Why does Sup Forums hate him so much

why does Sup Forums hate him so much

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship/gwaup-tyle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's annoying when people circlejerk over mediocrity

cause Sup Forums hates everything popular and hates everything black even more.

They call him memerap.

And then nobody ever clarifies what exactly memerap is, besides that they've made a meme by calling it memerap.

the next kanye

who ?

Then explain why so many people here love Kanye

its like everyone woke up one morning and decided he was going to be the next big thing even though he is pretty mediocre

The definition of memerap is pretty clear; it's hip hop that's appreciated by high schoolers for its incessant repetition both of music, theme, and slang, celebrity image, and endlessly quoted lines rather than actual talent.

Granted, the entire genre of hip hop falls under this category, but that's because all successful hip hop artists are inherently untalented memes.

We don't love Kanye; that's just plebs from r/hiphopheads and Sup Forums crossposting.

>hates everything black even more.

this is only a recent phenomenon

t. been here since 08

I don't know mate, Kendrick Lamar is pretty good

To be fair, blacks have become incredibly obnoxious in the past decade or so.

are you kidding? look in any Kanye thread and it's filled with people saying he's a talentless hack "meme rapper" or whatever

see?

I blame Trump memes and Sup Forums cross posters.

Chance, acid rapper, soccer, hacky sacker
Cocky khaki jacket jacker
Slap-happy faggot slapper
Iraqi rocket launcher
Shake that Laffy Taffy, jolly raunchy rapper
Bang, bang, bang - skeet, skeet, skeet
She do that thing for three retweets
The album feel like '92
Now take that ball 'fore he three-peat
Chance, ho, acid head, cruising on that LSD
Asked Joseph about my deal
He looked back said "hell yeah, let's eat!"

This shit my favorite song, you just don't know the words
But I still fuck with you, you just ain't never heard
It go like: count that stack, pop that cap then down that Jack
All my niggas hit that zan, and all my ladies bounce that back
This my jam, this my jam, this my jam, this my jam
I'm 'bout that jam, I'm 'bout that jam, I'm 'bout that jam, I'm 'bout that jam
This my jam, this my jam, this my jam, this my jam
I'm 'bout that jam, I'm 'bout that jam, I'm 'bout that jam, I'm bout that jam

Young Rascal Flatts - young ass kid ass could rap
Fuck all the faculty, tobacco-packing acrobat
Back-to-back packin' bags back and forth with fifths of Jack and
Fourths of weed, I'm back to pack on hands
With young Cletus to pat my back
Real nigga with a nose ring, that's right
Just here to rap them songs
Rag on my hair, wrap weed in Vegas, rockin' Vagabonds
Sang a song, oh you don't know? What?
Well, I still bang with you
Hang with you, sip drank with you
As long as I can sang with you like

Literally it's because he's getting major attention now, also the whole "memerap" shit that plagued Sup Forums in 2013-14. People liked him when he dropped Acid Rap.

Yeah, but the fact that there are Kanye threads says something.

Theme; Musicians do tend to stick to a few themes so I don't see that holding up.

Slang; changes over time so I don't see what you mean, unless you mean what, using slang at all? What are you too slow to use context clues?

Celebrity image; yeah I can see that (looks at Kanye).

Endlessly quoted lines rather than actual talent; clarification please?

I don't know about Sup Forums but I personally hate him because
>his voice is annoying
>his lyrics are cringy
>he has a legion of teenage stans who always go on about how 'deep' his shitty music is
>he gets hype despite being mediocre as fuck

bc i don't like christian hip-hop

RUNNING THRU THE 6 WITH MY WOES
NA NA NA NA
I JUST FUCKED UR BITCH WITH SOME GUCCI FLIP FLOPS
SHEESH
STRAIGHT UP LA FLARE
WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME
I GOT BROADS IN ATLANTA

He is definitely more talented than Meme Ferraro that only Sup Forums neckbeards know about. He makes real songs with some kind of message, he isn't genius or new coming of jesus, but at least he does mean something unlike Ferraro and his white noise music.

yeah it says that he's one of the most popular and critically acclaimed artists of all time. no shit there's going to be threads about him.

