Im new to jazz, listened to miles davis, john coltrane and charles mingus' supposed best works and liked them a lot

im new to jazz, listened to miles davis, john coltrane and charles mingus' supposed best works and liked them a lot
where do i go from here?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/unregistered/jazz_collection_essentials/
mega.nz/#F!ZlJynagS!Jpnh5wBF4zcvBXLpxH2p4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rateyourmusic.com/list/unregistered/jazz_collection_essentials/

The rest of the list, since it goes on.

Just go straight to fusion if you've fancied rock in the past.

nobody has ever told me the rest of the list so idk

Here you go user

Also this

>calls Empyrean Isles "boring AF"

And this

Lastly this

Have a mega link for essential jazz albums
mega.nz/#F!ZlJynagS!Jpnh5wBF4zcvBXLpxH2p4A

>In The Wee Small Hours
never has there been a comfier album

I don't like that chart because of how generalized the different genres are. It doesn't give much information about the specific albums and the artists' styles. Something like looks a lot friendlier to a beginner.

If it was more than just blue note albums I'd agree with you.
If that flow chart style was done with the whole of jazz, it probably could be done better.

Also, inevitably a chart that only has 5 albums and one paragraph to summarize the whole of a scene like Swing or free jazz is gonna have to generalize. It's a small beginners chart rather than an encyclopedia entry cause it's more user friendly that way.

it's alot more work and will take time but discovering records you love yourself will create a natural progression in your listening that is specific to you which can be rewarding. I would also say don't just start with what is considered comfortable or easy to listen to. Just jump in on all of it at once. If you liked Mingus and Trane i would reccomend ornette.

how do I into jazz fusion

first two megadeth albums got me interested in it due to chris poland and gar samuelson

you don't

Listen to Bitches Brew, In a Silent Way and a bunch of cheesy jazz-rock rock fans try and pass off as fusion.

I'm not new to jazz but want to know more comtenporary jazz labels

Best contemporary jazz labels-

ECM
Criss Cross
Clean Feed
Hat Hut
Pi
Rune Grammofon

you start listening to bossa nova / samba because it's the most soothing, beautiful muzak known to man