What's the most disappointed you've ever been in an album?

What's the most disappointed you've ever been in an album?

King of Limbs, though that was due to it not being what I expected at all. I've grown to love it since then.

I'm sorry you can't enjoy Tomorrow's Harvest OP, shits great imo

preordered it and everything
to me it just sounds like a run of the mill post rock album for rock elitist to go crazy for

>he didn't shed a tear at Nothing Is Real

do you even think deeply about reality and death?

i think the album is fine, i just think people expected too much because it took so long for them to release a new album

Really? I'd say new james blake is really disappointing IMO. He lost the soul on the new album.

mine would have to be anything by hudson mohawke from the past 5 or so years

could have been better for sure.
half good, half forgettable.
still haven't listened lol
only his dubstep eps are good.

if you're going to listen to the king of limbs just save yourself the hassle and listen to it live

If you didn't get chills during ultralight beam then I'm sorry but you're dead inside and have never had fun.

one good song doesn't make a good album faggot

shit i actually meant to reply to not you
but yeah, kol was a bit of a disappointment but the from the basement session might be one of my favorite radiohead-related releases. plus i saw 'em twice on that tour and the songs sounded ace live.

All Animal Collective albums post-MPP

What the fuck happened?

ULB sucked ass, I don't know what people see in it. Weird and awkward and went on way longer than it had any right to.

broke up shortly afterwards. not a surprise.

I did though, I liked it so much it's part of a short film I'm making

I sorta know of this band and Hauschildt. Could you elaborate on the album and the story please?

I think this album was disappointing because there isn't really any levity, it's fairly dark throughout. If you compare it to MHTRTC or even Geogaddi, those albums have a good share of uplifting pieces; you can imagine a classroom PSA tape about the wonders of science or some '70s commercial for a gimmicky toy. With Tomorrow's Harvest, none of that sound is present, it's all gloom and doom and drably-dressed people trying to rebuild society after the bombs dropped. To be fair, they did say this was supposed to be a post-apocalyptic album, and the cover hints at this too. I like Tomorrow's Harvest, but I agree that it wasn't what I was originally hoping they'd make

I can relate. There's some great moments, but overall it seems stretched out.

Agree with this. R+7 blew my mind, and this is quite forgettable.

Beacon don't fly too high

Mine would be everything Earl released after his EP

this this this
replica was great
r plus seven was great
eps before GOD was great
GOD was garbage

not saying its a good album but real friends, fsmh1, nmpila, wolves, second half of famous are all pretty fucking lit

i'm glad i don't know you. you're insufferable.

why did you have high expectations for meme impala

famous is so lit

:(

thank you - this is partly my issue. one of my favorite facets of boc is that they've always had this wacko, oddball and sometimes disturbing (geogaddi) sense of humor and that was sadly missing here. they did say it was supposed to be a nihilistic album, but that doesn't mean it had to be so bleak.

>fsmh1 isn't even his own song
>famous in general
>lit

No

lonerism is great and i enjoy it unironically

damn
one of my favorite albums desu

Did you listen to Innerspeaker or Lonerism? Regardless of how you felt about those albums, they're why had high expectations for Currents. I hope I don't have to explain that to you

your confusing fsmh1 with fsmh2

i was wondering when someone would finally post this

name one non-swans album that sounds like it

bruh please.

b-but

I'm probably the only person alive that was disappointed by OK Computer. At the time, I just wanted "The Bends: Part Two". In hindsight, they went the right direction.

ULB was fucking amazing dude. I fucking loved TLOP, but I can understand the disappointment of it not being Yeezus 2.

honestly I thought Pablo was bum when I heard the initial version.

But if you listen carefully, he did more than add a few extra layers on each track - he actually went in and re-quantized everything and got everything much tighter. I don't understand how I've yet to see literally one other person mention this. I thought Famous was a garbage song and the whole "i loved you better than your own kid" sounded awful, then he went back in and realigned everything and it sounds dope af. It's still a tad messy, but he cleaned it up big time of the final release.

After bumping it for 2+ months now, it's my clearcut AOTY and probably better than Yeezus for me.

Also, Father Stretch My Hands pt.1 is the sound of sheer joy, and if you want to hear what I'm talking about with the quantizing compare FSMH pt. 2 from both releases. His rapping in the whole "sorry I didn't call you back" verse was way offbeat in the original, and totally on point in the final version.

it's seriously a fantastic record man, just a slightly off-kilter sloppy, thematically confusing mess that is straight up fun to listen to.

There's only 2, you could have just listed them. Also CHz is good

how old are you if you don't mind me asking

"loved you better than your own kin***"

Couldn't disagree more. This has the most substance of any OPN album.

my issue is at times it feels like too much substance

It has substance but it lacks focus and direction

37. Old as fuck. This is how I spend my late Friday and Saturday nights nowadays. Usually I'd be in bed by now.

not judging, mate - i'll most likely be in the same boat too, lol.

that's interesting though. what was your first impression of kid a? or were you not really a fan when that dropped?

It's not bad, but I don't get music publication's boner for this one. A lot of their other material is much stronger.

Sorry, I'll try to have your opinion next time

a moon shaped pool

Kid A and Amnesiac, that whole period, I wasn't a huge fan of. Hail to the Thief, and especially In Rainbows renewed my faith in them. Still, there are no bad Radiohead albums, I go back to all of them.

I loved all their other albums but this one left absolutely no impact on me

literally im really sorry you cant appreciate a fucking gorgeous piece of art

Maybe I had already outgrown this kind of music but it still left me with a feeling of great disappointment

This one burned me good
I was so hyped for it

"no"

it really wasnt, youre being incredibly exaggerative and i think you know that

i mean, you could try not being a joyless faggot.

Just because I was disappointed doesn't mean I didn't like it.
It's really good, but not as good as I wanted it to be, probably because I was overhyped and my expectations were way too high.

Yeah, sadly...

I wish pic related had more substance and experimentation. It sounds so cold and uninteresting compared to their other albums.

Wait that's not exactly it.
It's not about how good it is, because I think it is a great album, but it's different from the kind of album I was expecting (and wanting desu), that's why I was disappointed.

same here, that was really disappointing for me

and I was so damn hyped for a new LSD and the search for god album

yeah, this was so shit, especially compared to s/t. just so formulaic

Even tho I heard almost everything they've done together, I still regard Liumin as their peak musically. The melodies and rhythms just come together nicely, it's all laid back but it still has a groove so you can dance to it.
I mean I love the coldest season and silent world as much as the next guy, but liumin is seriously something more than just a dubtech album. It is the sound I wanna hear when the sun goes down.

I loved it.
I agree with this, and the other post about R+7. I was really happy with R+7 but I knew shit was going south after Sticky Drama was released.
You shouldn't have expected this to be good after Yeezus, this was actually a step up.
Was I the only one that thought a lot of the tracks just sounded unfinished? I know he's usually pretty minimal but the instrumentals behind the first two albums are so much more complex.
Still haven't listened.
Just as generic as everything else they make.
Still only heard the first two songs.