Out for a week and already forgotten

Out for a week and already forgotten
Proof it's a bland, forgettable album from a pretentious pop band that people pretend isn't mainstream

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/Radiohead-the-numbers-lyrics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yup

Self defeating argument on Sup Forums who would've guessed it?

Radiohead has for about a year now been my favorite band. They were really the first band I got into outside of Oasis and Coldplay when I was first taking a serious look into music and albums. Today it is still much the same. I love Radiohead and I love basically all their work save for Pablo Honey and The King Of Limbs. OK Computer is in my opinion the best album of all time and I think Kid A is one of the best albums of all time.

That being said I think until today Radiohead was on somewhat of a spiral to the group of mediocrity. I thought that Thom was influencing the group too much with his newfound love for cold sounding electronics and minimal vocals and I thought that rather than coming together and forming cohesive albums Radiohead had turned into somewhat of a side project for all the guys in the band as they worked on their solo albums.

This album not only proves this idea wrong, but it shows a band that not only works together and has to work together to make a good album, but it shows that the group is allowing each member to contribute in their own way to the album itself.

A Moon Shaped Pool starts off strong with Burn The Witch and its fast paced strings and in between the album never lets down, through its slow winding tracks to its cascading string tracks like Daydreaming, Ful Stop, and Present Tense.
True Love Waits also gets a facelift and a new life much like Nude on In Rainbows and although I prefer the original, this version fits much better with the overall feeling of the album.

A Moon Shaped Pool is also one of the least electronic-based Radiohead albums since Kid A, and even has less electronic and drum driven tracks than In Rainbows did, which is a welcomed surprise for me and for fans of Radiohead's older work.
This however is unlike any work Radiohead has put out, its depressing, but it does so in a way that is very lush and cold at the same time, which is almost a perfect feeling.

woudn't say it's forgotten already
but radiohead are definitely mainstream, and always have been

I actually have been lsiting to present tense over and over again since it came out

>forgotten
Is this a joke? There's always a thread in a catalogue and I swear to god I'm still seeing 437 think pieces about the band/album being written every day. I can't escape this album

>already forgotten

Hell no, it's hardly forgotten. People are just not posting thread after thread of it anymore.
Why? Because that's a lot of threads.

We even had a sticky

6.5 or 7 not that bad but eh

hey like someone show me a song better than present tense like do it because i don't know how you could do that

I can't listen to it, it gives me too much feels.

decks dark

>instantreplies.jpg

dat bridge

This album is so much better as a whole than song by song, it's ridiculous. Like, it's about half great songs, and half not bad, but you put them all together and I'd give it at least a solid 7.5, maybe 8. It's got that atmosphere.

decks dark

Ful Stop

I agree. I was actual just looking at the track list earlier thinking "man, I dunno if this is actually that strong" but then I relistened and remembered just how well it all flows together.

I dunno bro

does this post reek of 'liking it just because it's radiohead' a little bit

idk

sorry auto correct i meant decks dark

I don't see how? This is the case for many artists, not just Radiohead. The album format just compliments them.

>STOP FROM FALLING DOWN IN A MIIIINE IT'S NO ONE'S BUSINESS BUT MIINE

decks dark

Nah, I was genuinely taken aback by it when I first heard it; liking Radiohead too much? Probably not. More like being a sucker for slower, darker music with more cool timbres.

stop with this meme

best song is present tense followed by true love waits and burn the witch

2016 album of the year so far

objectively better than in rainbows, somewhere below kid a/okc but better than the rest of their discog

idk, i'm not even a decks darkfag but it's probably better than all those, definitely present tense

This album would legitimately be a 9-9.5 for me if it weren't for The Numbers. I just do not vibe with that one at all apart from the very end. Still great altogether though.

radiohead fans are a cancer

liking radiohead is ok but if you post in radiohead threads and identify as a fan of them then you are part of the reason Sup Forums is shit

but that's one of the best tracks, user, what gives

decks dark sounds like its trying too hard to be edgy and dark, comes across as cringey

I dunno, I love the last minute, but the lyrics are preachy and the instrumentation is just overdone for me.
>liking Radiohead is fine
That's literally being a fan

burn the witch is the least-good in the album

You gotta be kidding me. Really love Thoms cadence and delivery on that one (almost OKC-ish) and Colin fuckin brings it with the bass

>the system is a lie
literal lyric from that cringey song

Yes this thread is clearly a joke and you are stupid

This. It's not my favorite song but if there's one track here that I simply can't understand how people dislike it, it's Decks Dark. It's just a really solid song.

The grass grows over me

lol unless you're meming, you really need to take another listen

We call upon the people
People have this power
The numbers don't decide
Your system is a lie

genius.com/Radiohead-the-numbers-lyrics

Boomkat wrote that the ending of Tinker Tailor was sorta reminiscent of Fenn O'berg and that totally shifted something in my head and now it's one if my favorites, whoops.

I want this board to be honest right now, and be honest with yourselves.

Albums labeled as Sup Forumscore are typically the best ones. It's completely understandable to like other albums more and for them not to be your favorites, but to say they're bad because you wanna seem like you're better than the people who do is really, really dumb. The albums labeled as Sup Forumscore are typically fantastic albums and widely regarded as such, and shitting on them and people who like them is kind of ruining this board a little bit.

I think if the people who need to feel better about themselves so they try to shit on respected and brilliant artists should just be a bit more self-reflective before saying a clearly great artist is bad.

Like when people are talking about Radiohead, AnCo, Neutral Milk Hotel, GY!BE, etc, if you just come into the thread to say "they're all shit" or something, no one looks at you as anything more than a loser who is trying to prove dominance or something over people who just want to talk about some great albums.

I mean I'm just saying, and it's not like it's gonna change, I just wanted to let the board know that.

wrong

They aren't important, they aren't GOAT. That's the issue. People pretend these artists are revolutionary and important when they plainly aren't.

lol ur gay go back to 9gag u normie
radiohead more like gaydio head

guess it depends on the Sup Forumscore

I cant get into Kanye, death grips, or american football at all. Death Grips I can understand even if I don't like it though

copypasta of the year

To me, Tinker Tailor stands as one of the more quintessentially Radiohead songs here alongside Decks Dark. I feel like it's a straight throwback to Amnesiac with a more prominent string section in the end.

montie deserves the gf he has.

I'm still coming back

It's good

>forgotten
you're not helping, and i see a thread about this album (shitting and praising) everyfucking day