His message is overwhelmingly positive, modest, and successful.

Sup Forums is largely made up of nihilistic, egotistical savages.

Jeez Sup Forums you shits, stop calling things "meme X". Ridiculous.
Also Special is a sweet song, I like Chance's heart. Album is still overhyped, but it's good at what it does.

This.

Sup Forums is filled with depressed neckbeards who tend to find some obscure shitty artist and praise him so high because then for once in their life they feel superior over those who listen other genres of music.
Chance may not be genius, but he is at least as talented as these ambient and vaporwave so called music makers.

>I like chance's heart

People who aren't into chance are turned off by this strange stan behavior that his fans exhibit

I WAS definitely a fan of Chance but he seems to have reduced himself to trying to reproduce the success of Acid Rap, which was a superior mixtape. I enjoy his message, but his delivery is fucked. He's annoying, arrogant, and not as good as he thinks he is. His ONE ad lib is really grating after repeated listens, he's very bubble gum, and has no depth or struggle apparent in any of his songs besides Acid Rain. The song that made me check him out was Acid Rain, and Acid Rap pleasantly surprised with how different it was, and how varied the emotions were.

This new mixtape seems content in pseudo-christian posturing (Features with Kanye "I am a God" West, 2 "big booty" chainz, and Dwayne "beat the pussy like Emmett Till" Carter) and bubble gum trite. His gospel has no soul, and his melody has no pain. I'm ALL for positive music, but not delivered in such a way. He's too corny in his SOUND. His delivery is either that slim shady speak-flow or yelling in the rhythm of an unskilled jazz trumpeter. Chance is too into himself and the sound of his voice to say anything of importance.

no chance makes music for upper middle class white teens
nu-male rap

he is garbage.

T.black male

>I GOT BROADS AND A FANTA
fixed

why are all these rappers doing christian stuff now
is this the new meme

>I blame Trump memes

>experienced Chicago gang and police violence first hand
>god is so great you guys, accept Jesus into your hearts

Chance is delusional. At least Kanye isn't so overt and blunt when it comes to his faith.

never liked him, he is a shit tier danny brown

>the free will of man
>somehow affects God's greatness according to philosopher user

also
>people who lived worse lives than you
>have faith
>"lol what delusional people with their beliefs and what not"

>t. uncle tom

>Kanye "I am a God" West
>even though I'm a man of God
Are you seriously going to judge someone's entire character from a song lyric? Jesus, artists can never change their sounds without being crucified. Chance never was a lyricist, but a poet with a good ear for sound design. Half of his songs are basically incoherent nonsense, but the juxtaposition of the production combined with how versatile and animated his voice is, IS what gained him his stans. And honestly, in my own opinion, I like his more abstract, eclectic style of writing more than his lyrical songs.

>Whats good good, and what's good evil?
>And whats good gangstas, and what's good people?

>Sun don't shine in shade, bird can't fly in a cage
>Even when somebody go away, the feelings really don't go away
>That's just the wave

>mfw i thought this was satire and it's actual real

to answer your question, because he's fucking annoying. he tries to sound like a retard when rapping, i hate his random yelps throughout songs, i hate his wanna be mf doom internal rhymes

>his message is modest and successful
what does this even mean? also fuck positive rap

also Sup Forums loves a shitload of artists who are super mainstream. take kanye. super successful, black rapper who actually makes good fucking music

Here comes ktt

do you dickriders have to defend every action that man does

Fact of the matter is no real christian declares himself a god, as that's about the worst thing you can do, in terms of speaking. The man posed with a crown of thorns. He's fake. He even said he sold his soul to the devil, whether or not it was a "metaphor" its not something a real honest-to-god Christian would say.

I like how you used the word "crucified" too, further ingraining his deification in your psyche.

