youtube.com/watch?v=stBI2ab9uyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hsFaZFp9nAY
youtube.com/watch?v=emtB4LyEFcg
youtube.com/watch?v=iqM5idlJOpc
youtube.com/watch?v=8EyhpZ23kV0
youtube.com/watch?v=FhL6hx5qaIk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for the southern tyrants circle

Not metal I know but what are bands that sound like Porcupine Tree?

But I'm strong and bruuuuuuuuuuute

SW solo stuff, Pineapple Thief, Riverside, Gazpacho, Haken

If anyone could help me it'll be greatly appreciated.

Have you ever listened to Tool?

>Haken
no
they sound like mr bungle meets dream theater

youtube.com/watch?v=DBt-4lKMKPE

I tried my best, user.

In case you don't see it.

props to whoever's been making these threads lately, goat pics

Fuck off gene you are past your sell-by date

If anyone wants to join...

Thanks for trying, user. I appreciate it.

:/

Sacrificium Carmen - Ikuisen tulen kammiossa

youtube.com/watch?v=IDZvkr7_Tf8
youtube.com/watch?v=ChIo3pua7FI
youtube.com/watch?v=RQuTsfdgGfk
youtube.com/watch?v=AXpdx-FTrgM
youtube.com/watch?v=AwYtZ552RxY
youtube.com/watch?v=stBI2ab9uyQ

That's nothing like what I described, bro.

dogs are more metal desu

darn! way off

was it the cosmic church ep from last year?

Nah, I initially thought it was Cosmic Church too but it wasn't. The cover is pretty similar without the space altar and penguin mask, tho.

Do you guys follow any religion?

My satannigga

Ancient Slavonic Krokodilism

How do you guys feel about darkspace? I like the ambience and lofi production

nah, i just follow whatever right wing youtuber i can find

Finnish pagan religion

Would be 10x better without the drum'n'bass drum machine.

Is all stoner trash?

No it's a distinct sub genre and quite different from thrash

i believe reality is a computer simulation run by ayy lmaos

You joke about it but it could very well be true.

How close am I?
1. Close to a world below
2. Here in after
3. Dawn of possession
4. Unholy cult
5. Failures for gods
6. Majesty and decay
7. Kingdom of conspiracy
8. Shadows in the light
9. Harnessing ruin

I love budgie

Metal

this is eating me up trying to find this fucking thing

Haha, same here. I would've found it already if MA had a better search system.

True Satanic Wotanism

You are using advanced search, right?

Yeah, still couldn't find it. I'm trying a different way now.

Colored Sands by Gorguts

Nothing so far. I would've found it if the album advanced search displayed a thumbnail of the cover art. If only MortuusInSomnis was still up, I saw it on there, it's been posted in this thread at least once or twice too.

I went through all 53 full-lenght finnish black metal albums from 2015 that were released on CD and none fits that description. Do you remember if it was a demo or EP, or if it came out in another format, like it was casette-only or something?

mortusinsomnis is up

>tfw you want to give Agalloch discography its farewell spin but its warm and sunny so it's not the right mood for their music

Tankard, Kreator, Destruction or Sodom?

No idea, meng. And like I said earlier, I'm not 100% sure it's Finnish.

I just found that. Currently going through all of 2015 to find it, will post it when I do.

destruction by far
sifringer = riffmaster general

destruction

Then good luck finding it. You'll need it.

Destruction. Like, that's not even a question.

now I feel bad for having it a tie between Sodom and Tankard

1 - 3 are correct. And it doesn't really matter what order you put the rest in.

Tankard sucks, Destruction made 1 good album, Sodom is okay just not consistent. Kreator is GOAT. First 5 albums alone solidify that.

It's that meme album cover that was memed here a while ago wasn't it? I never even listened to it cause it was memed here

>Destruction made 1 good album
>implying that either Eternal Devastation or Release From Agony is not GOAT

Sodom
Kreator
Destruction
Tankard in that order.

