Appreciation thread for the GOAT psych-rock band, King Gizzard...

Appreciation thread for the GOAT psych-rock band, King Gizzard. This band is amazing and dedicated- they have released eight albums in the past five years, and they were all good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PGHgpVU3UuU
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZLEucfevao
youtube.com/watch?v=OnGBa8dVm6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Band has 2 drummers

King Gizzard is great but man people are going to hail them as saviors and then drive them into the ground like they did Tame Impala

How did they drive Tame Impala into the ground? I still think Tame Impala is good.

people from other boards or people who don't listen to much music act like they're the greatest rock band since the Beatles, saying they're saving music today, saying they're the only good band left, or best psych band ever
if you're on Sup Forums for any length of time you'll see the same threads over and over, someone comes here and sucks Tame Impala's dick and asks for more, and doesn't know a single other great psych rock band

there's tons of great ones and there's been tons of great ones. King Gizzard is another one.

Really? I see a lot more hate on Sup Forums for Tame Impala than I do love. At-least their not as bad as the Arctic Monkeys.

>releases 8 albums in past 5 years
>just released album a few weeks ago

NEXT ALBUM WHEN????!?!??!?!?!

probably in the end of year, like around october or november

Favorite album so far? I really like "I'm In Your Mind Fuzz." It has a surf-rock vibe. The guitar tone in the album is also the best IMO

Either this or Nonagon, I really loved it

Nonagon Infinity > Mind Fuzz > Paper Mache Dream Balloon > Float Along/Fill Your Lungs > Oddments > Quarters > Willoughby's Beach > 12 Bar Bruise > Eyes Like the Sky
something like that

This is a great album. I'm currently listening to prog and jazz fusion and I've stumbled upon this gem via YouTube recommended videos, but this band really blew my mind.

they're on tour in the US right now and they're really good
i saw them last week

the difference being that king gizz is actually goid while tame impala has always been peurile shit

but youre right, i wouldnt doubt the ability of retarded pleb aussies to drive something into the ground

Wiloughby's Beach is still my favorite. Got it the night it released and I'm reasonably certain I was the first person outside of australia to hear them.

i imported Willoughby's Beach to the US before they had released anything else, but yea, i didn't get it right away, so you got me beat

anyone know any other albums like this? I can't stop listening to this

listen to Thee Oh Sees or anything on Castle Face Records (Thee Oh Sees' record label)
that album was put out on Castle Face and they really started sounding like Thee Oh Sees there
Help, Floating Coffin, Warm Slime, Drop, Carrion Crawler/The Dream, Castlemania, Mutilator Defeated at Last, The Master's Bedroom, Putrifiers II

see?

damn I didn't even know that John Dwyer had his own record label..I'll check out those albums tho, thanks for the recs

I wish I could. Too bad that every good band nowadays is ''underground'' and can't afford to travel and perform outside of their own country. How's the concert?

anyone else seeing them in philly tn? im hype

I've seen them in France in march, it was awesome, unfortunatly their europe tour is over, you can check this live in belgium tho youtube.com/watch?v=PGHgpVU3UuU

i don't understand what you're trying to say because you're replying to a comment that said an Australian band is currently touring in the US

I'm from a third world European country, that's all. It's almost impossible that such a band could perform here.

most consistent prolific psych-rock bands:
Thee Oh Sees
Ty Segall
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard
Unknown Mortal Orchestra (though not quite as prolific)

where are you living, they went pretty much everywhere in Europe

segall has been boring since he blew up an Oh Sees have been spotty since the new lineup/not as good live

fuck yeah! nonagon is such a fucking great album.
AOTY so far

won't argue with you too much
Ty's Mr. Face EP last year was pretty great. Emotional Mugger is pretty good, it's just not mind-blowing. Fuzz II was pretty boring. he's still getting better live.
Thee Oh Sees have only put out 1 album since the new lineup and it was excellent. their live shows aren't as good though, i'll give you that.
both bands have still been around a lot longer than King Gizzard and have a lot more greatness in their catalogue. when King Gizz have been around as long and still have as high of a batting average, then we can talk.
but yea if i was picking the best band RIGHT THIS SECOND, i'd give the nod to King Gizzard

I live in Serbia. The furthest I could go to for a concert is Sofia, Bulgaria. Have they been to Bulgaria maybe?

ty should release album of the live performances under another new band name, their sets are crazy and standalone pieces

do I just check these guys out in order or is there some standout albums I must check out

8 albums are quite a lot

FEBRUARY
Manchester, Gorilla (15)
Nottingham, Rescue Rooms (16)
Bristol, Fleece (17)
Brighton, The Haunt (19)
Amsterdam, Paradiso Nord (20)
Copenhagen, Pumphuset (22)
Stockholm, Debaser Strand (23)
Gothenburg, Pustervik (24)
Cologne, Gebäude 9 (26)
Berlin, Bi Nuu (27)
Nuremberg, Z-Bau (28)
MARCH
Zurich, Maskotte (1)
Brussels, AB Club (2)
Paris, Fleche D’Or (3)
Zeewolde, Where the Wild Things Are (4)

too many albums man they have ty segall syndrome

i wonder how many people don't even know that Nonagon Infinity is meant to be played on repeat/loop

oh I missed this. thanks friend

Probably under half of the people that listen to it.

You guys need to check Graveyard, one of the best in their kind.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZLEucfevao

youtube.com/watch?v=OnGBa8dVm6k

no problem
really Nonagon Infinity and I'm In Your Mind Fuzz are the 2 you want to check out first
what's cool about the band though is that they do a lot of different styles - those 2 albums are the most similar sounding you'll find in their discog

ugh yea i hate when great bands put out lots of great albums

i don't listen to meme rock

I think Fuzz and Nonagon are great records, but the band have gained so much publicity lately they're bound to start getting shit on.

these guys seem more akin to the Black Keys or Kings of Leon

AOTY so far

>they have released eight albums in the past five years, and they were all good.
so something like the death grips of rock?

no nothing like that