ITT: Highly acclaimed and influential albums that are undoubtedly and objectively shit

ITT: Highly acclaimed and influential albums that are undoubtedly and objectively shit.

umm shut up

punk is bullshit

you are undoubtedly and objectively wrong

Gr8 opinion m8 I r8 8/8 b8

why?

Ramones

you too are undoubtedly and objectively wrong

if theyre shit then all of punk is shit

I just snatched a generic jazz album off RYM.

Why? Because of jazz fans' indelible, adamant convictions of there being an 'aim', a 'design', 'interplay', emotion, none of which are even falsifiable. It's just a bunch of black men each indulging in his own instrumental thing, with white people subsequently celebrating their purported astounding, mindbending musical coherence. Jazz fans arguing that jazz pieces are 'tight' and show 'meaningful development' are like people who insist that air is solid. Strictly speaking, there is no objective definition of 'solid' or 'dense', so their claims that 'air is extremely unyielding to touch' cannot be objectively objected to. Doesn't stop them from being nonsense in practical terms.

please learn music theory

Please learn to read.

Those individual players' preagreement to a handful of music-theoretic requirements doesn't mean that their individual things they choose to do within those don't make the album fall on its face. Constrained writing doesn't result in good literature.

What I like about this album is that it wasn't even influential. It just made punk famous.
They had no talent, made one album, sparkled controversy, and lived off of that. You don't hear a "Pistols vibe" when you listen to any other punk song ever.
It's just T-shirt material, it's so fucking shitty and plebeian.

Jazz was one of the most highly influential genres of the 20th century, and if that's really all you get out of it then you know nothing about music. I'm willing to bet a fair bit of the music you listen to has jazz influences.

Are you 'avin a giggle m8?

>Jazz was one of the most highly influential genres of the 20th century

This is like saying that using pens was one of the most influential things in the 20th century. No doubt, but it's thoroughly disingenuous to say that, and I'll explain why. Jazz intentionally locates itself at the safest, least risk-taking kind of musicmaking: that of literally self-indulgent, egoistic soloing, where creativity is narrowed to playing whatever note next comes to the nigger's mind. This way, jazz listeners can claim that they 'perform at the most essential level of music' and such, and thus more or less plausibly that 'what they're doing is reflected in each other genre of music'. This is no different from menial slaves boasting that their work underlies the great architectural Egyptian and Roman and c. architectural feats.

>jazz listeners
*jazz performers

THIS IS GENERALIZATIONS GUY

DO NOT RESPOND, NEVER RESPOND TO GENERALIZATIONS GUY

Your assertions what other posters are to do and not to to are not unlike jazz fans' assertions of an album being a masterpiece not to be questioned.

triggered

Hardly, I was just amused by the parallel betwen 'I know (...what's best for you to do in the thread)' and 'I know (...what's best music genre there is and why it's jazz)'.

punk is shit, that's the whole point. if they had talent they're have been real musicians, similar to how if 70's british youth had skills they'd have had jobs instead of being hooligans.

>punk is shit, that's the whole point.
The whole point was that anyone could do it.

>It's just T-shirt material

ha! try the misfits

>The Sex Pistols only made one album

What about The Great Rock and Roll Swindle, or their comeback concert album Filthy Lucre Live?

(Nice Dubs)
The Clash-London Calling
King Crimson-In The Court Of.....
Pink Floyd-Dark Side of The Moon
The Beach Boys-Pet Sounds, and Smile
Captain Beefheart-Trout Mask Replica

heh heheheeheheheh :D

triggered

>punk albums mentioned on Sup Forums
>cringey retards who know nothing about punk arive

Ramones and Sex Pistols blow, punk isn't "supposed to be shit", and you're all retarded. yeah boy howdy those Bad Brains fellas sure are bad musicians, or how about those guys in Minutemen, or any given crossover band, or Fugazi, etc

y'all are fucking morons and these examples are without even touching the crazy shit going on in punk today

this user gets it

>least risk-taking kind of musicmaking
stopped reading right there

The Joshua Tree. One okay song over and over again with different words. Not being an edgelord either, I actually think U2 is a good band, but The Joshua Tree gets so much praise and it honestly is pretty weak

lol Trout Mask Replica is a meme nobody likes it and it doesn't get praise irl

DSOTM is provably good.