You guys are fucking high. Name a Destruction album better than Coma of Souls or Pleasure to Kill.

They are good but even Endless Pain and Terrible Certainty have better riffs lol. Plus Destruction had shit vocals and are a joke today. Kreator is still making good music.

I don't think it was memed but it was posted a couple times.

Found it, by the way.

Destruction and Tankard in last. That's all that matters. Sodom and Kreator have different strengths.

Jesus fuck a penguin mask you weren't kidding

Oh yeah that's the one, wasn't really memed it was just too funny of an album to take seriously at all

Coma of Souls is fucking Metallica-wannabe garbage. Pleasure of Souls is deathlier than anything Destruction did so from that perspective alone I could understand preferring it, but the songwriting isn't nearly as progressive as Destruction's.
lmao, Endless Pain is full of third-rate speed metal riffs. There's a reason the original Teutonic Trio was considered to be Sodom, Destruction, and Iron Angel.

Shadows in the Light and Harnessing Ruin suck imo. I really tried to like them too. Wish Failures for God's had better production. It usually gets overlooked because of that.

>Destruction is progressive
>coma of souls is bad
Stay delusional. Name anything good Destruction has released since Release from Agony.

I can admit that Kreator is more consistent than Sodom (I really couldn't care less about anything Sodom has created past Agent Orange), but I always find myself listening to Sodom more often than the other bands when I want my Teutonic Thrash fix.

Yup.

I might not even listen to it now that I found out it's an hour and 15 minutes long.

Obviously new Destruction sucks, but that goes for every 80s thrash band pretty much.

Destruction was very progressive. You're deaf or clueless if you don't think Eternal Devastation or RFA are progressive.

1.Here in after
2.Close to a world below
3.Failures for gods
4.Unholy cult
5.Harnessing ruin
6.Dawn of possession
7.Providence EP
8.Majesty and decay
9.Kingdom of conspiracy
10.Shadows in the light

I can respect that. Agent Orange is really fun and even M16 has its moments. You are more sensible than these Destructionfags.

I don't think any Immolation albums straight up suck, but 1 through 3 are just so fucking good that you really don't need to rank the rest of their albums.

And Failures For Gods was my first time listening to Immolation and I was very underwhelmed because of the drums. They were too tribal and clicky sounding for my tastes at the time. But then I decided to give them another chance with Close To a World Below which tore my asshole open from one end of the solar system to the other.

Kreator made Violent Revolution in 2001 and Enemy of God in 2005. Both are great. Stay in denial.

No one in their right mind has Destruction above Sodom and Kreator. I mean I like Destruction, but they've always felt like a band that was a step or two behind the others. Still high quality thrash when they're on point.

I really like Majesty and Decay but Kingdom of Conspiracy was underwhelming and had a terrible drum sound. Hopefully their next one will fix that issue.

Enjoy your shitty melothrash.

I can get behind everything except for Harnessing Ruin above Dawn of Posession. That is straight up retarded lol

youtube.com/watch?v=hsFaZFp9nAY

Listening to this shit now.

>4:17
>mfw

Absolutely losing my shit, this album is fucking terrible.

I didn't know Tankard was so universally considered to be the worst of the four, they are one of my favorites

kek. The only Kreator album ahead of the game is Pleasure to Kill. The only Sodom album ahead of the game was In the Sign of Evil. Destruction was on the cutting edge basically all the way up to Cracked Brain. Not even Coroner was as technical as Destruction was in 1987. Bands like Vektor are still copying Destruction 20 years later and getting famous for it.

>thrash shouldn't have melody
Destructionfags everyone. You are just digging your own hole man.

>not blasting frostbitten kvlt shit when it's 100°

Melodic thrash = good. Shitty melodeath riffs in a modern thrash contex = bad.

80s Destruction was by far the most melodic of the three in the 80s btw.

