Does Animal Collective suck live?

Do they? Recently I have been encountering evidence that they are, in fact,a shitty live band. Post evidence to support this or your own conclusion.

kind of sucky:
youtu.be/yqQ7tU26Q6E?t=58
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr9ohron-U

Let it be known that I generally hold Animal Collective in really high esteem and love their studio recordings

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DzPhxYg0P-g
youtube.com/watch?v=rzVOpJGW9bg
youtube.com/watch?v=M2iafMQW3zE
youtube.com/watch?v=agrftzylZtg
youtube.com/watch?v=orR8uHBYaMk
youtube.com/watch?v=KiSwGbv4QUg
youtube.com/watch?v=HWlHtiF0IN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the Brighton Performance was bad
It's not great but it's interesting
Also I saw them live and they mostly played shit from PW and I was still blown away

not always. Some songs they don't perform very well but look further and they actually have some great performances.

They've been known to not always be perfect vocalists. I've seen my share of shitty video performances. I did manage to catch them live in Seattle a few months back and they fucking blew it out of the water. Went back and watched my cellphone videos to see, and they legitimately nailed it.

So I guess they can be hit or miss.

don't watch live videos of them playing on youtube you fucking ingrate
watch their actual live show then you'll get it
loch raven and daily routine are so beautiful on this tour

From my understanding they can be hit or miss. They released two live recordings from their favorite performances on the PW tour on their bandcamp if you want to listen to those.

Do you think they were totally nakey for this photo shoot?

I saw them live 3 weeks ago and they sucked, (too bassy, bad vocal mixing, bad mixing in general, mediocre synth sounds) that being said i wasn't high and i was at the back, someone up front i talked to loved them.

if the Brighton Performance doesn't entertain the shit out of you you have issues

I'd love to have seen them live around this time
youtube.com/watch?v=DzPhxYg0P-g

youtube.com/watch?v=rzVOpJGW9bg

Loch Raven triggered my roommate's first acid flashback.

Brighton performance was fucking grea, but if your looking for more conventional great ones they have some acoustic sets on KEXP that are conventionally good.
also this
youtube.com/watch?v=M2iafMQW3zE

Plus theyre new live shows they're vocals are pretty great since they do it exactly like in the album which is very interesting to watch.

Went to watch on a whim and daily routine was great

The rest was shit though, but I haven't liked any albums since mpp anyway

Saw them in Los Angeles a couple months ago and they kinda did suck. Maybe it's because I checked out some Feels/Jam era shows and expected something like that. They basically were DJs and sat there the entire time.

I'd give anything to see this AnCo live tho
youtube.com/watch?v=agrftzylZtg

>the crowd looks so fucking bored

kek

That one is brillant

Saw them less than a week ago. They were incredible. Honestly the best show I've ever been to.

i saw them live in 2008, it was quite good better than people say

the best live acts are plebby metal and rock bands, try it and see

youtube.com/watch?v=orR8uHBYaMk
Catched them in Paris, they were awesome

saw them recently and they were okay - the songs were hit and miss. some sounded great, others didn't.

i did see panda on his pbvsgr tour and was honestly stunned by how good it was. his voice sounded much better and the songs really benefited from being able to breathe and expand.

youtube.com/watch?v=KiSwGbv4QUg

lol wtf

nu-males splain yourselves

jesus christ what happened to his voice in this performance?

Saw them in DC last week. Not every song performs well live but many do. They aren't the best vocalists either.

In my experience, they're sort of 50/50. You're either going to get a beautiful experience or a drunken mess. They're like Modest Mouse in that way.

It seems this way to me, some of their songs just don't lend themselves to live performance I guess

They're still performing Alvin Row live ? Why the fuck did they not do that at the show that I saw ?

holy fuck he has returned

This is incredible

youtube.com/watch?v=HWlHtiF0IN0

Yes they did, it is my favorite song, I was fucking blessed

that high pitched squeal was pretty heinous. don't get me wrong, it was beautiful and melancholic, but until I popped in my plugs it was pretty heavy on my ears.

I can't watch it without cringing because it sounds like a guy getting assfucked, and it's not about my dirty thoughts, it just sounds this way.