en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting
youtube.com/watch?v=HqonH4gZcRI
youtube.com/watch?v=VcxjNQxf0Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=mL2Bgj-za5k
pigeonsandplanes.com/2015/11/grime-hip-hop/
youtube.com/watch?v=8nrVrWkq_dc
youtube.com/watch?v=BWVw2UZwllA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Both grime and hip hop are different subgenres of Jamaican music.

they have different bpms, generally have different content and the scene for grime and hip hop are different.

>Grime
>Sub genre

Pick one and one only. Do not pass go.

Everything is a subgenre.

You're going in too deep. Hip-Hop branched out of Jazz, Funk, R&B, Reggae, and Soul

this is a good one

No, hip hop came from a Jamaican sound system DJ with Jamaican MC's toasting whose family moved to the Bronx and he carried on being a sound system DJ just with American MC's toasting.

The only jazz, funk, R&B and soul input came from the records used for their breakbeats.

Grime is a genre of music that emerged in England, primarily a development of UK garage and jungle. Jungle came from Jamaican immigrant music and influence.

plus

>neo-/bleep/ everyone

>The only jazz, funk, R&B and soul input came from the records used for their breakbeats.

Not totally true, Reggae and dub was heavily influenced by R&B along with mento.

Grime is hip hop. If a song has rapping, it is automatically hip hop. This is an objective fact.

You're retarded

>>neo-/bleep/ everyone

Dub has influenced many genres of music, including rock (most significantly the subgenre of post-punk and other kinds of punk[5]), pop,[6] hip hop,[5] disco, and later house,[7] techno,[7] ambient,[7] electronic dance music,[8] and trip hop.[7] Dub has become a basis for the genres of jungle/drum and bass[9][10] and dubstep.[11]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dub_music#Influence_of_dub_on_punk_and_rock_music

clashmusic.com/hackney-soldiers

Hip hop is reggae. If a song has MC'ing / rapping, its is reggae. This is an objective fact.

PROTIP: ''rapping'' started with vikings in the 15th century.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting

gr8 b8 m8

are Rage Against The Machine Hip-Hop now?

>The only jazz, funk, R&B and soul input came from the records used for their breakbeats

Everyone knows the Bronx origin, ya pleb. But There's a difference between toasting and rapping. Rapping as elements from spoken word and soul music. That's why Gil Scott , Cab Calloway, or Curtis Mayfield is considered an influence to the genre. It's not just for production.

You're objectively wrong. Stop fucking arguing facts idiot. I am not stating opinions.
Saying RATM isn't hip hop in some way is like saying Death Grips isn't hip hop.

You are objectively, factually and in every each way possible wrong.

This

Death Grips hasn't been hiphop for a few years now m8

Rapping is still just American-Jamaican toasting/MC'ing, just because there are influences from other genres, it comes from MC'ing just in the same way grime is completely different but also comes from Jamaican MC'ing.

>hip-hop
noun
a style of popular music of US black and Hispanic origin, featuring rap with an electronic backing.

Grime has rapping
Grime has an electronic backing
Grime came after american hip hop. It being from a different scene doesn't separate it from it's influence.

If you want to call Zach's 'edgy poetry recitals' rap, then yeah kinda.

grime came from garage mcing not hip-hop.

>It being from a different scene doesn't separate it from it's influence.

So you agree both are just Jamaican sound system dance music with Jamaican toasting, cool.

Just because it came from a scene where people rapped in garages or whatever the fuck instead of the streets doesn't make it not hip-hop you RETARD

Where did that come from I wonder? Idiot

and MCing came from hip hop
fuck off.

Its objectively not hip hop, the thread is full of proof you are factually wrong, shut the fuck up you dumb twat.

Once again

You're retarded

grime as a genre came from pirate radio jungle/garage culture, it's quite separate from american "HIPPIDY HOPPIDY"
>mcing came from hip hop
no it didn't

>Where did that come from I wonder? Idiot
Garage did not come from hip-hop, if that's what you're trying to imply.

