Dob bylan

Is there a reason he's called the greatest Songwriter/lyricists of all time?

his songs.

Because he writes great lyrics?

Leonard Cohen is better

>He fell for the "Bob Dylan writes his own songs"
Sorry to tell you kid. But most of what you though were true. Is not.

I like the one that goes like:
>Well I stepped into an avalanche
> It covered up my soul

Cool. Rolling stone

kek

He is a poet more than a musician.

Funny joke!

Ok

this is the worst meme on mu next to frank zappa

>Frank Zappa
>Meme
Self your kill

>he fell for le meme moostachio man
what a dip

citation needed

Because he is OP.

music; it's not that difficult.

Shut the fuck up Fantano.

THE TIMES ARE CHANGING DAD FUCK OFF!1!

Give me evidence he wrote his songs

okay nevermind its just a troll

van zandt vs dylan
go

Leonard Cohen > Bob Dylan = Townes Van Zandt > Paul Simon

>Leonard Cohen
please explain why anyone think this boring ass adam sandler wannabe is better than Dylan pls.
Curious.

cus he sad xd

LEOPARD

>He actually believed for a minute
Are you retarded?

His songs are much more focused and emotive IMO.

Dylan himself admits that several of his songs are essentially just nonsense. I'm not even saying that as insult against him since either way it produced some interesting stuff, Cohen on the other hand I don't think has ever written a line that wasn't drenched in meaning.

i'll take beat poet or k. dick nonsense over shakespeare's sonnets any day

I like the way he uses words

Obviously impossible to quantify "greatest," but Dylan was always ahead of the curve lyrically (in terms of pushing boundaries) than his contemporaries.

He's also pretty much singlehandedly responsible for moving folk music from being simply politically conscious protest music into something more expressive and surreal. I mean, no one was doing songs like It'e Alright Ma, I'm Only Bleeding or Desolation Row in 1964/1965 - 8 and 11 minute beat poetry/stream-of-consciousness epics.

> "When I heard 'Like a Rolling Stone', I wanted to quit the music business, because I felt: 'If this wins and it does what it's supposed to do, I don't need to do anything else ...'

- Zappa, on Like A Rolling Stone

>"It's impossibly good... How can a human mind do this?"

- Phil Ochs, on Highway 61 Revisited

most people deep into Dylan dismiss Like a Rolling Stone because it's so overplayed, but god damn it's a tune. his best effort at songwriting, shows he can compose too rather than just being a "poet."

eh I can see why you could like that I guess, but Dylan is just so much more interesting. I mean yeah sure Cohen is "drenched" in meaning but that in itself is limiting his lyrics in a sense. It's a double edged sword. His lyrics can't stand beyond anything other than their pure literal layers of meaning. Dylan's lyrics are ahead of their time in folk music because of their ability to convey emotions and sensations without the need for meaning. Dylan proved he can write masterful "meaningful" folk ballads on Freewheelin and people's Anthems on Times they are a changin.

he then takes on a drastically different approach more up to date and in touch with the avant garde of poetry for its time in Brining it all back home. At his worst he was a rimbaud pastiche at his best he was the foremost songwriter and poet of his generation.

that's just my take though.

also, what said

>but god damn it's a tune.

Indeed. Every time I hear it, it's like hearing it for the first time all over again. There's just something "about" that song.

>that drum kick
>that gospel organ
>that folk harmonica
>that southern piano flex
wew

I love you

that's pretty gay ;)

what does Sup Forums think of John Prine?

Has a big dick

A poor man's Rivers Cuomo

Bob Dylan is a mansplainer. Next thread.

mansplain this

*unzippy*

>He actually believed for a minute
>that someone on the internet believes something stupid
>what a retard

reported, honey ;)

because he is

Sensationalism

Sup Forums

>Butthurt

He made a deal with the devil, he admits to it. It's why he's been on a never ending world tour for decades, it's a personal limbo.