Is this even news? Are there seriously people out there who still think Radiohead is relevant on a mainstream level...

Is this even news? Are there seriously people out there who still think Radiohead is relevant on a mainstream level? Of course two of the biggest pop stars in the world outsold them.

Fucking hell I don't mind some Radiohead but this "most important band of the century" meme needs to die.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/65393-drake-and-beyonce-beat-radiohead-on-billboard-album-chart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

#1 in the uk
that's the most they probably care about it

pitchfork.com/news/65393-drake-and-beyonce-beat-radiohead-on-billboard-album-chart/

The point of P4K doing this is to reinforce their "Black music is just flat out better, it IS 2016!" agenda

I don't ever remember seeing Pitchfork post a Billboard update of "__ beats ___ on Billboard chart"

They're doing this to show the two most popular black music being more relevant than what was once regarded as the greatest "rock" band of our era. They are not remotely subtle in their agenda anymore.

Imagine if P4Ks personal emails/docs leaked one day? I wonder if the numales who still follow them would even care when the forced agenda was spelled out right in front of them

>poptimists
>it's top chart, therefore it's better!

why is this allowed?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It's 2016. You don't like Beyonce and Drake? OK, dad. Go back to bed and listen to your Queen albums! You fucking loser, haha.

Sorry dad, gotta post this on /r/lewronggeneration, they'll love this

WHITES LOSE

ITS FUCKING OVER

WHITE PEOPLE ON SUICIDE WATCH

For Radiohead to be 3 on that chart is rather impressive. I thought AMSP would go unnoticed for the masses

President? Black
Top male artist? Black
Top female artist? Black
Top music among youth? Black music
Best athlete? Black
All major US cities? Blacks at least half of population

wew, America sounds great

you're fucking idiot op. you're right that it's not a surprise for drake and beyonce to chart higher, but #3 still easily qualifies for "relevant on a mainstream level"

Honestly, I wish white people would just be breeded out. White people have done nothing but ruin the world. Without oppressing POC, they've lost their stranglehold on the creative arts too. The sooner we breed out the white race, the sooner the world will stop suffering. I'm not saying like kill white people or anything, but I'd be fine with white men getting chemical castration and maybe PSAs urging white women to sleep with black men.

*snaps fingers*

truuu

CANCER Radiohead isnt even supposed to be in mainstream media the album is just up there cuase radiohead has gained lots of fans old and young. why does this even matter. and why do i care

>there are people who honestly believe Radiohead isn't a mainstream pop band.

Yeah, they're not One Direction or Ed Sheeran pop, but they're pop. Deal with it.

OP is talking out of his ass in terms of Radiohead's popularity, they are fucking huge. But only as big as an act of that kind could possibly be right now versus stuff like Beyonce and Drake. Yes, loads of normies like Radiohead, but it's not party music, which means you won't constantly hear it everywhere. This does not mean they are unpopular. Radiohead is a serious anomaly in the music industry.

nice bait

remove the bit about oppressing POC and losing their stranglehold on the creative hearts, and replace all instances of the word "black" with "white", and vice versa. Then your statement will be true

Both Drake and Beyonce are promoted and enforced more heavily than 100 Radioheads
At this point either of them falling into obscurity would be more surprising
I think radiohead is rubbish but it's a pointless competition

Radiohead are just followers, they did grungy alt-rock when that was in, they did indie emotional stuff when that was big, they did electronic crap while that was taking off in the mainstream, and now they're doing whatever the fuck this new album is supposed to be. I like some of their songs, and they are talented, but they pretend to be some groundbreaking band with their dumb marketing schemes when they're really just following the green dragon to whatever genre it leads.