Jamaican toasting through Jamaican immigration to the UK, primarily Bristol and being the hardcore continuum through genres like jungle, drum and bass, trip hop etc

>objectively

Yeah...you keep saying that word but I don't think you know what it means

But it entered an new genre. It does matter that there's different elements in rapping because toasting and rapping sounds different from each other

>and MCing came from hip hop
MCing came from jamaican dancehall tradition you twat. The difference here is that it was contextualized into the uk dance music underground where it eventually filtered down into garage and then grime.

>Garage did not come from hip-hop, if that's what you're trying to imply.
>didn't come from hip-hop
>has people rapping on top of it

Okay, factually, either works because grime is not hip hop. Rapping was not invented by hip hop and genres utilising rapping factually do not become hip hop because hip hop factually did not invent MC'ing.

And the same thing works for grime, 2 different vocal styles in 2 different genres completely unrelated apart from their original origins within Jamaican toasting/MC'ing.

youtube.com/watch?v=HqonH4gZcRI

Does this sound like hip-hop to you Americans?

see

>Radiohead is good

Yeah has all the ingredients of it and it's arranged in a similar way to the common hiphop song

Same shit

It has rapping, no? Just because its british accents over some techno-influenced beats doesnt mean its still just hip-hop? America already did the dancey hip-hop fusion thing in the early 90s

Jamaicans did it before them.

Oh wait, Kool Herc is Jamaican.

All hip hop confirmed to be reggae/dancehall (just made in America).

Yeah no

Are you fucking daft? It's a garage set with an MC on top.

Christ, I never thought I'd see somebody try to convince me that DJ EZ was hip hop, but here we are. Why is it always the americans that run their mouth about shit they know nothing about?

Garage, you moran

youtube.com/watch?v=VcxjNQxf0Uo

Stop arguing idiot, it is a fact.

This is the very same argument OP has used throughout the thread for grime being a hip hop genre, ergo hip hop is objectively just American made reggae/dancehall.

This

Oh look it's another "Brits try to convince the rest of the world Grime isn't a hiphop sub genre" episode

Dude, you've been trying to spam this "all music genres post-1970 are just dub" shit for a week now. Stop. Yes, there's a clear lineage, but that's the thing, it EVOLVED. You don't see people going around saying that death metal is just blues. Yes, there's a lineage there, but the genres evolved over time.

They did, from Jamaican sound system music hip hop evolved one way, jungle etc evolved in another into garage and then grime. Both with the same parentage, running parallel in development yet 2 seperate different genres.

>"Brits try to convince the rest of the world Grime isn't a hiphop sub genre"
Yeah, because it came out of garage, which is not hip-hop.

It literally sounds like hiphop with a British accent are you fucking kidding me? Stop trying to make your little subgenre more than it is

>garage, which is not hip-hop.
Stop this shitty meme. Grime is definitely hip-hop and this "garage" shit sounds like more dancey hip-hop as well.

That's just convince me that Grime isn't hip-hop. Just because you're rapping in it, doesn't make it Hip-Hop. Grime if anything is like Trip-Hop

Do you even know what Garage is?

Kanye West is the best dancehall/reggae artist.

Prove me wrong.

I can't so I won't

shitty british techno-influenced hiphop that turned into grime, which is equally more shitty and derivative of hiphop

stop trying to make this into your special snowflake shit.

No

But I know what grime is

British hiphop subgenre

Except Grime is literally derived from Garage you mong

I suppose you think this is hip-hop too

youtube.com/watch?v=mL2Bgj-za5k

Literally African Americans so obviously hip hop.

>Except Grime is literally derived from Garage you mong

And "Garage" is literally just dancey hip-hop

Fucking sounds like it m8 just like the other song you posted

>arguing with pardners about dance music
big mistake lad

so it's faster hiphop with british accents?

wow big fucking deal

Grime owes most of its stylistic origins to American hip-hop and the fucking music shows

So many people in denial in this thread

>Grime owes most of its stylistic origins to American hip-hop
Grime is a genre of music that emerged in England in the early 2000s. It is primarily a development of UK garage and jungle.
Stylistic origins : UK garage, dancehall, house, drum and bass, jungle, soca, 2-step garage, dubstep, electro, hip hop

Explain this.