I'm actually judging him beyond that, though. Nice try senpai. He talks about fucking bitches, doing drugs, party lifestyle, all of which are contrary to Christian beliefs and very much anti-christian.

I also like how you defend Kanye yet both 2 chainz and Wayne do the exact same thing.

Memerap is rap that gets popular online. Thats it. Like a MEME.

This is completely incorrect

Sounds like people who love the beetles desu

>Thinking I'm defending Kanye instead of musical artists as a whole
I just used that example because he literally elaborates on it on the following line. He doesn't think he's a literal god, but an elevated consciousness, ala Pro Era indigo bullshit. Also, Kanye is new age Prince and likes to do controversial shit, I wouldn't be surprised is he's a narcissist that gets off on the free irl (You)s. That's completely beside the point anyways, which you also missed. Song lyrics do not explicitly define an artists mindset or intentions, especially in a genre like rap where braggadocio is a part of the culture. Also, why does living a hedonistic lifestyle stop someone from being a believer in God, isn't Christianity about forgiveness, redemption and teaching others though personal testimonies? I ask this as an atheist, because you sound full of shit.

Good shit user
*insert fedora pic to discredit your point but not making any real point myself*

It doesn't stop them from being a believer, it makes them a bad one. They're called backsliders. He's influencing millions that it's okay to live a carnal lifestyle and be a man of God which is simply not try to he tenants of Christianity. I know something any Christian would agree on is declaring yourself a God is completely opposed to everything that is Christianity, not to mention completely stupid. This is akin to saying "fuck God, but I believe in him" chance proves how much he believes in God by showing the people he allows on his mixtape. Young thug a man who talks about murdering people, fornication, doing drugs. Wayne and 2 chainz who glorify the same thing. Kanye who glorifies carnality and idol worship of himself. I'm not full of shit, it's just mainstream Christianity has been sold to you so you believe these men can represent it well, when they clearly can't

i think most of Sup Forums likes him or did at one point and its a similar to phenomenon to how /lit/ shits on kurt vonnegut

>He's influencing millions that it's okay to live a carnal lifestyle and be a man of God
So you are full of shit. Any time an artist talks about their faith in God, people are internalizing it and tossing out everything they know about their religion and taking it at pure face value? Do you really think people who believe in God can't think for themselves while enjoying music at the same time? It's like you completely ignored my post and started typing this as soon as you saw a reply. Once again, but a bit broader this time, an artists mindset is NOT explicitly conveyed through their art. The point of art is to evoke a desired response, and the music these specific artists create do just that, but it does not define who they are as people. This is hip-hop, people are going to talk about hip-hop things in their music, big fucking deal, just stop listening to it. But that fact that you believe Christians are easily swayed by what are basically pop starts shows more about your own faith in Christianity than anyone else. You should be the last person to place judgement on someone, matter of fact, I would even say a typical Christan rapper would have better judgement since they actually lived a hedonistic lifestyle and can give a proper testimony.

TL;DR: Hip-hop has been fronting since NWA, and you're a dumbass.

Key word: influencing

It's almost like your blind adoration of Yeezus has put all of your mental faculties on hold.You can't make the connection that famous people influence people to do things all. the. fucking. time. And cultures are based around mimicry of others, what is and isn't acceptable, etc. You gone on about MUH ART but you can't see the forest for the trees. Whether or not it's genuine artistic expression, it's influencing behavior. Why do you think there's people buying 100 dollar kanye white t shirts? why do you think people pay so much for Jordans? It's like you're so fucking enamored with your own words you can't quite get it through your head that people aren't always individuals in their actions, and will likely listen to others to lead. Way to attack my character and my "faith in christianity" (although I never once claimed to be, just said that Kanye is anti-christian in actions and influence).