I'm not saying Drake and Beyonce are better, just that literally no one should be surprised they outsold Radiohead

What type of music do you suppose they should have made instead?

there is a part where you are wrong and that part is where you don't realize that they are literally just making whatever type of music Thom Yorke is into at a certain time

And his tastes just happen to coincide with current trends?
Black Metal, duh

This. Rock music is stale and Radiohead is the last dying fart of an embarrassingly out of touch genre. Hip hop and pop music is the future of music and ground breaking artists like Kanye, Drake and Beyonce just get it. You'll always have a few angry white dudes who "rebel" against the changing tides in the music scene but they're becoming more and more rare. Give it five or ten years and people will look back at a band like Radiohead with great embarrassment, like some of the cheesier pop acts from the 80s.

Get over it grandpa, Radiohead is dead, rock music is shit. People these days aren't as racist and close minded as you are.

Who is this semen demon

yeah don't you hate it when people like music at certain times

Real Non racists practice white guilt with taste about it
the Sup Forums "let's lynch and ban them" crowd are right about the Dindu Nation's "culture"

why are white people's eyes so close together? is it the inbreeding? i think that's what makes their music so shitty too.

Pitchforks agenda, like 99% of publications, is to make money.

Pitchfork doesn't give a shit about political statements, they give a shit about sensationalist headlines like the one everyone here is raging about.

You got angry, you shared this on Sup Forums, someone else will share it on facebook, another on reddit. The clickbait article gets thousands and thousands of hits, the advertisers are happy, pitchfork knows that they can make more clickbait articles in the future because it's a proven success.

You're playing into this shit so hard and you can't even see it. Does pitchfork make you rage this much? Just stop typing their address into your address bar.

>white guilt meme
spotted the racist!

don't worry, when all these out of touch white rockers die, new generations of white kids will listen to the real innovative music

no Mr Nu'Male McNohair
your bait is now invalid move on

>Radiohead
>rock

Not what I was saying in this post
(You)
but year sure, if you say so, spoken word over the same five beats is obviously the future
/fuckin retard

holy shit Sup Forums gets triggered by black artists outselling memerock

I was just denouncing radiohead for being boring, I'm also saying that most rap is just as boring and repetitive. Not taking sides here mang, why's it gotta be bout race my strong african brother?

what a baseless assumption I love rap and radiohead you twat, idk what you are trying to prove here. Its very obvious beyonce and Drake are much bigger names nowadays thus make a more successfully selling album. Does that make them better artist? No its all subjective anyways

it tells us that the youth are interested in technical skill, innovation and topical lyrics. radiohead don't appeal to anyone but old racists who cling to this idea that rock music is inherently "better" than hip hop. you guys look just as silly as those old grandpas who raged at their kids listening to rock music.

deal with it, music evolved, improves over time. there's a reason rock music died and frankly it should stay dead

Um, wat? You need to get off that crack cocaine sonny boy.

>sweep all blame to side, they're just trying to make money!!!

Fuck off.

Kendrick lamar is one of my current favorite artist right now, and how sheep minded are you to base whats good on what sells the most?!?!?!?

i don't get it, was anyone really expecting them to be triumph over popstars in terms of sales or popularity?

also, popularity or lack of =/= quality/influence/"importance"

Blame them for being a shitty, sensationalist click baiting site.

Or you could visit it daily, get triggered by a race baiting headline and tell everyone how you don't agree with whatever position they've manufactured for you take.

Up to you.

and yet you still listen to rock music, which is pretty much archaic at this point

it's like forcing yourself to use an old text computer when smart phones exist

again, rock is dead. no innovation. no talent. pop music is amazing, artistic, deep and meaningful, doing things never imagined in the history of music. it's really quite amazing to see what these artists are capable of. it's revolutionary, really, im fucking happy to be alive now

LOL I can't even tell if you are trolling me at this point. Did you even listen to radioheads new album? I'd barley even call it a "rock" album for whatever defines it as one. Care to share some innovative music so I too can be enlightened? cunt.

I believed you were srs until this post.

>pop and rock are the only genres in the world
>fashion obsessed teenagers are a good way to evaluate music
>a genre is inherently better than another solely because it sells better and it's made by a specific ethnic group
This is supposed to be a board for people that understand and like music