Why did this happen Sup Forums? what do? why wont my pc start up anymore?

why did this happen Sup Forums? what do? why wont my pc start up anymore?

it used to get power at least then i rubbed some of the burnt bit off and it wont even get power now. wtf

is it likely this has messed with the other components in my pc? should i just get a new am3+ mobo or save for another build?

>rubbed some of the burnt bit off
You destroyed the last bit of a connecting circuit.

Shouldn't be running it anymore anyway with the condition of the motherboard. It needs to be replaced

We need more pics holy shit!

You forgot to use raisers or something?
Did you spill mountain dew on it?

>why did this happen Sup Forums?
Ryzen or an AMD GPU
Try Intel next time

not that interesting unfortunately

what are raisers? ill post pic of cpu cooler soon

fx8320 + 1050ti
>tfw

These, maybe they aren't called that.
If you had a cheap case, chances are the metal from the backplate folded a little bit too much after being moved/pressed from the side and touched the motherboard shorting it.

Are those solder points touching the fucking backplate?
Did you not use risers?
You deserve this.

Standoffs, and that's what it looks like lol

case has almost an inch of room behind the mobo for cable management n crap, dont think it was that.

spacers are these ones right?

You're a clown, those standoffs have nothing to do with cable management compartment space. Nor does the compartment space have anything to do with the standoffs.

Fucking take some compressed air to that dust factory, jesus

oooooh you mean these ones? yeah i got these installed, can see a few in this picture i dont open my case unless absolutely necessary, still dont know how to take the front of my case off to dust the intake desu

forgot pic

Asus or MSI mobo?

Either way looks like the mosfets or caps died on you. Cant tell from the back.
Overclock your CPU any?

gigabyte mobo

never oc'd but stock cooler on an fx8320 in high ambient temps for 4 or so years

I'm sorry. Looks like it was time to upgrade anyway, if you have the budget. I recommend a Ryzen CPU.

MOSFETs are usually the ones to go on modern boards and when they do go they tend to get all firey and like to char the board, which is what we see here.

so this was likely not a spacer/standoff issue?

Yes. The images in
and
show that the standoffs have been properly installed.

>properly installed.

there aren't any cases without standoffs anymore. i haven't put a standoff in a computer in like 15 years.

boad is a goner. you pulled a large chunk of the pc trace that had connections to the other layers in the board. nothing you can do now.

wish me luck fellas

>still dont know how to take the front of my case off to dust the intake desu
is that a Fractal Design R5? once you open the door there's a tab on top of the filter in the middle you have to push down while pulling on the grills to get it out. it's really fucking hard to get off so don't feel like a bitch if you don't get it off the first time. just push harder.

nah some piece of shit cooler master, ill have to figure it out soon enough anyways

the tab things are kinda universal for dust filters and they're always a bitch to get off. find the tab and just push harder while pulling on it.