ITT: Sup Forumscore you will never understand or be able to get into

ITT: Sup Forumscore you will never understand or be able to get into

>My Bloody Valentine
>Slint
>Sonic Youth
>Jason Aldean (this is a joke right? I hope it is.)
>Weezer (joke?)
>Kanye West (joke?)
>Capt. Beefheart

waste of quads

MBV and Beefheart are good
Aldean and Kanye are 100% memes
Rest I can understand not liking.

I never could get into that shitty antlers album

beefheart is not fucking good. stop this meme

the antlers are boring af desu

you're a meme

Lol

Helo newfriend! Aldean is the only one that is 100% a joke.

>not liking Aldean

The Antlers album is objectively terrible.
Old Boots New Dirt > Hospice

>thinking Kanye is a meme

How can you not tell what is a joke or not holy shit. Even if it wasn't a joke, no one is making you like Sup Forumscore. Everyone has opinions, asshole.

I can generally understand why someone would like most Sup Forumscore even if I don't. Though I've only listened to about half or so of them.

And are we talking about just the general Sup Forumscore stuff that's only made up of a dozen albums or so or the one that has over 100 albums and would be impossible to not like something off of it?

You know he has other albums than TMR.

>Thinking Kanye isn't a meme
When will this meme end.

>My Bloody Valentine
What's there to understand? Wall of noise+Sonic Youth+Cocteau Twins+French pop.
>Slint
Beats me also
>Sonic Youth
Progressive usage of effects. Proto-shoegaze and '90s alternative. Otherwise, pretty overrated by p4k which memed them to hell: they'd give a pretentious indie band from New York 11/10 if they could.

Also, Daydream Nation has admittedly bad production which eschews the energy of the record. Trust me on this one, even Thurston Moore admits it. Listen to their live recordings or other albums.
no
>Weezer (joke?)
Blue Album for GOAT power-pop/alternative. That's it. If you are depressive, then maybe add Pinkerton. Then stop and never listen to anything by them, ever.
>Kanye West (joke?)
do you even wigger bro
>Capt. Beefheart
take-your-band-to-a-house-in-the-woods-and-make-them-play-random-nonsence-until-they-learn-it-core.

i recommend SY's 2000s run, i didnt like their most acclaimed albums but Sonic Nurse, Murray Street and to some extent Thousand Leaves were pretty cool

Jason Aldean is a joke dude. It always was. Only newfags think its for real.

Also Beefheart is good. P will understand it better if he reads on its story and context.

>>My Bloody Valentine
You don't have to get into them. Their only good album is Loveless.
>>Slint
Never even bothered to listen. Going to get around to it eventually.
>>Sonic Youth
Shit.
>>Jason Aldean (this is a joke right? I hope it is.)
Yes. It's a joke. A joke that needs to end.
>>Weezer (joke?)
Eh...started as a joke, but ended up attracting people who actually like them. Same thing is happening with Twenty One Pilots.
>>Kanye West (joke?)
Nope. MBDTF is great, but pretty much everything else is trash.
>>Capt. Beefheart
Me neither. Don't get it.

The albums that always get posted here so the main ones like NMH, Talking Heads, Death Grips, etc. (I like those)
Loveless wasn't bad but it was hard to listen to on my shitty earbuds.

back to Sup Forums

cant believe the slint apathy/hate in this thread. im not a fan of post rock even but Spoderland is very well made.

> You know he has other albums than TMR
Fucking this, Safe as Milk, Mirror Man Sessions and Doc at the Radar Station are all GOAT and anyone who disagrees is a faggot

>Deathgrips

>Deathgrips

>Deathgrips

>Deathgrips

>FUCKING DEATHGRIPS

pic related

Most of it, because almost none of it is in the archive, aside from autistic shit like FLAC and .rar files

wow great argument fagtron you really convinced me with those hot opinions.

How can you not like Death Grips, though? Even people who don't like hip hop like them. They have everything; charming internet presence, interesting marketing schemes, great music, etc.

I was kidding, user

Beefheart is good but he's hugely unaccessible and you need to understand exactly what he tried to do.

Try 2012 remaster. For a long time I felt the record sounded kinda crammed and constrained in headphones. I listened to the remaster on speakers just today, was surprised it sounded easier on ears.

Anyway, you will either like it, or you won't… I feel like my enjoyment of this record is a very subjective feeling, few seem to get what exactly is good about it and therefore assume it's a meme. It's not, but I must say that for years I kind of yearned for something like this, and when I turned it on it 'clicked' with me perfectly from the first 5 seconds. It's a very specific sound, not in an obvious emotional scope, that's what I want to say.

>their only good album is loveless

The Pixies

I've listened to Doolittle but I thought it was just incredibly bland. I know they were very influential etc. but outside of that can someone please explain to me why they're so loved?

Death grips (pretty sure it's a joke tho )

>My Bloody Valentine
Enjoyable listen, good to vibe out to, if you dont like it then theres nothing more to get
>Slint
I'm not in love but their stuff is very well made and interesting, the production is flawless
>Sonic Youth
A few good albums, but I hate their popular stuff. They sound so afraid to be a rock band, why are the drums so quiet?
pleb
>Weezer (joke?)
Boring white normiecore
>Kanye West (joke?)
Great producer, his earlier stuff is universally beloved in hip hop, his later stuff was more ambitious and centered around his cult of personality
>Capt. Beefheart
Safe As Milk is a great solid blues record, TMR is an interesting meme, some people have convinced themselves that it sounds good

I liked a few things from their new album. and I like HipHop. Something about them just doesnt feel right.

I thought that for ages, then listened to hospice on repeat while revising for exams at university because I found it calming background music, and at some point over that period I fell in love with it

>postrock
>Burial

You know it's true. All those post-punk EPs were very uninspired. You Made Me Realise is OK but not too enjoyable. Isn't Anything is basically Loveless but a lot cheaper and with terrible lyrics. Loveless was amazing, of course, and the comeback, m b v, was a bit too slow and sucrose for my tastes. m b v was kinda sad, really. Like watching an old man struggle to get out of bed even though you've seen him do some amazing things in his younger years as an acrobat.

Fair

Yo whys this thread shitting on the GOAT?

The exact moment that it started getting flack on this board was exactly after Sup Forums voted it the best album of all time. Funny how that works, huh

Get a what dot cd invite you fucking pleb

Radiohead
Kanye
American Football
ITAOTS
Bjork

I can dig Swans, Slint, Animal Collective and Beefheart though.

Yeah fucking idiots listening to music they hear is good and forming their own opinions

While Beefheart is shite, it's definitely one of those albums so unlike anything else that it gets a special place in music history. Also, some people get off on saying they like music that you have to listen to like 20 times before your brain fools itself into liking it.

Don't play dumb, if that were true it would have been criticized here before that list, but it rarely was.

Yeah probably because nobody was talking about it besides fans

It was on the essentials list for a long time

What percentage of Sup Forums would you guess have listened to Pink Moon?

A pretty good percentage

jesus what a fucking pleb