It is a good day to visit Aldi

It is a good day to visit Aldi

Other urls found in this thread:

dfhk.fi/fi/ajankohtaista/single-view/artikel/saksalaisella-aldilla-ei-suunnitelmia-suomen-suhteen-1/?cHash=b04998cc28ad57dc059901c27971443a
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People have American-themed food over there?

>Lidl

Damn son. I'm going to go get a German Sausage from Walmart to honor this

That burger sauce is godly

Thank you, USA!

Doesn't matter how many times I see this, it still feels weird.

>hamburger sauce
Is that Thousand Island

it's literally just mayonaise with ketchup if I remember correctly, my grandma had it once
the other one is literally just danish remoulade

It still tastes good

Oh say can you seee

Why not just use mayonaise and ketchup then

Do Euros not pull their pork?

Anybody cooking right now as this thread is going?

I'm always curious as to how "legit" our international isles are

Can't find any good pics though

I'm cooking some fried chicken and mashed potatoes

I don't know I don't buy that shit lol

>Germans go to ALDI to buy American shit
>I go to ALDI to buy German shit

that feel when ALDI is a place of cultural exchange

I think it's mostly old ladies who buy that stuff to get something different after decades of shopping
Pulled pork is neat though

This is true. I've never had it from a package I bought at the store though. I don't think I've ever seen it like that. Must be convenient.
>tfw live 5 minute walk from restaurant with pulled pork, beef brisket, etc.

>not getting it delivered and tipping 20 dollars
that's not very free of you

I'm not sure they even offer delivery, and if they do it's probably not with booze. Anyway, if I get it delivered then the waiter doesn't get a tip. :/

>if I get it delivered then the waiter doesn't get a tip. :/
You'll go to american hell man

Fug, no more beef brisket?

>eating beef brisket on anything but a shitty hamburger bun
Not authentic enough

I am "cooking" a frozen pizza bought from Lidl

Got a tater tot casserole in the oven right now, needs a few more minutes to crisp up. Need to use the rest of the ground beef for spaghetti pizza

>BIG APPLE CRUMBLE

What the fuck is a beef brisket?

I wanted to make a spaghetti sauce with eggplant, creme fraiche, lots of mushrooms, chicken and red peppers today
Alas it shall be done tommorrow

he gets it

Put a layer of cheese over top for a hearty as hell meal

But why the beef in the name?

kek

>McEnnedy American Way Crisps
Extremely triggered

At least three of those items are British.

i bought some "american" McEnnedy icecream from lidl once, it was actually bretty good

>crisps

America is itself a brand.

It always triggers yanks to see that items are just invented and as long as it has bbq sauce and corn it is labelled as American.

That is what they were named when they were invented here centuries ago, why is this so challenging for you?

England is America

I wouldn't know, I only go to aldi

we call them chips so it specificallly made to trigger you

The Statue of Liberty on the bag, the implication of an American-style product, and the word crisps triggered me.

We invented them you faggot

>No Aldi in Funland
I don't feel the fun

>buying aldi beer
that shit is 19ct/0.5 litres over here and it tastes just like that

It's weird because we call them chips, I think they called them crisps because it sounds more english than chips, which we actually use

CRISPS
R
I
S
P
S

God save the LIDL

It was $6 for a six-pack so I got it on a whim.

Does marke mean brand in German? It does in Russian

I just looked it up and actually an Englishman invented them He was gay though and had sex with men so...

why is that guy just peeing in the middle of the street

It does

You invented them before the recipe found in the 14th century cookbook Forme of Cury?

Just how retarded are Americans?

Interesting, I keep noticing some common vocabulary, although they're probably just loanwords. For example they also say kartoshka and patroni (bullets)

You have to stop with your monopolies then dfhk.fi/fi/ajankohtaista/single-view/artikel/saksalaisella-aldilla-ei-suunnitelmia-suomen-suhteen-1/?cHash=b04998cc28ad57dc059901c27971443a

Me on the bottom right.

English is a Germanic language

Brisket is a cut of beef, from the chest of a cow. In American barbecue, brisket is traditionally rubbed with spices or marinated then smoked. Pic related.

i am disappointed in aldi. they should culturally enrich you and not rip you off

I'm not triggered by the branding of America. Every country has that happen to them from Irish beer to Chilean wine, and America pretty much encourages it. The triggering part is simply that the product is an imitation of American culture but uses British English

Huh? I know that dude I'm talking about (lexical) similarities between German and Russian

We need someone from the outside to come and stop it, because we've tried like 30 years now.
They're too deep in the system. LIDL just grew into it. They got a share and now they're happy.

people lean british english in school but still want to eat the shit they see in hollywood movies. so it makes sense

Oh I see. My cousin is a Russian translator for the NSA. It's apparently very difficult to learn.

>The triggering part is simply that the product is an imitation of American culture but uses British English

Well it serves you right. You reap what you sow.

>chili beef flavor potato chips

MY FUCKING DICK

Is that microwaved pulled pork?

Yeah it's called English.

Why is it called English when it was invented in America?

yea

My international isle tends to have food snacks actually imported from the country, but I don't have any real picture

Sounds like a pretty interesting job, certainly moreso than any of my relatives.

Yes, it is actually pretty hard to learn for non-slavic speakers, but like all things you will find a way to learn it if you really love it, which I personally do.

this

isn't pulled pork latin-american?

Pulled pork is a staple of American barbecue.

>Supermarkets here always have a mexican section but rarely a USA section
>The USA section if it exists will be 4-5 items of shitty sacks catering for expats

kek the USA is truly a cultural wasteland.

That was the 19th century, plus the new world and potatoes hadn't been discovered yet in the 14th century.

Ours always has a specific import label, have you checked for those?