Also
>This is hip hop, people are going to talk about hip-hop things

You are normalizing that by claiming "It just be hip hop, maaan". A rapper can EASILY, EASILY not talk about fucking bitches and partying, plenty don't. You just justify it because once again your own lack of individuality allows others to take the lead and determine to YOU what is allowed. Let's get to the point: Kanye claims to be a christian, yet does a bunch of things that are not christian. Kanye is a celebrity, this means he has a platform and a vast audience to witness his behavior. Some people like Kanye, and people mimic celebrities I.E. "That shit cray" Remember that? A whole new phrase added to white's vernacular because of Kanye. You really think it's a stretch to say people will mimic what they hear in rap songs? women obsess over kardashian, some follow her and mimic her. Think of tyler the creator's vast army of clones that try to act like him. You REALLY aren't using your rational thinking here, and instead resorting to the emotional side and the artsy, focusing on MUH ART instead of concrete facts. Humans mimic others, and their idols, welcome to fucking sociology 101. Am I saying EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN who listens to it is gonna be like "oh that's okay, now!" No. Obviously fucking not. But some will, and THAT is enough to say Kanye isn't a good representation of Christianity.

Sup Forums loved him up until he started getting really popular right after Sunday Candy was released. It's fucking ridiculous. Sup Forums is literally a place where contrarians can circlejerk their hatred of popular things.

Why do chance fans whine so much? Been listening to him a lot I suppose

I loved Sunday Candy. This mixtape is trash (it's really like a 5)

>I know something any Christian would agree on is declaring yourself a God is completely opposed to everything that is Christianity

>Psalm 82:6: I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most high

You seem like a really obnoxious Christian of the evangelic type. Humorless bastard.

Yeezus will forgive.

III. Ps 82:6 in Jewish Midrash. The emphasis in John 10:35 is not on Jesus, the preexistent Word, but on "those to whom the word of God came," who are called “gods.”

Lol. That is all.

Had to retype this now that I saw your second post. Normal practicing Christians do not look to Kanye or really any celebrity as a source of religious teaching. Regardless of what you pull out of your ass, living in the Bible Belt for 10 years taught me that true Christians that actually attend church and pay tides are not as easily swayed by music artists as you say, especially Kanye West of all fucking people. I mean, shit of course POP CULTURE is going to be easily influence by POP STARS, but to say they have significant religious power as well is just totally ridiculously and untrue. Look at what happened when John Lennon opened his mouth all these years ago, saying pop stars influence religion is an absolute lie. So saying these people are a bad representation of Christianity is pointless.

Now listen one more time instead of sperging out. These people are talking about their own personal religion in their music, not yours. And I am normalizing it because that's what hip-hop is since it's inception. Just because you don't like it means that others lack individuality, it's celebration of the genre as a whole as it's origins as party music where the lyrics were literally ad-libed after thoughts. Even most backpacker artists make dumb party songs all the time. Look at K. Dot, he can go from something poignant like Untitled 3 to LEVITATE LEVITATE within the same album. Welcome to the genre.

Okay so you're just delusional and completely in denial.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Also
>MUH ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE

Not that you have an argument to stand on.

Let me just hammer in a couple more nails in your arguments coffin here.

MOLLY MOLLY MOLLY. Remember that song?

Remember how rappers were talking about that a couple of years and how it got REALLY cool to do? Remember how a bunch of people tried it?

Celebrities influencing people's behavior, what an ASININE concept.

What argument do you even have? Are you seriously saying that religion is easily as influence as pop culture? Jesus this has nothing to do with my original post either. Christians are not as stupid as you think.

I never said that. Thanks for also clearing up you have trouble with reading comprehension.

I like ur reaction image :^) good meme

Yes you did, matter of fact, that's what this entire argument is about. No shit rappers influence pop culture, they have clothing lines, they buy expensive shit and flex on instagram, big whoop. But the basis for this entire conversation is that rappers influence other's perception of religion, which is completely untrue.

And that wasn't even my original point, but for some reason you took the conversation to a completely different tangent.

Also, I'm glad you like it, have another user.

