Serious question: why the fuck is there no android music sync options available...

serious question: why the fuck is there no android music sync options available? It was the only fucking reasons digital PMPs took off; you had your itunes library on your computer and you could selectively sync albums/songs to your ipod. Why was basic, common fucking sense technology no longer available in 20 fucking 18? Why isn't there a foorbar extension that detects and remembers my phone and syncs albums/songs I have flagged to sync when I plug it in? Why are there not music players on android and windows that perform this functionality the same way Itunes did in fucking 2001? This shit gets me so fucking mad.

It's about the cloud now. Upload your music to the cloud, then stream/download it.

Might as well upload my wife into the hood, then jack off to my wife getting fucked by a pack of niggers tbqh

doesn't winamp do wiif sync?
a few years ago there were like 10 competing options in this field. winamp, airdroid, doubleplay, etc

>take folders on pc
>drag folders onto phone
>mah sync applications

How often do you add new music to your library? How many devices you have?

I have one phone and one pc at home. When i add new music to pc, i just copy paste merge 1 folder to the phone. Done.

Why are you trying to make it complicated?
>inb4 the copying takes ages
As well as charging your phone.

fucking kill me
how does wifi sync work? If I have to pick the songs/albums on my phone to individually download them that's not fucking "syncing"

That doesn't sync your playlists, you twat.

I have my music library divided up by artist, but I like to keep lossless files for desktop playback and mp3 for mobile playback. That entails entering the file structure by artist one by one and copying only the mp3 folder over. That's incredibly fucking annoying
>How often do you add new music to your library?
I'd like to be able to do it once a month at least
>When i add new music to pc, i just copy paste merge 1 folder to the phone. Done
I'd like to be able to add/remove music from my phone from the desktop interface. I'd like my desktop music player to be able to have songs flagged for sync or not so that the mere connecting of my phone to my PC adds and removes songs all at once. Also likesaid, making and recreating playlists on a fucking phone is fucking retarded

It does if you have playlist files compatible with your fucking music player.

Literally what gugl music does if setup properly

>That entails entering the file structure by artist one by one and copying only the mp3 folder over. That's incredibly fucking annoying
So basically you choose a shitty method of storing your files, knowing that you would put the MP3s on your phone instead of having a separate top level directory (called something like MP3) where you placed all your MP3s in, again sorted by artist, you stuck them in the same directories as the lossless files like a fucking moron.

>he doesn't have his own script that copies files from a media library to playlist-directories based on a set of .m3u files.
>he doesn't have a backup and sync script auto-run every time the device is detected on the local network.

No, that destroys the autism. And even then I won't want to or be able to sync my entire library of mp3s. I want to be able to SELECTIVELY sync music from my desktop to my phone by using an interface from my desktop

that's cloud syncing, fuck that

I guess I'm a retard. Turns out Windows Media Player still has this functionality, lmao. I'll use it specifically for that then.

Have you tried musicbee syncing?
It's bretty good desu.

Thank you, this looks like a player/syncer I can use in one. Thanks.

i have all my music on onedrive and use onesync to autosync it every now and again

>use musicbee on desktop
>use resilio sync to sync music and playlists to phone
>wrote small Android app to import playlists properly and keep them up to date
My music setup is perfect for me, and I love it. Feels good to understand technology and software development enough to do exactly what I want to do with them.

why not just use musicbee sync?

I garuntee you that there is a music app that can stream audio files from services like Google drive or something similar

>stream
fuck you

>Music sync
So essentially you want the music on your computer to sync to your phone. This sounds like something called streaming

>So essentially you want the music on your computer to sync to your phone
>This sounds like something called streaming
this is the response I would expect from the 5 year olds growing up on iPads now to make 20 years from now when they've still used nothing but iPads and iPhones their entire life

>Itunes
At that point you can go full spotify.

I feel you OP. Set up syncthing.

>dragging and dropping folders is too hard

>dragging and dropping folders is the same thing as syncing
itunes could do it in 2001. You should be fucking embarrassed if you cannot do it today

Yup, wanted to show you that before reading the posts itt. Winamo does it too.

fucking ituna faggots

that shit is the worst cancer

storage got too cheap, so they moved to expensive mobile data instead
progress!

It does if you copy your playlist folder as well
Non shit android player can handle .pls, .pla and other formats

You're autistic how else would music on your computer magical appear on your phone

>snyc: you're downloading the file on your phone and keep it stored
>stream: you're downloading chunks in the cache and they are deleted after
What are you doing in this board, milenial

It's called drag and drop, dumbfuck.

i use syncthing
more convinient than things like briefca-- itunes

Not OP, but this thread made me reinstall Windows Media Player and the sync feature is alright.

Syncthing is better if you want automatic sync over wi-fi.

What the fuck does that even mean? What are you even saying? Also stop being racist.

Either by hosting space for or host their own subsonic server, or use Google Play Music. There are fucking options for you, do some research.

Streaming is better than syncing, objectively. Also stop being elitist because you like making things more complicated for yourself on purpose. Also if you were born anytime between 1989 and say 2000, which you likely were, you are also a millennial.

>Streaming is better than syncing, objectively

OP here, I'm surprised this thread is still up. I spent a few hours tinkering with Musicbee to replace my foobar setup and it's fucking excellent. Bloated out of the box but very flexible and does everything I feel like a music player should

Just drag and drop, you retard

read the thread you dumb fucking sack of shit

>Millennial
If your older than 27 on this board you must live a sad life

Just drag and drop yourself off a cliff

> What is rsync -v --delete ~/music /mnt/android/Music

Google Play Music