Which is worse?

Which is worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2002/04/11/winxp_search_assistant_silently_downloads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

8.1. 10 may be spyware, but at least it isn't missing basic features in an attempt to pander to the autistic TOUCH EVERYTHING crowd.

8.1. This isn't even up for debate.

W10 > W8.1 > W7 > WVista > WXP > W8

Windows has been getting better and better over the years. Don't listen to all the autists who claim otherwise. There were always people who complained about how everything was better in the past, but who cares about them in the long run? I mean, people were complaining about fucking XP and that it ruined windows and what not

Windows 7 was the last good windows

Maybe so, but that wasn't the question here.

It makes the question invalid. Use Windows 7, ignore 10 and 8

It makes you a nigger, because niggers can't read.

Use Windows 7. Hell the 64 bit of Pro/Ult can take 192GB of ram. That along with 2TB boot/system MBR/Legacy bios drive support means that you can keep it running for a long ass time. Or just get a small ass SSD for boot/system and toss in a 12TB gpt formatted drive for everything else.

user stop, you're embarrassing yourself

>only purpose for Windows is gaymen
>gaymen requires latest windows
>people are unironically using old Windows for non-gaymen tasks

Also don't forget, the number of supported cores is 256 (not cpu sockets, which is limited to 2) So you could get a dual socket mobo, drop in two cpu's with say 8 cores each plus bag 32GB of ram and be set for years. or up it to say 12 cores per cpu and 64GB ram.

Win 8.1 is unironically GOAT

Found the TOUCH EVERYTHING faggot.

>8.1 is all-touch

after disabling all the retarded touch features, 8.1 is better than 10, imo. idk why, but 10 would give me so many driver issues and break different things on every update.

There has never been a good Windows OS.

>t. Linux soyboy

t. gamer soyboy

>after disabling all the retarded touch features, 8.1 is better than 10, imo.
Yeah, and it's nice that the full Desktop is actually there, unlike 10.
>idk why, but 10 would give me so many driver issues and break different things on every update.
Who needs stability when you get """"free"""" gaymes?

>IF U DONT USE LUNIX THEN U A GAMER HURRRR

>when the only argument linux fags have against windows users is mush gayms.

t. gamers

GTFO soyboy

WXP > W7 > W10 > W8.1 > W2k > WVista > W8 > W98se > W98 > W95 > Wme > W3.11 > DOS 6.x

I enjoyed 8.1 Enterprise a lot.

Windows 8.1.

Kind of a toss-up. Windows 8.1 had the best desktop theme of any Windows, ever, but it was still Windows 8.1, it still had that stupid full screen start menu and that weirdass hot corner menu for other tasks, and when you did have to venture into Metro it was literally like switching to another operating system that wasn't designed for desktop machines at all.

Windows 10...I've gotten used to it, it's actually been stable for me for a few major updates now, the start menu can be trimmed into something reasonable, and whatever they're calling Metro apps actually work adequately in a window now. I remember getting a couple of strange lockup bugs surrounding the taskbar and start menu, but that was a few yearly releases ago. Plus the improvements they've made to the console in service of WSL are quite nice too - I'm still on PuTTY for now, but I can see a future where I'm using OpenSSH from Windows.

Overall though, I am picking nits. I spend the vast majority of my time actually using programs and File Explorer, and those things haven't changed that much at all. If I got a new PC, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to install 8.1 on it.

Windows and chrome are fine, the rest is trash

>Windows and chrome are fine
For a soyboy they are.

>lockup bugs surrounding the task bar and start menu
I got that a month ago after updating this piece of shit excuse for an OS. Clicking on the taskbar or start button would do nothing, it was completely fucked I had to do a system restore. Now I'm hesitant to update

There's a reason nearly every productive businessman uses them. You won't see any successful accountants etc. using some shitty riced Linux distro

Is this the full extent of Sup Forums arguments?

Do you ask sysadmins for accounting advice?

wats wrong with dogs?!

>sysadmins
>successful
Thanks for the laugh user

I remember running into those problems in the release build, but I'm on Fall Creators now and haven't encountered them in recent memory. I use my computer on a near nightly basis and I keep it on 24/7, and the only time it reboots is for Windows Update.

Soy boys love them. They go up to strangers and try to pat their dogs. They call them "doggos" and they don't train them properly.
Like accountants?

>Like accounts?
Yes. Success is more than just money user, sysadmins are all socially inept spergs, hence why they use linux

I actually use Hurd, but the herd mentality belongs to you.

>i-i ackshually use huuurrd
No one cares you sperg.

This. I will go to my grave running Windows 7.

ITT:
Sup Forums in a nutshell

>8.1
Just an improved windows 7 with metro UI, best to use Classic Shell or StartisBack

>10
More of a botnet than 8.1, inconsistent UI, breaks easily, unstable, adverts...

Those who say w8/w8.1 is worse, are people who not contribute to society, just play games and movies/animes all day.
Except (some of) the poor souls that bought the PC/LP/TB with the OS.

To me w8/w8.1 is the the best for software management, thanks to the metro, allow me to have the desktop clean and for temporary work files. And have all the software i need on metro, for fast access. (Yeah you can type too, but not my style...)

Very fast and lots of configurations, and agood upgrade from W7.

The only downside i have against w8/w8.1 is the dual control panels...thats just too retarded.

Note that i watch anime and game a little, not too much...time its too short. So yeah i am not against that, but just take everything in moderation.

unlike 10 8.1 is actually pretty good. slap a classic shell on it and you are good to go

>8.1 is actually pretty good
8.1 is literally one of the worst versions of Windows ever released. Microtrash undoubtedly was doing hardcore drugs while developing it.

