Preforming thread

Does anyone actually play shows here?

I ended up being so terrified I couldn't even play properly when I did last night. I ended up holding my breath for the entirety of a 40 second guitar solo cause I was so nervous

Other urls found in this thread:

evenoxen.bandcamp.com
mega.nz/#!s00jQI4K!m9K3kSWjred2AS4O0PcF0wMoYFqixAWFKgLW3sP0Tgo
mega.nz/#!cg9nzDgB!-mAriRE4GuQgsn6Pn3ykCguFSD_s6B99lXHO_GXGvkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It gets better. Just practice a lot. Then, before or during the show, drink a decent amount. That will kill your nerves and you'll have a lot more fun.

The practice will make it so you don't fuck up

Invite some friends to the show

Totally agree with
It's good to loosen up and just have fun with it but most importantly be prepared. So long as you've material that you've rehearsed it should be fine. My first show I blanked for a minute on stage and didn't say a word. It was dreadful.

Btw, if you're in North Carolina or Virginia come see us this weekend. Could use the support.

evenoxen.bandcamp.com

You do sin regardless if you go out of your way to do it friends.

Do not disrespect the Lord and break His pure heart.

Most shows will suck until you practice a fuckload, and even then. But there will come that one show where you finnaly just break through the past mistakes. It can only come if you make those past mistakes, doe

You posted in another thread the other day.
Really liked your album, listened to it like 4 or 5 times. Keep the good work

Nah I'm in brooklyn sorry

Thanks user, I try only to shill where it's appropriate but it's still often. Am really glad to hear posts like these because it pushes me to get even better.

I don't really get nervous at shows but I'd rather mess up infront of strangers than my friends

I'm dyspraxic so me playing sober is like most people playing drunk already so alcohol is really a no go for me

Some other user here, can I get lyrics for the songs from somewhere? I love Christian music and from the few songs I've heard your album is pleasant to hear.

Bpfbpbpt, nevermind, there's literally a lyrics option right next to tracks, I don't use bandcamp very often.

kekkle

Glad you found it on your own man. Hope you enjoy the not so pleasant tracks as well. Hopefully OP won't mind if I ask but what are some of your favorite albums?

Why would I mind?

Because it doesn't help you out with your original question. If it helps, at least it means more bumps

Christian: Orthodox chants/singing, choirs and alike. Some hymns like Rejoice O Bethany, and Totus Tuus and Agnus Dei (of New College Choir) are my favourite.

Secular: Eddie Marcon - Shining on Graveposts, James Blackshaw - Sunshrine (although he's a Christian, it's instrumental guitar music), Natural Snow Buildings - DotMatS and so on.

Nice, now I have some new artists to get around to also. The Dance of the Moon and Sun is GOAT Natural Snow Buildings

stop fucking spamming this board with your attention whoring.

this is a fucking ANONYMOUS image board you retard.

If you like Shining on Graveposts, check out Cotton Smoke [綿の煙の招待状], it's equally as good and a lot more cheerful/happy.

Calm down buddy, this board is literally for sharing music.

Did you know that anonymous wasn't always the default when moot created Sup Forums? Apparently the transition took some time to get into. Anyways, you make a fine point but no thanks. There's a filter option though, feel free to make use of that instead.

Who cares you sad cunt

I played a folk show with my band the other nght but it fell apart due to our drummer being drunk af, as usual. Gonna quit.

Oh cool, when I saw the description on discogs I was worries it would be one of those albums that was incredibly expensive and rare but they have copies going for $10. Thanks m8

There should be free-downloads on the archive, or on rutracker (and obviously on what.cd if you have an account). If you can't find them let me know and I can upload them for you, if you like them enough after listening you can buy them if you like.

If you really don't mind I'd actually appreciate the upload.

Alrighty, give me a few minutes or ten.

how does one know which syrup has codeine (without asking)? i don't live america.

Sure thing man. While we're waiting, what are your thoughts on pic related? It stands as my favorite album ever since I found it here three years ago

>how does one know which syrup has codeine (without asking)? i don't live america.
It has, by law, to be written in the bottle

Sorry took a while, megaupload isn't what it used to be.

Shining on Graveposts: mega:///#!xg9UxaDJ!Wq1GlVjO5SxLeBaD26OGWkXdaFs4hV4MdQYKXaaKWbE
Cotton Smoke: mega.nz/#!s00jQI4K!m9K3kSWjred2AS4O0PcF0wMoYFqixAWFKgLW3sP0Tgo
Sunshrine: mega.nz/#!cg9nzDgB!-mAriRE4GuQgsn6Pn3ykCguFSD_s6B99lXHO_GXGvkw

I haven't listened to it unfortunately, I'll check it out.

I'll be sure to d/l when I get on my computer. If you ever get around to listening to the Christ Tree, let me know your thoughts. I'm always posting in /daily/ so it's not hard to find me. Plus they love artists like Natural Snow Buildings.

Anyways, thanks again, much appreciated.

Op here

I was preforming with a music performance group, I'm kind of fed up with the majority of the people there, how do you find members to join a band though cause I feel that if I was more comfortable with the other members of the group I'd do better

Will do, God bless.

Do you think there's anyway you could learn to like those members? Trained musicians are not always easy to come around and it's definitely much easier to set aside differences to learn to enjoy their company instead of finding new relationships and cultivsting that

They never practise and drive me crazy like they don't actually give a shit about the whole music thing at all

Mm yeah, I can see why that would bother you. Remember how I said trained musicians are hard to come by? This still applies because a musician may be skilled but a trained one actually does what you're wishing they would.

In that case, I'd suggest you start playing like a mad man, waiting for other musicians to approach you or just visiting local shows and making connections with musicians. Most likely they know others who are interested in making a band even if they themselves are currently taken

I played guitar when I was 19. Shows have never been a good experience for me. Before one of them, I was so nervous that I barely could speak and I puked like 3 times. I quit playing shows after that.

I think you have to be a little bit retarded to be a good showman. Or very proud of your music. If you are not retarded enough to enjoy showing your inner self in front of 100+ people, maybe you can get drunk but i'm not sure it really works.