>Americans with absolutely no knowledge of UK dance music: The Thread

literally anyone can put random shit on wikipedia that doesnt make it true

>lol dude lets just make this hip-hop beat faster and dancier
>new genre lmao
>don't call it hip-hop guis, it's "jungle", "garage", and "grime"
fuck off

edm is all trash anyway

>Brits desperately try to validate their "genre" as anything more than a subgenre but completely fail at doing so: The Thread

This basically kek

grime isnt hip hop you stupid shits. i get that you all wanna have hot button opinions on everything now that you've made it to Sup Forums from r/indieheads, but the buck has to stop somewhere with you just spouting ahistorical nonsense

pigeonsandplanes.com/2015/11/grime-hip-hop/

Question: Why are you so bent on denying that grime evolved out of garage, not primarily out of hip-hop?

>"Grime isn't Hip-Hop, it evolved from Garage"
youtube.com/watch?v=8nrVrWkq_dc

And yet this "Garage" shit sounds exactly like Hip-Hop too.

Are Brits fucking retarded or what?

Because it baffles me that this music which sounds like British hiphop is apparently anything but just because you say it's not

It still SOUNDS like Brititsh fucking Hip-Hop

It's interesting when posters here make base assumptions about dance music and then immediately just make a blanket statement like "edm sucks" "who gives a shit" "lmao >britbongs" etc

Because if they actually did care they would soon learn that they were wrong if they did any research about the genres.

(this is assuming that all the posts in here are serious, you never can tell with Sup Forums idiots who have been in /bleep/ like once)

>knows nothing about uk garridge
>still insists that having listened to half of Sup Forums's hip hop essentials and Kanye's latest that he knows everything about music with rapping as the vocal style

it's seriously like calling pop rock and vocal jazz the same thing because they use melodic singing

It is British hip-hop. These fucking idiots say "oh it's garage and its jungle" but those "genres" are literally just british hip-hop too. They just try to put a fancy name on it to be special snowflake because for some reason "hip-hop" has negative connotations in england.

>74 replies and 1 image omitted

Grime fans, you should embarrassed for taking such obvious bait over and over.

Most posters on Sup Forums are underage and have no clue about the origins of the music they listen to.

For a board who hate on anything Jamaican, its amazingly ironic.

That has to be it. Just an ego thing that they managed to turn into multiple "genres"

It's all bullshit but whatever because Grime will NEVER match Hip-Hop in popularity, critical acclaim or influence

Let them keep their little genre

Pardners are stupid.

More breaking news at 11.

Not only is this very obviously hip-hop, it's also very bad hip-hop. Britcucks BTFO.

Putting special genre descriptors on it because of ever so slight differences in sound doesn't change the fact that you're just a pale imitation of the US' rich and innovative hip-hop scene.

memerap is worse than KPOP, crunkcore, electro-swing and Steam Powered Giraffes.

Get over your white guilt already America.

>1991 was the year punk broke

>muh Brit slang

Even that is derived from blacks in America just like your shit genre

How does that feel? Little bro

>Britcucks BTFO.
>pardners proved wrong over and over ITT
>just ignorantly keep saying the same clueless bait

All you're doing is making Americans look even more stupid, which is impressive in itself desu

>pardner
>from black Americans

clearly just a britbong getting his jollies now or else a very, very stupid American

youtube.com/watch?v=BWVw2UZwllA

So is dubstep hip-hop too then?

Yeah no shitposting. The MCs or whatever the fuck they call the shits in Britland are literally carbon copies of the ones in America. Except they have a British accent

T.I. Had been saying that since the 90s btw so yeah bitch

Stupid fucking Brits I swear

this is dub + slow rap, not dubstep bro

but yeah more of the same shitty brit rappers

You're not helping yourself out here man

And this is like your fifth try

Answer the question my American friend. Is that dubstep or is it hip-hop?

Skepta owes his career to Drake