What has Fantano taught YOU, Sup Forums?

What has Fantano taught YOU, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AngryBirds/status/730358808791355392
twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/686024199983464449
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 23
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That if i talk real nice and use buzzwords i too can become internet famous

that it's just his opinion

He's taught me what a real cuckhold looks like

Never trust bald people

To avoid is shit hole slum of a youtube channel.

7 years in and i've managed to avoid watching any of his reviews

nothing against the guy or anything, i just don't want to, too close minded. i'm sure he has a bunch of good things to say about some of the music i listen to though

he doesn't

not to take people on youtube seriously

that it's ok to share my shit taste in music to other people on the interent

That nobody cares about quality criticism in music anymore. The whole point of critics is to go beyond the initial subjective emotional hype feel audiences feel about whatever the newest thing in a medium is. Fandango is just another member of the audiece, which makes his reviews 1. Pointless because he's no different from you or me and 2. Fail massively on the criticism end due to not following the purpose of critiques in art mediums.

Pretty much everything is Trap Influenced Beats™

>people this triggered by a reviewer who doesn't agree with them

bwahahah

that radiohead fans will be angry because you don't give their album a 10 but an 8

THIS. anyone on here could do what fantano does.

Veganism isn't expensive

rating music is retarded

why do people with tightened sphincters always post a reaction image when they're trying to come across as not anally devastated?

I think he's a nice guy, but you've got to remember that he's just a guy with an opinion. I prefer his vids that aren't reviews tbph

twitter.com/AngryBirds/status/730358808791355392

it totally anally devastated you
you should try that "trick" to pretend you're not, tho

you are so mad, my friend.

hold up.
stop
this isn't fucking musical discussion

To start seeing opinions in music in a different perspective.

Still waiting :(

you see your own opinions from a different perspective other than your own?

That he is the most controversial person who doesn't really do anything that controversial.

Confirmed 10?

That all criticism is itself, a form of entertainment. The "highest form" of criticism exists only to entertain people. People who are interested in music enjoy hearing the opinions of others. It also has the function of turning people (including other critics and musicians) onto music that they think will think is good. People can even find critics that they have a high success rate with.

Fantano is a relatable man to many people, and likely has turned kids who are interested in exploring music onto interesting music, perhaps even indirectly helping to shape some of the musical minds that posterity will say were the canonical composers of this time.

Fantano has validated the medium of music criticism to a wider audience through accessibility.

That all criticism is itself, a form of entertainment. The "highest form" of criticism exists only to entertain people. People who are interested in music enjoy hearing the opinions of others. It also has the function of turning people (including other critics and musicians) onto music that they think will think is good. People can even find critics that they have a high success rate with.

Fantano is a relatable man to many people, and likely has turned kids who are interested in exploring music onto interesting music, perhaps even indirectly helping to shape some of the musical minds that posterity will say were the canonical composers of this time.

Fantano has validated the medium of music criticism to a wider audience through accessibility.

I disagree that what he's doing is essentially any different from what other rock critics do. I'm open to being wrong, so can you tell me exactly what rock critics are supposed to do? Or are you dismissive of all popular music criticism?
>Going beyond the initial subjective emotional hype feel audiences feel about whatever the newest thing in a medium is
I think it's hard to quantifiably say that Fantano actually does this. But even if one were to go beyond this, what's so valuable about that? All critics will be influenced by other people.
I agree.

That reading reviews takes less time than watching them.

how to eat bread, that's about it

not so much taught me, but fantano threads do help me remember that most of the people on this board are underage and that I really need to leave this board before i'm 25

A dude can be a decent enough guy no mater how absolutely cancerous and terrible his fanbase is.

Is the subjective emotional hype feel what the actual newest thing in the medium is, or what is simply new to the masses? In either case, how is this a bad thing? If it's new to the people that know what's actually new, then isn't that something that should be written about? If it's new to the masses, then shouldn't it be talked about so that they can learn about it?

free advertisement is so easy when you piss off enough faggots.

>Fandango is just another member of the audiece
So is every other reviewer ever. Reviewers are just people with opinions. Some people are just paid to do it and for some reason are held in higher regard even though they're no different from anyone else. A difference in education may be present but there are also people much more knowledgeable than professional reviewers that don't do reviews.

Taught me you can be a proud bald man without everyone spitting on you

Last one.

If he is just another member of the audience, why does this make his opinion pointless? I guess it's pointless in the sense that opinions about music are arguably pointless.

Is the purpose of criticism really just to rise above what the emotional/subjective hype of the masses is?

Are you trying to argue that criticism should only be about objective qualities? If so, then your comment made me think about this enough to think that it in fact should, and that in this sense Fantano does fail at criticism in a sense. I beat myself for you at what your argument might have been.

But either way, he doesn't fail as an entertainer, and that's what counts in the end, as all criticism is arguably just a form of entertainment or a means to attaining entertainment.

He taught me how laughable the hipsters and indie fags of Sup Forums really are.

that music reviews are just as subjective as music itself

How to make THICC VEGAN SMOOTHIES

I don't know why this made me laugh so much

He taught me that women are the most decadent sluts since the fall of Rome.