Not worst, but they were definitely the least popular and had the least amount of impact. Admittedly I haven't heard much from them, but what I did hear didn't make me want to listen to them as much as I do the other three.

Holy Moses > Protector > Poison > Assassin > Tankard

Dude... just stop. This is embarrassing. I like Destruction but they aren't as good or influential as Kreator or Sodom. That is a fact. Vektor is more inspired by Kreator. One of the band members is always wearing a Kreator shirt even.

Fuck, I didn't know they broke up. I am legitimately upset.

>tfw I missed them in concert in 2014 because I got my replacement car late

How many Kreator songs can be called technical, or are in odd timing?

>Destruction was on the cutting edge basically all the way up to Cracked Brain.
No they weren't. Even their EP Sentence of Death (which put them on the map in the first place) is pure South American Metal worship.

>Bands like Vektor are still copying Destruction 20 years later and getting famous for it.
That's a funny way of spelling Voivod.

Coroner, a technical thrash band, isn't as technical as Destruction. Wew lad

btw, Kreator stole Destruction riffs, not the other way around.
South America didn't even have an extreme metal scene in 1984.

Voivod and Vektor don't sound that similar.

>I read a word therefore it's true
RIP is mostly even-time stuff and structurally not that complicated. It has flashy leads, but even there they tend to recycle the same ones over and over. Release From Agony is far more technical and elaborate. It wasn't until No More Color that Coroner really overtook Destruction.

Who gives a shit? They write better riffs and songs. Coroner blows Destruction out of the water if you care about technicality.

Show me your favorite riff on RIP.

>Iron Angel are back
apparently i missed this

>Kreator stole riffs
LOL
>Voivod and Vektor don't sound that similar
They are, down to even the fucking logo.
>Release from Agony is super technical and elaborate
This keeps getting better and better. Holy fuck this is great.

Too many to choose from mate :)

Punishment for Decadence > Release from Agony

And yes, Coroner is more technical. That is why they are considered technical thrash metal. LOL

>Chimaira are back
apparently i missed this

Yes, they did steal riffs
youtube.com/watch?v=emtB4LyEFcg

No they aren't, Vektor isn't nearly as dissonant and Voivod isn't nearly as thrashy

How many times have you listened to RFA?

Nice cop-out, I bet you don't even listen to Coroner, you're just namedropping them because you read somewhere that they're the most popular tech-thrash band.

Nope. Compare:

youtube.com/watch?v=iqM5idlJOpc
youtube.com/watch?v=8EyhpZ23kV0

Destruction's song is full of time signature changes, extremely tight syncopated riffing, and other technical things. The Coroner song just gets by on that The Four Horsemen dut duh-dutdutdutdut riff with some Iron Maiden ripoff bits in between.

I do listen to Coroner, actually. I love them. I listen to Destruction too.

Those riffs aren't stolen lol. A lot of thrash riffs sound similar.

Vektor sites Voivod as their primary influence numbnuts.

>B-but songs are better if they are harder to play!
>M-more complex automatically makes songs good, r-right guys?

Also nice cherry picking. Try listening to Mistress of Deception or anything off of Mental Vortex you pleb.

RIP was Coroner's first album. They hadn't evolved their sound yet.

Those riffs are clearly stolen. There is nothing original or interesting on Endless Pain. They were a shit band, and other bands in the scene at the time thought so as well.

So what? Vektor still doesn't sound like Voivod.

I'm not cherry picking, you were saying Destruction was never ahead of their time, I'm saying that if you compare two albums released the same year in a similar style and region (RIP and RFA), Destruction was the more progressive and technical band. I don't deny that No More Color and Mental Vortex took Coroner to a level even above Destruction.

>They were a shit band, and other bands in the scene at the time thought so as well.
source?

they're pretty mediocre, but the riff at 2:29 is one of the best riffs ever written
youtube.com/watch?v=FhL6hx5qaIk