Is this good webdesign, or am I in the wrong and i'm the one supposed to rotate my screen 90 degrees?

Is this good webdesign, or am I in the wrong and i'm the one supposed to rotate my screen 90 degrees?

Other urls found in this thread:

1014.org/
suckless.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Donate should be pop-up.

You don't need a title that big. Make it tiny, or make it a tab that takes you to the homepage. Make the sign in button a tab too.

it's pretty clean for desktop/laptop
make sure your fonts, spacing, and colors are sane too.

It's not that i'm making it, I'm asking where that fucking trend of turning every single page into smarphone bullshit is coming from. I understand it's reasonable for phones which you can easily rotate, but the standard for computer screens is widescreen and the big fucking buttons and ribbons only make it harder to browse through pages.

you could make an entrance page that lets the user select their device (desktop/laptop or mobile/phone/tablet). highlight what you autodetect by default, but allow them to click.

a lot of sites have wrap-to-window-width thing whereas they adjust based on the display/window size. that's a lot harder to design well. it works best on sites with thumbnails like newegg/ebay or photo browsing sites. not so well on a news or information site.

that's one of my pet peeves

sign in to view
infiniscroll
or my favorite... we have detected an ad blocker

Do something like this:
1014.org/

Web designers who do this should be publicly executed.

Why not rotate it though? Feels pretty comfy

There has to be some middle ground. Sites with unformatted text that wraps all the way around your monitor are a huge pain to read through, but the other extreme is also annoying where everything is limited to the middle 25% of the screen.

Just fall for the mobile-first design meme and you're good to go

>meme
>phone users are literally 99.99% of the userbase

I don't really get why it is so difficult. Sites that have that shitty text in the middle 25% "design" almost always have a top navigation ribbon that fills the entire screen. They resize (or hide) that for different screen sizes, so why not the main text? Resizing a text box it easy.

I've always assumed they do it so they can have ads either side of the text

just copy the suckless website, literally perfect web design

suckless.org

but if you had a rotating monitor you wouldn't feel that way

>space.com
this is basically daily mail for space news

you also need horizontal subpixel support or a hidpi monitor for the text not to be a rainbow mess

If it's not as visually appealing like acko.net it's shit

Wtf? would the title scroll with the page, your scroll bar should run along the entire thing.