What would you guys do if you went deaf?

What would you guys do if you went deaf?

Suicide, of course

if it happened at the age I'm at
would kms

if at old age
just deal with it

Suicide, of course

scream

like all day nonstop

100% commit a certain crime and kill myself

might as well just live with it, i will die eventually regardless of whether or not i can hear

Nothing. Maybe learn sign language, look up some cool gadgets useful for deaf people.
Music is not necessary for living.

I would give it a shot for a couple months bc I love my family and friends, but I'm guessing I'd end up killing myself

It wouldn't feel like real life anymore, I'd just be incredibly sad all day

as corny as it sounds, music is the only thing keeping me alive at this point.

I have a moderate hearing loss. I wear hearing aids and I still enjoy music - even play cello and guitar. It's not the end of the world.

Move back in with my mom if for no other reason to just escape the noise pollution which I would still be subjected to from people's bass.

i would learn sign language

true especially these days or the very near future they can just plug shit directly into your brain.

My grandfather was a champion equestrian and feel off a horse paralyzing him. All he did was horseback riding and had no other skills or interests. He shot himself 10 days after he found he would never walk again.

Yeah man seriously man this man I just plug that iPod shit right into my head man and listen to queens of the stone age all day man

LOL

Masturbate till I'm blind and kill myself.

k

damn...

Read books. Watch silent films. Kill myself.

form a sunn o))) tribute band

We're in the future, retards

k

>what are subtitles

you can't read if your deaf retard.

fall deeper into depression

use it as an opportunity to get into literature.

what

It would fuck up my mental state and I would end up in a mental institution. Music is literally the only thing I care about in life. Yeah I have other hobbies and interests but it wouldn't exactly suck to lose them. Music on the other hand, I'm pretty sure it would drive me insane.

make some phone calls

devote my every waking moment to getting pussy and money

yeah I see people do this on the bus all the time. They even have shit they just hook it onto the seat in front of them or whatever. Really good time to be deaf.

um...

what

i'd probably be very depressed but at least i can say i love noise music and my favourite artist is my own tinnitus he he he

i wouldn't kill myself or anything but i'd be sad for sure. But i'd go insane if i lost my eyesight

kek

post of the year

Move into film. Art doesn't stop just because the ears die my blossoms

Its been meemed to death in this thread but going deaf would most likely be the factor of me finally killing myself.

What?

wait, this user might not be entirely wrong on this one...

whenever you're reading anything, be it a book or something on the computer, you have that little voice inside your head that reads everything for you right? everyone has this. if you were deaf, how would you be able to hear that voice? and it would it ultimately affect your reading experience all that much? or is it just a mental thing and you can hear it regardless? i can kinda see where he may be coming from on this.

this desu

are you memeing me, my mate?

you tried, but you failed. Don't post again.

wtf

It's purely mental, I imagine you would retain that mental voice if you went deaf. Though I wonder if it would fade over time.

yeah, i mean, that's what i'm wondering here, too. i'm glad you see where i'm coming here from with this. i was wondering if it was purely mental, but i was just so fascinated on whether or not being deaf would actually affect your reading ability. i find this very interesting.

Holy shit how many underage depressed plebs in this thread. The only real answer is be another pic related.

be depressed for a while and then eventually pick up reading to replace music

can somebody explain this to me
I'm deaf and can't read it

still kms

I often wonder what happens in the brains of people who've been deaf from birth when they read. Do they just see the word, or do they form a visual association with what it describes? Visualise signs, maybe? Any completely deaf people want to chime in?

Once I realized that hearing loss is a legitimate danger when you use headphones several hours a day I started listening to music on much lower volume

I'm terrified that one day I will listen to a track like Moonchild with a lot of dynamics, and not be able to hear any of the subtle sounds in the mix

>le music is the only think i live for!
you guys sound like edgy 14 year old faggots who were born in the wrong generation.

>Any completely deaf people want to chime in?
>on a music anime board

>lose eye sight

ah fuck, I forget where I am often.

I know. I'm very curious about this, too. I wonder the same shit.

That's the spirit.

hahahaahah

I sure hope my tinnitus does not progress further

I'd fucking kill myself. Not only can I not listen to music anymore, I also won't be able to hear the voices of my loved ones ever again, and I'm still pretty young.

>Brian Wilson
>Stockhausen
>Kevin Shields

all of my musical Mount Rushmore except for Aphex Twin were hearing impaired in the primes of their careers.

Failing music, a good girl is the only thing that could keep me on the planet. So yeah I'd kms too.

My left ear is a piece of crap and I already listen to music in mono. My right ear isn't 100%, if I lose it I'll probably just watch my favorite movies with the subtitles if it won't make me too sad.

Kill myself

lad

this desu.

post of the month

Honestly, I'd kill myself. Same thing as if I went blind.

yeah but he was a music genius before he went deaf and we are all retarded

oh jesus

I just don't know how I could deal with it. So much of my time is spent listening to music, playing instruments, etc.

Shift all my attention to books and visual art. Probably delve more into painting and the tactile aspects of it.

Pretty sure blind people develop a strong appreciation for sound and its aesthetics. Seems reasonable to go in the opposite direction.

What do these do?

Basically uses vibration through your skull to get sound to you
Not as scary as they sound

>tfw I'm almost deaf on one of my ears since last summer
>tfw I also have a super loud tinnitus
>tfw my doc told me it'll never go away

So you can hear it even if you're deaf? Sounds unreal.

Depends on what causes the deafness

explode from anxiety

Would deffo kill myself because all I would hear is my tinnitus. I wear ear plugs to gigs (whether attending one or performing one) and rehearsals ever since getting it, protect yourselves bros.

the american education system

Solely frequent Sunn concerts.

I probably would get government aid or a better/easier job with lots of free time to read. Music's just noise. Words is where it's at.

buy magnesium and zinc supplements

>music_is_my_life_tumblr.jpeg

i would rather lose sight than hearing

i really dont know what i would do, probably bawl my eyes out everytime i saw somebody performing a piece of music

only play dubstep and sit on a subwoofer

doesn't even know the difference between your and you're

i cant believe retards like this actually exist in this world

but why

take 1000ug of acid and commit violent suicide maybe in public, maybe ritual sacrifice.

remove my ears since i wouldnt need them anymore

lmao i love you

Well I'd rather be blind than deaf

Imagine, just you and your thoughts, the voices in your head would get louder and louder... 10/10 would kill myself

kek

Probably wouldn't care too much
It would be a bit of a relief as well - no more shitty ass university; no more acting nice in front of people I don't give a fuck about; no more wasting my energy on an empty dream to become a composer
I guess I'd just play computer games all day
I usually turn off music while playing them anyway since it's so bad and distracting most of the time

Im deaf but i got one of these some months after being born so im ok