>duuuh duuuh metro interface
There is no wojak dumb enough to post in response to this. You literally install classic shell on 8.1 and get a better 7.

I'd rather have shit than shit+botnet.

Just ordered my 8700k and new Mobo.
tfw I'm finally gonna have to give up Windows 7. Today is a sad day.

>Huhh duhhhhhhh if you install Classic Shell on Windows 8, it's better than 7.
No, you stupid cunt. Windows 7 is a desktop OS period. Windows 8 is a desktop and tablet OS. No one with a brain wants to run a split personality OS on their desktop. Keep touch optimised operating systems on tablets and keyboard and mouse optimised operating systems on desktops.

Typed this on Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell installed.

A large portion of the botnet shit is probably on 7, 8 and 8.1 from Windows updates.

>8700K

>bill nye the lying guy
into the trash it goes

Even Windows 95 is better than linus

>8700k

Kek, you sad, sad nigger.

>wew.
Well memes aside what other chip is doing 6 core/12 thread at 5ghz?
Besides it's been about time for upgrade for my 4670k @ 4.2ghz. Not only cause 4 core/4 thread is not enough anymore but it's probably gonna die soon as it regularly reaches 96C when gaming last couple months.

Granted, Intel are fucking fags when it comes to their shit TIM but even without delidding temps will be more than ok.

Only thing that made me sad about upgrading is having to move to the flaming pile of shit that is Windows 10. But Asrock/Microshit aren't offering any drivers other than Win10.

This. Win XP is the best by far.

Pic related. It's you.

WinME>Win10>Win7>WinXP>Win2k>Win8.1>Win98se>Win98>WinVista>Win95>Win3.11>DOS6.x

ME was the best.

>5GHz
Why do you need your CPU to be clocked at 5GHz?
>having to move to the flaming pile of shit that is Windows 10
You should still try GNU/Linux despite the driver issue you were talking about. You don't sound like you want Windows 10. Why choose an operating system you don't even really want? Free yourself from Microsoft and switch to GNU/Linux. Godspeed faggot.

Except for the part where you grab a single script from github to uninstall those precise updates.

I just installed Windows 10 on a VM.
I don't mind the spying because I am planning to use my firewall to only whitelist those addresses I use and block the rest.
But what really rustles me is how the system treats me like a baby. Switching the toggles in the settings """"""app"""""" feels like it's just placebo. Have to dig into group policy, registry and whatnot. And what's the point in that if the system will automatically revert your changes because it feels like it?
I'm not someone who just got their first computer. Give me the fucking control.

Worst of the worst b8. Mega shit tier b8.

>Switching the toggles in the settings app feels like it's just a placebo.
It is.
>I'm not someone who just got their first computer. Give me the fucking control.
If you want the fucking control and don't want your system to treat you like a baby, use GNU/Linux.

Top kek this is the state of users of older versions of Windows. Having to hunt for scripts on github to supposedly get rid of the malicious updates when you can just install GNU/Linux and not have to worry about being spied on to begin with.

Top kek m8.

Who even installs windows updates?

People who want to keep their system up to date.

>5 minutes of troubleshooting vs a lifetime of troubleshooting
Gee.

>lifetime of troubleshooting
Microshill detected.

I use Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell everyday for work at home and muh games and TV shows everyday.

>gaymes & teevee
Normie detected.

Might be a normie, but I only play old RTS games (Blizzard Classic and C&C) and watch 3d Japanese TV shows (not cartoonshit).

>old Blizzard shit & command and conquer
Yeah same.

It's literally the same shit

>Me? I only watch superior Japanese animation.

are you implying you never play games or watch tv... ever?

>gaymen requires latest windows
But that's wrong you dumb shit. Win7 sp1 can run like every game except the 2 dx12 pieces of crap nobody even cares about. Even vanilla win7 can run same games if you install proper libraries (but there's no point in not going for sp1 anyway).

its literally not though

this

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

There needs to be an extended one with Pop Team Epic, Rick n Morty, Spotify, Vaping, Bitcoin, etc.

8.1 was the best Windows iteration and it was destroyed by autistics and normies who can't into a new design. Which was much better than the traditional one.
Reminder that power users have no need for a menu since you can just super and type whatever you want to find. Not only faster but also more accurate.
And the full screen menu was wonderful for touchscreen devices, where you wouldn't do the search as easily as with a keyboard.

Dumb people always fucks with good things.

10 was worse for a while but at this point anyone recommending 8.1 is retarded. The Bluetooth management is about as reliable as praying to chicken bones for rain to come

>power user
>uses a touchscreen device

Or maybe people want to keep using windows without telemetry ramped up to 11.

if you update you have telemetry and if you don't you're praying to get WCry'd

>implying XP SP3 isn't GOAT
Semi-accurate, I would put Vista SP1 with updated drivers ahead of even 8.1. Vista just initially sucked balls but it got better, by that time nobody had given it a second glance and it was too late.
Heh.

Do you enjoy being wrong? It's easy to weed out specific updates on older versions of Windows.

hope you have fun keeping track of every single update changelog

>implying that you can't use a keyboard and mouse on a touch device
Also
>reading comprehension
Please quote me exactly where I said that power users use touch devices.

Incredible, this man is not even aware of internet search engines.

Not him but you implied it with
>full screen menu was wonderful for touchscreen devices
Nobody gave a shit about that cancer menu but you. You were wrong, Microsoft was wrong, get over it.

He's right though.

seems like you hate your free time

If I did, I would definitely run a linux desktop instead.

Why is XP SP3 GOAT? Because it sends your user data to Microsoft or because you have fond memories of it?

[citation needed]

theregister.co.uk/2002/04/11/winxp_search_assistant_silently_downloads/