CS Junior

> CS Junior
> Notice every other students are using mcbook pro for team project lectures
I've been using my 5yo labtop with arch for coding. Do I need that shit to COOPERATE with others?

How the fuck are you a junior in CS and not realize that yes, you can "COOPERATE" with others? It doesn't fucking matter what OS you're on.

nah i use a 13" Chromebook at uni

I was using a shitty Chromebook to do my programming in college. Professor was grumpy, but it worked so his Macbook shilling (which he did at the start of every semester) fell flat.

I graduated without a laptop. Just did assignments on my desktop. Group projects were all on git if you were in my group.

Nigga, I am using Win10 laptop in a project full of Macs. Not fucking school project - we are developing an application.

> coding

It's programming faggot. Coding isn't a verb.

I'm running Arch on a laptop at uni too. I'm a senior and have had (and still have) other CS majors tell me Linux is too complicated or scary to figure out. There's nothing wrong with using Windows, doesn't bother me desu, but I don't know how some of these people are making while being such fucking pussies.

>btw i run arch the thread

Learn you some English, faggot.

At least OP is open about being a shitty CS undergrad. Meanwhile, your shitty undergrad ass should leave this website forever.

They're gonna have reality hit them hard when they enter the work force. Practically everywhere I've worked requires Linux.

Ironically most of my educational environment was waay better at my community college. We had a great Unix program there and there were loads of shitheads with Thinkpads running various distros. It was great.

Moved to University and I got grumpy old dudes with archaic knowledge and a bunch of hipster faggots with MacBooks. Oh well. At least I'm long gone from the shithole that is higher education.

>Do I need that shit to COOPERATE with others?
No, all software cooperation takes place through Git (which is cross platform) or web services like Slack & Github.

>mac
Found your problem.

>CS junior
>notice every other student is using macbook pros for team project lectures
I've been using pen and paper for coding. Do I need that shit to cooperate with others?

Why on earth would you need the same operating system as people your editing text filles with?

Ask the department chair if there's a coding class without a bunch of hipster cuck macfags.

this is the moment in your life where you realize where you will end up in life.

macfags are extroverts, social, not very good at programming, but they succeed by working together.

linuxtardos focus on low level software, great at math and programming, not social and not many friends.

macfags go off to start ups and "VP/founder" roles after graduating and linuxtardos are code monkies.

You will be able to cooperate, but as you are an arch user, you likely have autism and won't be able to cooperate no matter what device you use.

Unless (I think) it's an iOS, then use whatever the fuck you want.
If they need you to use Swift, AFAIK, you'll need something to test it on, like an ipad or iphone or even a mac if it's for macOS

In either case: kek no, fuck these 'tards and their macs demanding you use their a macs. macs are fucking useless outside of hipsters. Even for photoshop and lightroom, macs are useless. They use to be able to push "muh adobe rgb" but other laptops are on par or better, like the Dell XPS series, for cheaper and better hardware and much better fucking support

Because college is a fucking joke
>t cs grad

>not realising that programming is a ing word

Fakkyuu~

>macfags spend all day posting on facebook and following trendy bullshit, they go off to be social media marketers getting paid minimum wage to post more ads on facebook
>superior GNUmen become inventors, CTOs, philanthropists, tenured professors, etc

fixed that up for you