TALK ABOUT MUSIC PRODUCTION

NO SOUNDCLOUDS

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/aky3dzgr
clyp.it/bgewfbpg
youtube.com/watch?v=kV9sNmujCPk
clyp.it/chlg2j4b
junglebreaks.co.uk/breaks.html
reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/2dzmin/fl_studio_wont_play_sound_after_tweaking_vst/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dd8WjeK8riE
youtube.com/watch?v=woJRUts7_C0
youtube.com/watch?v=xIXCVZ9evuo
youtube.com/watch?v=mV5AWaEv410
youtube.com/watch?v=-gKPagTrLIA
youtube.com/watch?v=tIYzAznFA8s
youtube.com/watch?v=5QCBkwmsOk0
clyp.it/htnyxz4b
clyp.it/13ekpttm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone else audiomulch? It looks like a neat tool but seems quite fiddly to use

Yes I've used audio mulch for years.

It may look overwhelming to use but its got one of the simplest ways of working in a DAW

clyp.it/aky3dzgr

go ahead tear me apart its a wip

>WondaGurl is literally the only female producer in hip-hop

Cant wait for the trump shills to arrive and ruin this thread

How about we just ignore them this time?

/just/
clyp.it/bgewfbpg

What's a good VST/plugin to get synths like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=kV9sNmujCPk

?

clyp.it/chlg2j4b how can i clean up this mix?

Fucking plebs, go make something other than edgy experimental vaporwave, electro, hiphop with random voice samples from old movies. I'm not replying to anyone particularly but whenever I come here it's the same shit. Why don't you use your knowledge to create something normal?

truth is we all suck and can only make shit claiming its artsy

pluck + vibrato + 50% wet tremolo + eq or band pass mid frequencies. you can use any synthesizer to generate the origin plucks, i'm sure Harmor can do an adequate job doing everything I just mentioned without any effects or layering.

get a friend to clean up your blood after you kill yourself

speak for yourself m8

interesting timing... i've been producing for 4 years and have never put a sample from a movie in my work until yesterday

is there an index of common jungle breaks and their bpms?

junglebreaks.co.uk/breaks.html
some are delusional and some are projecting

Most jungle breaks are from old funk records, sped up and time stretched

Try junglebreaks.com

cheeki breeki
thanks lads

thx

I have this strange problem with some plugins in Fl studio...

If i change some synth paremeter I can't play anything until I unfocus from the window and refocus back in, and sometimes the sound just sticks and doesn't go away until I click the stop button. What's going on?

Gammy audio driver?

What's that? Am I missing something? Can't find anything on google.

Haha sorry, gammy means shitty.

Is it affected by what vsts you're using? Some of them are quite buggy, particularly older freeware ones

I think it actually just happens on (khm... pirated) Nexus, Massive and a few other ones.

I'm just reading this thread on reddit because this is basically my problem, but checking those options doesn't fix it for me.

reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/2dzmin/fl_studio_wont_play_sound_after_tweaking_vst/

tfw your drums will never sound this good
youtube.com/watch?v=Dd8WjeK8riE
youtube.com/watch?v=woJRUts7_C0
youtube.com/watch?v=xIXCVZ9evuo

Shit, I found it. The problem is that I'm using it on a 64-bit version of FL, but on 32-bit version it works without problems. Oh well.

i had that problem when using my keyboad as a midi keyboard. it went away when i bought an actual midi keyboard

Guys, how can I be good at producing when everything I hear sounds good enough? I'm coming from classical instrument background where I don't have to bother with sound design, I just care about music. Tweaking the sound is something different. I have no critical ear in this at all. I mean, I can hear when it's shit, but immediately after I pass that line of being unlistenable, it's good enough for me. What should I do?

what kind of music are you making?

How long have you been doing this?

I've been playing around Fl for about a year and a half now, but I spent a lot of that time just composing stuff, completely unrelated to producing. I practiced production with some electronic music. I want to learn the theory too, but at the end I'd probably do classical and some pop/electro. Nothing else really interests me.

>electonic
thats extreamly vague. have any examples?

Some EDM I guess. I don't even listen to it that much. I'm experimenting. It does not really matter what type of music I'll do, I just want to learn how to prod, how to mix, where everything goes in the mix, how to compress, pan, eq etc. and overall make a good sound. I want to understand it enough to be able to copy anything for practice. I just found this guy and he has some FLPs for free. There is some pretty decent work. I'd like to find more sources with good FLPs for practice which I can analyze.

youtube.com/watch?v=mV5AWaEv410

for those that don't make a living with music/prod/whatever..

what keeps you going? don't you feel like a worthless piece of shit that's not contributing a thing to society/economy?

Has anyone found Komplete 10 Ultimate for cheaper than $225? Besides stealing it, of course? Or is ot that much worth it i should just pay the $225m

Lmao @ not having passion/love outright for the music

You can do many other things that get you paid.

Making a living with music and contributing to the economy are not things that always go together.

youtube.com/watch?v=-gKPagTrLIA

KEKS

You should just quit if it doesn't bring you 100% happiness. I don't mean that in a mean spirited way,but you have to ask yourself why you're even doing it if that's how you feel. It's my lifeblood. I think my music sucks dick, but I love making it. I don't feel I have a choice. All day long all I think about is music ideas.

that's not true YUNG SLAYER from DARK WORLD is a girl and she kills it
youtube.com/watch?v=tIYzAznFA8s

youtube.com/watch?v=5QCBkwmsOk0

How the fuck did they get the bass to sound like this?

Help

how come nobody knows how to be an elite sampler like sebastian, justice, and skrillex? whats their secret?

also who got resources on how to make the funkiest of basslines without it sounding like babby funk?

They are the "elite" ones? Thats news

why do my mixes sound so quiet?

clyp.it/htnyxz4b

made this for you : ^ )

i'd still like anyone's opinion on it tho

bump

What keyboard should I get /prod/? Keep in mind I'm a poorfag. Anything above 200$ is a no go

midi? I like the m-audio keystation ii. the 49 key is $100.

you could make do with a cheap midi keyboard on Craigslist though if you really want to save some scrilla.

I don't think skrillex samples much; most of his sounds are made with synths

thanks senpai

no worries dude, good luck

Anybody use Studio One 3 as a DAW? How do you like it?

hello everyone.

This is my first "electronic" track, I tried to do something "ambient" because I wanted to try it out. I'm very inexperienced here and tried to keep it simple. How to make good ambient electronic music? I'm a fan of dark ambient stuff

clyp.it/13ekpttm

>what keeps you going? don't you feel like a worthless piece of shit that's not contributing a thing to society/economy?
this is what wagekeks actually believe

It's £729 here in bongland, I got mine half price about this time last year though

If you are talking about $225 USD, that is a fantastic price. There's so much stuff in KU10 that you will never use it all

>share some of my tracks with friends
>get a comment about my lack of bass
>I have plenty of bass
>realise you can only hear my bass with proper headphones or decent speakers
How do I get sweet deep/low bass but have it come through on people's shitty speakers?

Hard to do. Layer kicks onto your deep bass. People like me who make it a point to listen to music on good subs will appreciate it. People who just want to hear the song will get where the bass is coming from.