Don't they realise what they did is career suicide?

Don't they realise what they did is career suicide?

Name one band who remained successful following a name change after the release of their debut

The Shins

Nice job droning that Reddit AMA with that P4K guy...

But I agree, Viet Cong presented itself as somewhat of a edgy band and now they just seem like pussies. Same with AJJ

But technically the Beatles and the Rolling Stones changed their name.

Pink Floyd, Can and The Verve.

They were called The Pink Floyd, The Can and Verve on their first albums.

Car Seat Headrest was called Nervous Young Men

but will is an irrelevant musician

Animal Collective, formerly Avey Tare & Panda Bear; Panda, Geologist & Avey and Campfire Songs
ELO, formerly The Move

>technically the Beatles and the Rolling Stones changed their name
>after the release of their debut

Dinosaur Jr.

Viet Cong was basically 1/2 Women with a different name, it turned out well for them, tho Women is still the superior band

NEW ORDER

Still pissed about the name change, there self-titled is one of my favorite albums.

>Name one band who remained successful following a name change after the release of their debut
Jefferson Airplane

Manson

animal collective did this technically
but i agree vietcong are stupid pussies

how about Viet Cong?

but his debut came out in 2015

The Smiths did ok.

What were they originally called?

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. is becoming mainstream now that they changed their name

They started as The Sniffs, due to Moz's frequently runny nose.

I still think they shouldn't changed it to something like Pol Pot Pool Party

Epsilons
The Traditional Fools
Ty Segall & Mikal Cronin
Ty Segall
Ty Segall & White Fence
Ty Segall Band
Fuzz
GOGGS

MF DOOM
DOOM
Metal Fingaz
Viktor Vaughn
King Geedorah
Madvillain
Danger Doom

I still don't understand how people found a way to get offended by their old name.

The Reatards
Lost Sounds
Nervous Patterns
The Final Solutions
Digital Leather
Angry Angles
Terror Visions
Bad Times
Evil Army
Jay Reatard

Joy Division, you bloody fool. Also they changed their name again to New Order.

It's stupid, sjws have nothing else to do than muh culturall apropiation and getting triggered.
But as stupid as that is the people that call them cowards for changing the name, for then it was just a namr, it was not a political name and much less a way of showing how brave they were,it was just a fucking name, but the thing is, venues (stupidly too) started cancelling their shows.
So what the fuck do you expect from a band that wanted nothing to do with that drama, they changed their name and thats it, they are still the same guys they always were.

To be honest, I'm not annoyed at them for changing their name, I'm annoyed that they changed it to something as bland as Preoccupations. I mean, even Vietnam would have been a better name.

Not the same. It's a different "persona" for each release. They're not meant to be from the same discography (different concepts, ideas, techniques, whatever).

Kinda like Oneothrix Point Never and Chuck Person.

I agree, the name is a bit shitty but i dont care much for the names apparently the name was chad vangaalen idea, their producer back from women. He also has a few good albums that are very women-esque if you are interested.

so?
does that make it any easier for casual fans to keep up with?

I guess you're right.

me bad, m8

pic related

same with The Aphex Twin