8/10
9/10

Not shit, just overrated. 7/10 imo

I hope you get robbed by a nigger

I think had the Ramones not showed up in that exact location at that exact time, no one would give a shit about them. Their music has aged like milk, unlike a lot of punk from that era. Really shows how overrated they were, but that's just my opinion. I think as far as punk bands go, it's a shame that Ramones will always be mentioned among the most famous/important

I don't think you'll find many albums that are acclaimed+shit, that's extreme. Maybe Trout Mask Replica you could argue is "shit"? Like if you played it to 90% of people they'd hate it at first listen, I guess you could make an argument that that's "shit" but it's not exactly what you're after.

While we're talking about overrated albums though, my big unpopular opinion is that Kid A is a 7/10 and peaks with Everything In Its Right Place, right at the start.

Way to intentionally adopt the least risk-taking kind of thread-reading.

Ramones are more than punk, they are rock and roll. They just made their money off copycat conformist "punk rockers" who tried to be the ramones with leather jackets and shit but they just look like clowns. The Ramones weren't "punk" they were entertainers. You stupid punk rockers are the ones who try make a form of entertainment a lifestyle. And the Ramones shit all over 99 percent of "punk bands"

It's a joke man, "i don't wanna be a pinhead no more, i just met a nurse that i could go for" you idiots are so thick you think it's real

Ah ok, I'll simplify

The Ramones were bad musicians, entertainment value notwithstanding

100% correct

>Not shit, just overrated. 7/10 imo
agree 100%

Fucktard yank detected

yes edgekid you are the only person to ever realize that the ramones were a dumb fun pop band and no punks are self-aware and are all just trying to imitate a mediocre bubblegum pop band from 40 years ago

Objectively correct.

Objectively incorrect.

Illmatic

Objectively jazzdrone.

I revisit jazz every couple of months and every time I'm disillusioned more and more.

serious question can you recommend a good punk band? I am through post hardcore and proto punk but the only "real punk" I listenend to are the ramones

Not him, but The Buzzcocks, The Germs, The Clash, Misfits, Rudimentary Peni are all great. There is literally no reason to listen to the Ramones in 2016 except for historical reasons.

iggy pop

That and they have good songs that you should hear if you like pop punk

Not more of a snooze than John Coltrane though.

thank you man. The clash have been on my list for a long time now. i will start there

All their songs sound the same. If you want early og pop punk you shoukd just stick to The Undertones, Buzzcocks and Descendents.

Sex Pistols were more about the image than the actual music, which was pretty mediocre. But hey, it worked, punk became big because of them.

triggered

Still a good album, just way overrated like said.

A bunch of bland, slow-to-mid tempo songs. Probably the most overrated album of all time.

It's better to get triggered by a jazz fan's shitpost than be put to sleep by two hours of jazz noises.

triggered

Keep saying that. If you capitalize a random letter from time to time, like 'Triggered', you might even reach the variety of a jazz record.

>bland
Subjective. It's actually anything except bland, specially for it's time.

>slow to mid tempo
How is this bad?

While I do agree its title of #1 album of all time is ridiculous, the album itself is very good

No, it's objectively bland.

When every song on the album is the same tempo you fall asleep.
It's just a boring fucking album. The only slightly memorable song is Karma Police and only the verse.

You're objectively incorrect. Electioneering is on a different tempo than The Tourist, Paranoid Android has tempo changes, etc.

>Karma Police is the only good
Lmao shit taste

>Electioneering
Yeah Electioneering is the only up-tempo song but it's noisy as fuck. And not noisy in a good way like My Bloody Valentine or Pinkshinyultrablast but noisy in a way that makes you want to stab someone in the face to get rid of it.

most 77 punk isn't even "real punk", the word meant about as much as "grunge" at that point

kek

triggered once again

>noisy
Wtf
How is it noisy? Genuinely curious as its not even one of the noisier and layered tracks out of OKC, its actually pretty simple and straightforward.

