youtube.com/watch?v=cbONxsaBBsE
youtube.com/watch?v=wjuHkZ5aq4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yea its pretty great.

if acid rap was a 9
this was a 6

/thread

it's a mixtape

This album is what it sounds like when Common and Kayne change west coast rap for twenty straight years.

It has a few really great songs.
Still cant reach Acid Rap.

it wasn't that great

No Problem is good and something I feel like normies would like too

He looks loke hes trying to be J Dilla on this album cover

Pretty good. Better than views. Still not as good as futures run with Beast Modes, Monster and 56 nights

>Yo
dropped

But in all seriousness it's not good. Terrible actually. And that's cuming from someone who use to jack off to acid rap when it came out.

Also, who the fuck mixed this shit?

>tfw chance 3 came out and I didn't hear about it

II LOOOVE YOUUU JESUUUUS CHRIIIISTTT

I think you're in the wrong thread

no, this is a meme album thread

wtf? chance is an even softer version of Drake. goddamn this generation is full of pussy ass shit.

Oh come on it is not that bad. No Problems, Smoke break, and blessings are pretty good.

It isnt Acid Rap, but its good bonetheless

Chance is soft like a pillow

other way around, negro

>Acid Rap was better
>People believe this
did anyone even listen to Acid Rap? It was great but the quality wasn't even near as consistent as Colouring Book. Why not just admit that you dont listen to him?

this and acid rap are both pretty mediocre

They're pretty different albums, but I think most people would agree that Acid Rap is better man.

Acid Rap had more memorable hooks, more of chance actually mixing up his flow and rapping more, and better produced

It has too many really shit songs though. Think about the Ab soul, action bronson, childish gambino songs that made half of the album genuinely unlistenable. Like, this album has none of that bullshit, which makes it a stronger album.

People love Chance because his good songs are fucking great. Great Ass Intro makes me dance every damn time. His bad songs are either mediocre or just like nonsense.
A real back and froth in extremes.

>tfw every rappers third album features both weezy and yeezy

that half of the album pulls twice the weight of the full album of coloring book through desu

I'll give you childish, his verse on that song is definitely the worst on the album

Acid Rap gripped me from the start and was unique, Coloring Book sounds like it could come from any other rapper...

Idk whether it's the autotune or the fact that he sings too much but I'm really just not feeling this one

Okay, so I don't get this release. He has it up over on Apple Music for purchase but for free at Datpiff. What's the point of even buying the thing? Are there differences between each version? Or are they identical? Is it the same distance forward and back again? Or are we there already? Are we there already? We've just lost the rhythm.

He's just kind of a doofus afaict

yeah, i really like how he kinda fucked around just talking and shit on acid, sounded like he was having fun and was loose

Chance is shit guys cmon

He should've done the Same Drugs

I feel like Chance did a lot more different flows on Coloring Book than he did on acid rap
I absolutely can't stand Nana, half because of Action Bronsons garbage verse but the song itself just isn't that good. Coloring Book has a great Jay verse too

Just waiting for it to drop on Spotify

what are you gay or something

is there a mix out yet that doesn't sound hollow and lifeless as fuck?

acid rap took a couple of listenes to get into, colouring book is more accesible. that's why you think it's better. i think it's more forgetable tho

Well where else would I get it for free

can't stop listening to it, such a feel good record

download

My main issue is that a lot of the beats just sound like they've been sped up, but this leaves no room for the MC and also any sound with tone is a higher pitch than normal. The beats should've been created at the fast tempo they sound.

That being said, it does create a new sound. I wouldn't even say it's rap. Because of the fast tempo of the rhythms, it allows an MC to spit bars half time, similar to rap but the grooves in the rhythms cause unusual flows that you wouldn't normally associate with a rapper, but probably more with a RAGGA MC.

Where, you moot

I like it. I can see it's flaws, but i'm enjoying listening to it

p cool how he sampled Mount Kimbie

>I don't like it therefore it's a meme album

check the archive faggot

Why he look like black Decker

It definitely is part of a shift in the sound and tone. I think in a little while, all of the gospel on CB and TLOP is going to reveal it's significance.

I'm fully in love with TLOP but have only heard CB once. I'll run through it again today.

That's really interesting that nobody has caught that yet. Huh.

>the moment he starts flowing on how great
did the christian themes really put people off the album. because wow that makes me sad

His raps made me believe in church and now Im going to go to heaven

I listened to it once and I thought it was really boring. I was expecting more of a Home Studio, Such a Thing or Thotty vibe. Something more fun and energetic. Maybe Its just a different kind of energetic and I need to listen to it again, but I enjoyed Post's tape more.

"no"

kendrick didnt feature either weezy or yeezy

it's not for purchase on apple music. streaming only.

livemixtapes.com

can't /thread your own posts, you faggot.
Also, Acid Rap was a 6 at best.
Coloring Book is a 9 at the least.

Just one question

With Kanye having a huge influence on this.

WHERE THE FUCK WAS VIC MENSA?!

Wait what?

