Your favourite album of the year so far?

Your favourite album of the year so far?

The one pictured op

this one so far

high hopes for swans and nin tho

1. Mark Pritchard - Under the Sun
2. James Blake - TCIA
3. Waclaw Zimpel - Lines
but it's so mediocre

>a James urban outfitters Blake fan calling amsp mediocre

How is TCIA mediocre?

I don't think you can call another album mediocre when James Blake's new album is in your top 3

James Blake's album, regardless of what you think about it, has a lot more diversity in style and approach (with success in each way) than Radiohead has on their milquetoast effort.

Nah, it's pretty much all bland sad boy indie-soul with none of the interesting percussion or sub bass some of his previous releases had. Lyrics are facile too.

Definition of milquetoast

So then what is AMSP to you?

I didn't say it was a masterpiece, it's just the best thing I've heard so far this year.

Blackstar.

and diversity makes it better? nah mate.
TCIA is the final nail in the coffin for that kid, he's the definition of settled

Compared to James Blake.
How is it better

Because your favorite hack Fantano panned him? Fuck no. Most people with taste love the record.

It's alright. Have only listened through once. I enjoy the staccato strings on Burn the witch and the buzzy sound design on Daydreaming and Tinker Whatever Whatever. The Motorik-esque song is pretty fun. Don't really care for the two folkier songs. The rest hasn't stuck yet.

James Blake is a meme

That's the thing though how do you compare that mediocrity to James Blake, who made a clear mature development from his first two albums?

Radiohead is a fucking meme

Its the high level of discourse and well developed music arguments and discussions that really keep me coming back here.

I found it more engaging than James Blake - it's just my taste, mate. I much preferred James' work on Hessle, Hemlock, and R&S than this rnb indietronica shit.

le ad hominem

same, still waiting for the AOTY th, AMSP is up there

>12 unique posters
>only 1 of them said Blackstar

You're worrying me, Sup Forums

Dadcore

>nobody has said this yet

Less plebs on Sup Forums at this time of day.

That's because it's bad

Blackstar thus far, though AMSP is a close second

kek, but seriously BP is behind Blackstar for me

this desu senpai

kek, but seriously Steam Powered Giraffes have more talent

Not sure if it's my #1 AOTYSF but damn it's definitely top 3, shit just makes you move

A sailor's guide to earth

Sleep cycle

The title says it all

>mfw he topped his debut

Yea personally it's Bottomless Pit for me too. Also my number 1 DG album. I can't stop spinning it.

Infinitely better than Painting With, that's for sure.

Nonagon infinity opens the door

>9gag core

best rock album of the year so far imo

>she will never whisper into your earpussi

painting with

This is excellent.

This, or...

Bouncy's Lemonade might not be worth all the hype, but it really is a pretty fantastic record.

My favorites so far

underrated as fuck

also my album of the year so far

Underrated comment my friend

Terminal Redux