The production sounds noisy. Some fucking cowbell that sounds like they've recorded in a cathedral, ride cymbals and tambourine all over, repeating guitar slings over the vocals and a bassline that doesn't blend in at all.

Actually

I see. I never thought the production was bad. The dissonance fits the song I guess. I might be biased as I always love the more Johnny's guitar orientated tracks thought.

It is similar to the prodution on Hello by Oasis, but the difference for me is that Hello has a catchy melody.

Well, I maybe start ling the OK Computer album in the future, you never know, but I still think it's extremely overrated.

Here's your reply.

all hardcore punk really

it was great at the time, it's just aged terribly

FACT: Ramones are just the Beach Boys with electric guitars instead of acoustic.

Sex Pistols were iconic for the era. Punk was originally a rebellion against dadrock. Wearing and Tearing by Zeppelin was them rebelling against the rebels.

Definitely this.

I agree with all in this thread bar this one. You don't even like Cheree?

bait

highly influential, and though the album is somewhat dated, frankie teardrop is unmatched to this day

good pick

true but they mostly get praised for their cultural significance rather than music

> tfw still listens to the ramones and are one of my favourite bands

easily the worst of the big shoegaze albums, even including lush

honestly if it was released 5 years later no one would even call it shoegaze. it's straight up britpop and I was very disappointed when I heard it

if it wasn't so hyped up it would be great, it just cant live up to the pedestal everyone puts it on

actually OKC is not a good pick, it's still a very good album for what it is

I agree about Oasis. Their first two albums are so obnoxiously loud produced and their wall of sound attempts are messy as fuck. Don't get unanimous praise for thos albums tbqh.

KILL YOUR FUCKING SELF

The songwriting is top fucking notch, seriously 10/10. It also has some diversity and the vocal harmonies are masterful. Put all the noise on top of it and boom you have a masterpiece. It's not as noisy as MBV, but it's proper shoegaze. What makes it shoegaze is all the effects they used + the vocals. They're certainly more noisy than fucking Lush. Also, that album came in 1990, britpop wasn't a thing then.

>Also, that album came in 1990, britpop wasn't a thing then
I know, and if it came out five years later it would have been firmly in the britpop category and not shoegaze

Anything british that was rock and minimally alternative was considered britpop since 94/95. The media immensely hyped that "genre".

The entire discography of Sleater-Kinney (especially Dig me out) manages to fit this thread perfectly.

Some of the most wildly mediocre music to ever receive praise.

If it wasn't for their LGBQTBBQ themes nobody would even give a flying fuck about this trash-tier band

Utter shit. I have no idea why anyone likes this substandard, generic top 40 dance shit.

Maybe if it was actually a clever use of collage and ideas like Frontier Psychiatrist instead of another Daft Punk ripoff..

You're confused user, nobody actually gives a fuck. It's only the beta white males and lesbians.

>FACT: Ramones are just the Beach Boys with electric guitars instead of acoustic.
Ramones sat down and played buttpunk lazily using 4th grade music theory. It was ENTIRELY their publicist and label exploiting the current ideal that got famous.

Brian Wilson fucking invented so much shit you still don't know that is the reason we have music today. Go fuck yourself.

Not bait. I listened to a piece from that jazz masterwork specifically as I was posting and I was struck again by the music's sheer ineptness.

true
not true
very true
kinda true
meh
good but overrated
nope
yea

Lush were fucking shite m8 literally Spice Girls plus reverb minus memorable hooks kys

I was going to say that pitchfork claims that album is of the same quality as strawberry jam, but then I realised I was only furthering your point

most of their discography is shit, but their early work is great and has robin guthrie's fingerprints all over it. spooky is easily better than nowhere.

>spooky is easily better than nowhere
False. There aint nothing that they do better than early Ride.