It actually came off as warming, its weird how thousands of Christians can make he hate the very concept of religion, but this album gave me a glance. Like, if the concept of GOD made chance sound this happy, alive, maybe somethings there

He said rapper.

acid rap was pretty bad but had some pretty decent online marketing for sure. i've been dead set on hating chance the rapper since he started but coloring book is surprisingly good

DUDE JESUS LMAO

>looking down and smiling
DILLA IMITATOR

YO WHERE THE FUCK WAS VIC
FIRST THEY MADE A LIST OF CHICAGO RAPPERS AND SKIPPED HIM
AND NOW CHANCE

I share this pinion. /mu and I definitely don't align with most hip hop releases, as I wasn't really feeling MBDTF of AcidRap, but am digging TLOP and Coloring Book.

hope it gets remastered before the wide release in 2 weeks. some tracks mixes are completely fucked up.

would have been better if it had more chance features

probably had something to do with Vic being atheist desu

Chance is to evangelic for my taste. I know most rappers are religious but Chance is way too preachy.

>Graduation
>Cherry Bomb
>Coloring Book

Any more?

TURN THE SIX UPSIDE DOWN IT'S A 9 NOW

If that's the case, I'm interested in knowing what your opinion on Kendrick Lamar is.

I think the black connection to the church and gospel music and even faith goes beyond your religious standing as an adult. Just a thought.

>Favorite Song not being your favorite song

Pleb.

He's not that preachy about it. Dying of thirst wasn't preachy. Chance's music at some points is borderline Christian rap.

Not him, but I think Kendrick doesn't really preach, rather his appeal is that you get the feeling he just relates and tells the story, not so much to tell you what to do, rather just analizes different situations. I also didn't get the feel that Chance preaches, he just expresses his belief without making you believe it ( I'm not a christian and I really enjoyed the record) in a non-annoying way, in my opinion atleast

Does the Apple version sound better than the one on Dat Piff?

chance isn't super preachy or overly religious
he just isn't that original of an artist
10day was nothing incredible and then he struck gold with his gospel-inspired tape acid rap, so he's going to milk that for as long as possible until he can evolve into his own style where he doesn't have to rely on the gospel influence in his music

After listening to this tape 3 times through I think I might become a christian

good, god is great. if you are serious you should start shopping around denominations and find which church style/community fits you, whether it is catholic, baptist, methodist, east orthodox, lutheran traditionally african american churches (what most likely directly inspired chance's music, don't be afraid to go here if you're not black you'll be welcomed with open arms I've attended a historically black church for years and have never felt out of place once). church is a great community and a good place to reflect on life and self improve. good luck user.

Okay, everyone keeps saying Coloring Book >> Acid Rap & 10 Day, but I just can't get behind it.

Maybe it's just too gospel heavy for me?

I enjoyed 10 Day and Acid Rap because lyrically they were mostly about societal problems and challenges encountered by other kids Chances/my age (Pusha Man/Paranoia, Cocoa Butter Kisses, 14,400 Minutes, Nostalgia, Windows, stuff like that.). And I guess some just feel good party stuff mixed in (Juice, Smoke Again, etc.). It kinda spoke to my anxieties as a kid growing up in a city.

On the first few listens of Coloring Book, all I got was "Praise Jesus, I got a kid now, my life is so dope, I am so set, thanks God". And I'm glad shit is going well for him, but I would be really disappointed if the next thing he puts out stays in the same vein as Coloring Book instead of harkening back to his 10 Day/Acid Rap roots.

I guess my only other issue is his features. T-Pain, Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, Bieber? Shit man, features on Acid rap were better (Gambino, Bronson, Ab-Soul, Vic Mensa, though I'm glad Noname came back).

Sup Forums, please explain to me why you're all so pleased by Coloring Book.

Just wanted to correct something when I mentioned the features; And that's with the fact that Gambino and Bronson were pretty weak on their songs.

Well just like you (I hope) Chance has grown from that time of teenage anxieties and challenges and has overcome them so naturally he reflects that in his music, which I understand if you don't like, but you have to respect the message of positivity and growth

not the same guy, but too me it seems almost like Chance is up in his own ass for the album. Some of the songs are good, but I get the feel that he's saying "do as I did and you can come up too" in such a way that it comes off as preachy.

You're forgetting his Jay Electronica feature, better feature than any feature on Acid Rap.
Those themes that you're talking about are still there, Angels and Summer Friends are both about the same societal problems and I'm sure it occurs in bits throughout. Problem is you can really only say so much about one thing at a time, and he's said the album is for his daughter so it's more an album of him hoping to God those same problems don't do anything to her

here,
I totally get the whole positivist and growth thing, but that's really not how it's going for most people our age. Hell most people I know aren't even thinking of kids for another 4-8 years, I can't even vaguely relate with the whole daughter thing. I'm going to have to agree with in that it is just a bit too preachy.

the mixing is so bad desu, pls chance give us a new mix

youtube.com/watch?v=mM5UevY4zJk
youtube.com/watch?v=cbONxsaBBsE
youtube.com/watch?v=wjuHkZ5aq4o

Best tracks

The first and third were clearly included to grab the attention of those who are too stupid to appreciate the slower, more gospel-inspired songs. To say Mixtape or No Problem fit with the rest is wrong. As singles, they're pretty good. But they're pretty big detractors imo

I didn't like most of the slower, gospel songs since I am an atheist

There literally is no difference. Fuck off.

Hm. See, I'm a Christian so I don't even really consider that. The only song that felt really Christian to me was How Great, which reminded me of singing the song in Church. Even if the message rubs you the wrong way, you have to admit the instrumentation and features are much better on Coloring Book.

fuck, was about to post this

Smoke break and Summer friends are the best songs on the mixtape.

This is objectively wrong by the way