youtube.com/watch?v=G_w1noWhivA
youtube.com/watch?v=TrsvTqcMrKo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that hand thing

21 pilots

holy shit haven't seen her in a long time

This
>tirestires.bandcamp.com/album/shadowdog

You've never seen her actually. You've seen 2d graphic representations of her visage as interpreted by camera

who? googlin' doesn't help

I just found out she died. That's pretty sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=NtSgWZbL_kE

youtube.com/watch?v=NtSgWZbL_kE

How post-modern of you, user

This band literally opened for her shows at the California Institute of Abnormal Art.
youtube.com/watch?v=EOBW3TLC6F8
youtube.com/watch?v=0KNfXc0DW2w
youtube.com/watch?v=kDnA33NhY64

She doesn't listen to anything. She's dead.

good art IMO

just her creator

the character lives on

bubble gum bass

HEY QT

youtube.com/watch?v=e3bP7PHXIV4

Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks

thx

does anyone here have her triggers compilation? I was gonna buy it a few years ago, but forgot about her and the compilation, and now that I checked amazon it isn't in stock anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=rLy-AwdCOmI

obv

Why cant this edgy bullshit stay in Sup Forums or /r9k/?

It ain't edgy you aut, it's just a (now dead) guy playing with how uncomfortable people get with Uncanny Valley shit.

Toneta

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DC7kCuaTn9k

came here to post this

I both fear and adore Shaye Saint John.

Fucking brilliant shit.

My favorite

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ryRFBqA5YQc

I had a nightmare about this video like a month ago

I've always thought that "hand thing" video was one of the few truly scary things on YouTube. Ahhhh, brings me back to the days when /x/ wasn't fucking meditation cringe.

Whaaaaaaattt thheeee fffuuuuuuucccckkk

Boards of Canada

youtube.com/watch?v=_KvK0F860Xk

the website is creepy as fuck
www.shayesaintjohn.net

Who's the body inside her?

Why is Sup Forums full of such sheltered whiny cunts?

Eric Fournier

RIP

Really? I thought he filmed/directed it.

Same. One of my absolute biggest influences in life. I try to make music that captures similar feelings, but most people simply call it weird, rather than that level of uncanny. I've showed it to people, trying to explain the genius, but I think they regard it as snuff or something, rather than real art. Just fucking nails a feeling I've had my whole life I find impossible to express.

But Crystal Castles gives me a similar vibe. Especially songs/videos like Baptism, or the eerie spanish woman singing "cocaine is not good" kinda pitched and fucked with on their self titled album.

It has that whole pop/funny/uncanny/unsettling in a way which is difficult to articulate vibe.

But yeah, need more uncanny music. PReferably if it is unsettling/uncanny in ways that is not straightforward. Like I'm not fucking scared by shit like Nurse with Wound or Throbbing Gristle or Whitehouse simply because it's all so blatant and straightforward. I need some really "I don't know if this is scary or not, and that in itself is unbearably frightening" shit like Shaye. Need suggestions.

Nah Larry Wessel was the camera man

I have never been remotely scared by BoC. It's funny; people say Geogaddi is frightening and dark in particular, but I always found them more melancholic/nostalgic/longing/playful.

It's not so much scary, I don't think any music can really be scary. I do think the vibe from some boc fits in nicely with the shay saint john aesthetic as well

> I don't think any music can be really scary

Damn homie, kys

Fiery Furnaces?

Post scary music faggot cuck

Well, I can kind of see that kitschy/off feel coming from it. That's definitely a component of their sound. I guess how I interpret that is different.

It's interesting how what is strange to one is normal to another. Outside of their production methods BoC is pretty straightforward to me. But I know more people get odd feeling from it than those who just see it at sorta face value. I think I'm the only person I know to get horrified by Crystal Castles. Then again, I've had a lot of alcohol psychosis and periods of intense dehydration and shit. desu that's probably where Eric Fournier got a lot of his ideas, being a horrible alcoholicto the point where he killed himself with it. The way Shaye talks is very similar to how your thoughts start working and the "fragmented perception" in those videos is super similar. Even before I saw Hand Thing, after some ridiculously hard drinking, like trying to kill myself with it, I started imagining similar nonsensical conversations between myself and people that didn't exist, and also being really frightened of corners and in particular the idea of something peering around a corner. You also start repeating little nonsensical phrases in this sort of state. Like the "ah huh" in that vid. Anyway, whatever. Glad I'm not there anymore. Maybe it's only like that with pre-existing mental problems. Italked with my brother a bit about this and he had similar experiences; then again, we're both fucked mentally even before trying to go on that vodka and sorrow diet.

This
SOPHIE in particular

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_Tpf_yGuo

do you like that loveliescrushing album? its like loveless pretty but more unsettling or avant
youtube.com/watch?v=jnXDVNY2sUs

What do you think of Coil? youtube.com/watch?v=pn_JEH4Tx-Y

youtube.com/watch?v=G_w1noWhivA

youtube.com/watch?v=TrsvTqcMrKo
This. you will believe me when you hear it.

Coil are one of my favorite groups of all time

I had a psuedo-spiritual experience listening to "and the ambulance died in his arms" for the first time.

imagine going to get the mail or something and seeing this shit

damn, i'm a heavy drinker and i absolutely love shaye too. what you described is accurate and pretty scary. maybe i should stop.

spooked

I get this kinda feeling from Cocteau Twins honestly. Something about the singing. Also "You Think You Really Know Me" by Gary Wilson has that kind of off, "this was recorded in a basement" feel.

Also if you haven't, check out "Jam" and anything else by Chris Morris.

she clearly listens to diamanda galas

youtube.com/watch?v=rLy-AwdCOmI

nice, yes