work. Why buy my own.....

Decade old Samsung ML1640, keeps on truckin.

Only had to buy a toner cartridge just last year and it just werks

The cheapest and most readily available one, because print is dead.

A cheap $30 printer from a random store

ML-1660 here.
Also continuing to truck along, connected to a linux box and shared out.
Genuine toner is expensive, but the $16 generic toner has always worked fine.

Should I buy off-brand printer ink?

If I buy the Canon MX882 ink from target, walmart, online, it's $60 for everything. Holy shit that shits expensive.
I went to Amazon and it was only like $13.

Some HP All in one office tier printer I got for $350. I needed something to print 30+ copies of my capstone project. Had to hand one out to each of my professors and senior student body to graduate.

The thing is rotting in my basement currently. I never fucking use it.

HP Photosmart C3140 all in one from 2006. Still works fine and HP still makes ink for it so...

brother dcp 1510

a too_fucking_hard_to_die printer that has gone through 7 years of continous use.

How hard is it to make your own printer software?

Whatever is on sale at Walmart

Unless you're a professional photographer you should throw your inkjet garbage in the trash and buy laser. Most people nowadays print very infrequently and if you let an inkjet print set around for a few weeks without printing the liquid ink is going to dry inside the nozzle and fuck it up. Laser doesn't have this problem because toner is solid, and is less expensive per page printed than inkjets.

Office printer, ofc

Firmware is a bit tricky, but if you dig out the chips and their speck sheets, it's not that difficult.
Software is piss easy once you make your own firmware.

Epson ecotank 2750

Epson Ecotank l210, I am not a NEET and must print sometimes.

HP Envy 4520
One of the worst purchases I've ever made in my life.

Office jet pro 8710

The fucking ink is 100$

Unironically this. If you still need a printer in this day and age you need to seriously re-evaluate your life and life decisions.

How do you print rma waybills?
Return shipping to anazon?

I broke mine since I'm a fucking retard....

I forced a cartridge out since I forgot the printer had a mechanism for ejecting it. It was analogous to tearing a disk from a powered down cd player. feelsbadman

fuck off NEETs

seriously, if you dont have a printer in your home, you most likely have no job

Brother MFC but you gotta hack the ink cartridges or it won't print when the ink reaches 50% capacity

Samsung SCX-4200. Good laser printer for making PCBs and stealing PCB designs.

It can print on PCB directly (if it is thin, like 0.5 mm)

The copy center at the corner

>pays $100 for inkjet printer
>calls it cheap

>doesn't spend that $100 on laser printer
>calls laser printer expensive

What a retard.

Got it from Newegg for like $120 a few years ago.

Weighs a ton and is not small, but is so, so, so reliable. Probably put a noticeable area of Siberia's forests through this thing and still going strong.

Feeder and scanner works tight. The remote scan is a little fussy at times and I wish I could print 11x17 with it, but its honestly the best printer I've ever owned and I"ve owned a lot.

Some old piece of shit my fiancee's grandma gave me. Doesn't have many interesting features, but it prints shit when I tell it to. The majority of my printing is done at school anyway

All legitimate shops provide you with a label. If this is an issue you should re-evaluate where you purchase items from.

If your job requires a printer you are working in an Industry that will be gone in 10 years. Better print off updated copies of that resume while you can.

>>pays $100 for inkjet printer
>>calls it cheap
Maybe the ink is cheap. My $35 Canon is expensive to run.

Library's printer duh

Basic bitch Brother HL2270DW. Wish it had a scanner. Usually just use the scanner at work.

Brother has really surprisingly good Linux support.

Creality cr-10s

I print at the library for free ;-)

these also use toners that wont assrape your wallet

>What is etching your own PCB

any recommendations for an A3 laser printer with good linux support?

HP Photosmart B210 not by choice though. It's a friend of mines that I was supposed to sell. Well it never happened.

>If your job requires a printer you are working in an Industry that will be gone in 10 years
what do you suggest as an alternative to printed technical drawings in machine shops? tiny-screened tablets that'll get dropped and broken in a day?

>with good linux support?
None of them, because printing is not done by the kernel.

is there a program like vuescan but for printers? my printer isn't compatible with windows 10.

man they sell printer ink on aliexpress for like 10€ and you won't have to buy toners for years.