One your question didn't even make sense

>Are you saying that religion is easily as influence as pop culture?

Wat

Also
>MUH ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE PROVES YOU WRONG!!!

cause they hate god senpai

This!

Sounds like you're the one who lacks basic reading comprehension if you can understand a simple question.

Now first off, musical artists can definitely affect pop culture, but they can not change someone's religious beliefs. You complain about my anecdotal evidence but have failed to bring valid evidence supporting your own argument. Since I'm not you and don't know who you are, I trust my own anecdotal evidence more than some guy on Sup Forums pulling shit out of his ass.

Secondly, this current conversation has nothing to do with what I posted at all. Who gives a fuck what Kanye influences, all I said was
>Are you seriously going to judge someone's entire character from a song lyric?
which you somehow spun into some bullshit into how he's brainwashing Christians. So right now, I'm in an argument about something I don't give a shit about just because I mentioned Kanye West expressing himself as a artist.

Lastly, I don't give a shit about Kanye West, I came to talk about Chano

Also, please only respond to me if it actually has something to do with the thread, your argument is pointless and not worth reading unless it pertains to the topic at hand, ie. Chance the Rapper

>they can not change someone's religious beliefs

Watch this

>Fornication is wrong
>"okay" says the believer
>Movies show that it's normal
>tv shows that it is normal
>Music says that it is normal
>people you know say that it's normal
>"well gee I guess if everyone else is doing it"

This has ACTUALLY happened in society. Premarital sex has gone up, even among believers, and despite your anecdotal evidence, this is a fact. People like Kanye say
>hey I'm a christian
>but even I do it
and now the christian doesnt feel as bad about it

Can you put two and two together? Apparently not because I could not make this any more simple if I wanted to. I'm not pulling "shit out of my ass". This is FACTUAL. This is REALITY.

You whined about me "judging his character" and I proved my original point; Chance recruiting very clearly ANTI-christian rappers for verses means he's not being the high and mighty man of God he claims to be.

This is good, this is where the man taps out because he knows he's lost and tries to change the subject.

Memerap for me is songs that go viral over one or two lyrics. ie. Hit da quan, whip the nae nae etc.

The Bible was filled with fornicators and murderers who were forgiven and chosen by God

Yeah but they also didn't run around after finding God telling millions

HEY GUYS AINT FORNICATION SO GREAT LETS GO DO DRUGS!!!!!

>telling me I changed the subject when you coerced me into an argument unrelated to the thread
Also, nice evidence you got there. Guess I'll disregard my own beliefs and teachings and take it as pure fact since I read it on Sup Forums. You know, like every Christian out there apparently. You win the argument my good sir, congratulations. Now I'm going to stop replying out of shame.

Jesus was a fucking beta ass bitch who got owned by some romans.
Also his dad was a cuck, jesus is a cuck baby,

he's shit, black, popular and happy. perfect storm of things Sup Forums hates

No, you contested my original point with your whining about "artist's can never change sounds without being judged :(((((" And I eviscerated your whole point. If you want evidence google is your friend but I guess I forgot you need to be spoonfed everything

Memerap is rap stuck in the momentary social setting of its time.

Not-meme-rap is rap that transcends the pop-culture references of the moment and still sounds fresh in later generations.

Right?

he has the most punchable face of all time

unpopular opinion incoming
10Day >>>>> Acid Rap
Acid Rap, aside from the second half of Pusha Man (Paranoia) is just collegebro rap.

>summer friends has no soul

srsly kys m8

all rap is memerap by that definition.

in fact all music except for popular bubblegum music is mememusic by that definition.

what a stupid fucking term. admit it, you guys are just mad because at the end of the day regardless of what yall tell yourselves you couldnt produce anything that holds a fifth of the beauty and artistic value chance's music provides. and thats why hes out on tour getting his dick sucked by white bitches everyday while you losers bitch about him from your parents basements.

/thread

because his music is god awful

He not Ronnie !

Nuff said

soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship/gwaup-tyle