Vegans can be big boys.

He taught me that melons can speak.

What were the most decadent sluts before the fall of Rome?

The gays.

How funny midwestern accents and mispronouncing words are

That their are mindless drones who need a magical bald meme master to tell them the music they like is good, or to get angry at said magical bald meme master when he doesn't like their music. He's either a sex doll or a punching bag for people.

wheres that tweet where he posts some angsty bullshit, some guy asks if hes ok, and he freaks out at him?

i think he's a symbol of what's wrong with music and the way music is spread online. between his pretentious vocabulary and unbearably shallow arguments, i think he's a real asshole, and i think that he does clearly have some audience (even if a lot of us hate him), and if he's influencing the trends of music in any way at all, we're fucking doomed.

99% of his tweets are obnoxious Sup Forums-tier shit

dudes a 30 year old man child

yeah i know someone should make a comp of him acting like a retard

also him freaking out on reddit that was funny

If you think anthony fantano is pretentious, you're probably a hyper sensitive and over pretentious ass pimple who deserves to have the top 40 blasting in their ear everytime they enter a car.

>on Sup Forums
>accusing someone else of being a man child

found it
twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/686024199983464449

absolutely. he talks about the entirety of music like a dumb kid.

i don't really like pop music, and he is definitely pretentious. confirmed hyper-sensitive dickhead though. but i still hate him

cool, doesn't change the fact that he's an obnoxious man child

also, if calling yourself "the internet's busiest music nerd" isn't pretentious, whether it's ironic or not, then i don't know what is. Fantano is cancer and we all know it

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 23

he probably shouldn't attempt to discuss politics when he gets his information from the likes of sargon

it made me laugh, but it's a bit sad at the same time. 30 is way too old to be discovering edgy youtube atheists and thinking they're insightful

kek what the fuck
was he being double secret ironic or what

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

I think this is from when he first uploaded his Sargon podcast and tried to red pill everyone. People were talking shit about him on his subreddit so he got extra sensitive about everything.

It's really retarded to claim anthony is pretentious. He's a really humble guy when it comes to his opinions. He always speaks from his own impressions and in his own voice. It's not like he calls any artist he doesn't like shit. He usually gives artists the benefit of the doubt, unless there's no hope of them making anything good. He uses a lot of technical terminology in music. That can come off as pretentious, but he's really not if you listen to him.

>Can't understand basic codes of conduct
>Calls another guy a manchild for not liking his music tastes

I don't know if he's pretentious or not, but he's pretty much the opposite of humble. He's sort of a dick, to be honest.

go to bed anthony

>can only argue in memetext
>changes the argument at his own personal whim

there's really no better way to show you have nothing valuable to say than this.

this is your last (You)

Can you give me any example of him being arrogant about his music tastes?

Well that sounds like something an overly emotional man child would say.

seconded

I don't really watch his music reviews and haven't for a long time. I'm not sure I'd say he's "humble" about his tastes, but more open to differing opinions. When it comes to politics, he shares the same hostility that his friends Sargon and Thunderf00t do. He can also be hostile and snarky on twitter or youtube comments.

go to bed tony

>too close minded
Him, or you? He's anything but close minded musically. He probably listens to more than most of the posters on this board ever will. There is a lot of music that he listens to and doesn't even review either.

Most people on this board hate him irrationally but I really like him. He's honestly opened my mind up to so many albums.

to not trust music critics cause they're opinions have no objective weight to them.

I'm shocked how many teenagers on this board get personally offended and defensive when Fantano is insulted.

Like, I expect this from Radiohead or Kanye fanboys or whatever, but these people choose to obsess with a fucking youtube vlogger.

I would honestly kill myself if I ever became this obsessed with a meme.

Is this an attack on me? I watch Fantano from time to time, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of him. His fan base that you see in the YouTube comments make me cringe to the max.

>I'm not a fan of his, I just got triggered by someone having a different opinion than me about a youtube memer
wew

>memer
>wew
>triggered
At least try and have a discussion like an adult instead of contradicting yourself.

You're not helping your case here kiddo.

see

you're not helping yourself kid

I didn't get offended. I don't care whether people enjoy his content or not. If anything the people that get worked up are the ones who so vehemently despise him and constantly post about him.

>What has Fantano taught YOU, Sup Forums?
He has taught me that I hate his smug face and would dearly like to cave it the fuck in with my doc martens.

>doc martens
feminist spotted

He taught me how god tier Death Grips is.

Other than that, I disagree with most of his non-DG reviews but I like him as a memer

His black wife got some saggy udders

Hi Anth

He looks like a prissy little bitch. I want to wipe that smug grin off his pasty white bald face.

You're post looks like a pathetic knee-jerk reaction to someone who simply doesn't hate fantano as much as you do, im not a fan of his, take that for what its worth

doc martens are what skinheads wear

haha what even

he's bigger than he looks

Say that to my face and not over the Internet

See what happens

He's a big guy?