Micro SD Cards, Or: Why SanDisk is Shit

>Have SanDisk 32GB micro SD
>put it in old android phone that I use as a media player
>take the card out to put in a camera
>can't be formatted either in my phone, camera, or in Win 10
>ran command prompt and selected the disk and tried to clean it
>no effect
>2nd time this has happened to me with a SanDisk card

Is SanDisk a trash manufacturer? What brand should I buy to have a micro SD card that actually works from device to device?

Other urls found in this thread:

sandisk.com/about/legal/warranty/warranty-table
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No manufacturer's cards work for people who don't know how to repartition/reformat cards, user.

Did you even read the OP?

great blog post, upvoted for phone shit

I love my shark. Too bad about the price hike though, now I can't get them for cheap anymore.

Yah I did. It's retarded just like the fag that wrote it.

Never had a Samsung one fail on me, and they're cheap on Amazon.

Werks5me

Pretty sure I am going to start going with Samsung

learn how to use diskpart you noob

Sandusky actually have a pretty good RMA policy. They replaced my defective card that was nearly 2 years old

Most of the good stuff is backed by a limited lifetime warranty
sandisk.com/about/legal/warranty/warranty-table

Happened to me too, same card as in picture but 16GB. I wouldn't say they're bad, especially mine was hammered pretty hard (I think I was writing and reading tens of GB on it every day, and it lasted me about 5 to 7 years,). I actually went to the store with the intention of purchasing another one, 32 or 64GB, but they were out of stock, so I went with a 64 GB Toshiba Exceria.

I already went through all of that

iPhones don't have this problem ;^)

జ్ఞా

What happens if you use Rufus?

>mixza
How much they used to cost?

>be OP
>be tech illiterate
>bitch about dumb shit on Sup Forums

Daily bread.

The SanDisk brand has many counterfeits made in China.

This is a special kind of non observant.

You wind up just like your dad.

Gay.

Where did you get yours, OP? I've always made sure I've gotten mine from either BH Photo, Best Buy, or Amazon (shipped and sold by Amazon, not third-party) and never had issues with those.

Any issues were ones I bought from eBay. I learned quickly.

I'll have you know I'm trained on gorilla warfare, scumbag

I believe at Walmart but I can't actually recall. It's the 2nd SanDisk SD that's failed on me.

Any of you ni/g/gers know a reliable brand?

OP sounds like a dumbass

>got a microSD card for my phone so I could have more than 30gb space
>downloads still get stored on the phone
>camera saves to SD card
For what porpoise, and why the fuck can I not switch it?

Buy Samsung.

SanDisk
Shit phone. You should be able to change storage location for camera in it's setting otherwise use a different camera application.

No, the camera is saving correctly. It's things like Firefox and other applications that refuse to save to the microSD.

Ah yeah misread that. Android is shit depending on the manufacturer since they fuck with it. I just use the SD card for files I don't want on my phone such as ISO files or music. My old Alcatel POP7 tablet (Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2) forced the micro SD card as the default storage device so everything saved there. The POP7 seemed to use stock Android so that could be why. It's my favorite tablet since my connections stay intact unlike the other newer Android devices.

Instead they have the problem of not being able to even use it at all so basically you've lost by default

Works on my machine/camera/phone/sansa clip/tablet.

>be OP
>bitch about being too stupid to manage a 32GB sd card
have pic related since more than 3 years, it lived through 5 phones with even different OS's hadn't a single reformat yet still works like a charm
don't be stupid OP

I can't find the one I last used, but I bought it at Aldi for $12, and thought it was some kind of shitty off brand, then it fucking lasted me forever until I literally lost it (misplaced the LG G4 it's in) but I remember looking up the brand and it turned out to be a company owned by Lenovo.

Anyway, the point is, I'll never buy any other brand. When I need a new MicroSD card, I'm going to figure out what brand it was and buy another. $12 for 64GB isn't bad. Though I did see a 128GB for $8 on either wish or gearbest that I'm tempted to check out and see if it's legit (so far everything I've ordered from both has been legit even when it seems "too good to be true", like a 2.5” USB 3.0 hdd enclosure for $0.80 that works perfectly)

/thread

Nazi?

>Have SanDisk card for 7 years
>It still works fine
>After reformatting a few times over the years, maximum storage went down .1gb out of 29gb
>Oh well