Kick out the best looking, most creative member because they're cunts

>Kick out the best looking, most creative member because they're cunts
>Become an embarrassing tribute band
>Meanwhile, the 'crazy' guy releases two timeless albums that shit all over them

"Pink Floyd" are a fucking joke

yeah but he was pretty crazy

they kicked him out because he took too much acid and became a vegetable

naw he was perma-fried

>>Meanwhile, the 'crazy' guy releases two timeless albums that shit all over them
??????????

got to agree with this.

?????????????????????

Madcap and his s/t are alright but aren't anything special. Piper is still by far Syd's best musical effort.

????????????????????

Saucerful > Piper, and Meddle shits over both of them anyway.

lol his solo albums were ok at best

Both his solo albums are garbage. Also, Pink Floyd > Syd Barrett. In before "Syd Barrett is Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd didn't begin until he left the band.

Having a high IQ comes with it's pros and cons. For instance, i do perfectly fine while only half paying attention to Pink Floyd and other highly intellectual music, but when it comes to religion i can't even begin to understand how anyone would believe a damned thing

syd barrett is a fucking meme. him leaving the band is the best thing that happened to them

the best and only good pink floyd album is atom heart mother

If only you'd posted this yesterday, I could have sent one of my mate's into a blind rage.

/thread

r/iamverysmart
is it summer again, fuck

The Madcap Laughs 6/10
Barrett 4/10

"""""""""""""""""Timeless"""""""""""""""

(Nice dubs)
Yeah, but that first Pink Floyd album was a gasser, wasn't it?

And when one thinks about it, Aren't his solo album really Pink Floyd reunion albums by default, since everybody in Pink Floyd was involved in making those albums and even playing on them? I think so.

Saucer Full of Secrets has Syd on it, and Meddle is really the only post Barrett PF album that worth listening to, in my opinion.

>the best
correct
>and only good pink floyd album
lost me there

>this person exists

''''''''''''''''''''the syd barrett is good'''''''''''''''' meme needs to die

TRIP DOWN
HEY HO
THE MADCAP LAUGHS
I REALLY LOVE YOU
HEY HOOOOO
LAAAAAUGHS
BECAUSE I KNOW

At least Syd's stuff wasn't the BLANDest.

Syd fed Roger Waters all the songs. He didn't like playing in front of people and he suffered from some sort of anxiety and did not like touring or being on camera, so he just wrote music for the band, alot of it about himself like "shine on you crazy diamond" and gave it to his friend Roger so he could be a mysterious legend. he was very aware of the rumours and played it up big time.

I know this for a fact (i am close relative of one of the founding members) and honestly I'm surprised it hasn't come to light yet. My guess is when RW kicks the bucket the secret will get out.

He also ghost wrote and produced numerous other 'rock stars', all of T-Rex and a lot of early Bowie

you're absolutely right OP.

Syd was perfect.