/advanced/

Thread for those who...

a) have been listening to music seriously for 5+ years
b) want to discuss music that isn't Sup Forumscore, p4k BNM, and the same old

This thread is not meant to be pretentious, its just some of us aren't always able to discuss our favourite albums, especially when they are ignored in favor of more popular, buzzy releases. No general essentials or latest hype albums allowed. Do not troll or derail the thread with off-topic discussion.

What music have you been enjoying lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-z56vXdM56U
youtube.com/watch?v=cv2tS46rl1k
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/shitwife/big_lad/
rateyourmusic.com/~floatings
youtube.com/watch?v=zMZRu3uYJqw
youtube.com/watch?v=cW1jZqRBI0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=o8GkVISV7w4
youtube.com/watch?v=9vbddLNUOMs
youtube.com/watch?v=H-Z_SG6FmaI
youtube.com/watch?v=CR0c8W5Ochs
youtube.com/watch?v=_pf1oFFqmOY
youtube.com/watch?v=4lZw9wYgAqo
youtube.com/watch?v=DT2Pk46nXU8
youtube.com/watch?v=75MhrUUxcnU
soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my aoty, sissy spacek - disfathom
youtube.com/watch?v=-z56vXdM56U

this has been a rough year

as for me, I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with Linda Perhacs. I heard a track from the new Mark Pritchard album, "You Wash My Soul", that featured her vocals and guitar playing. I love it and would love more if you have recs?
rough as in for you? or for music?
that's not my genre so I can't give much discussion lol

less shitposting this time
i've been really drawn into these haniwa all-stars concert videos lately, anyone know any other weird big-band type things?
youtube.com/watch?v=cv2tS46rl1k

>thread for special snowflakes to post their obscure music because we're too good for the rest of the board

If you're content with the rest of the board then yeah my taste is better than yours.

not much music that I've liked this year

other cool stuff from this year
Alfio Antico - Antico: Italian Avant Folk
Wacław Zimpel - Lines: Post-Minimalism
Masami Akita & Eiko Ishibashi - Kouen Kyoudai 公園兄弟: Noise/Ambient
Solmania - Kill: Noise/Free Improv
Howls of Ebb - Cursus Impasse: The Pendlomic Vows: Avant Garde Death/Black Metal

>Noise/Ambient
what a wonderful world

This pasta is outdated, use the one I made for this thread

The name /advanced/ can stay if you want, I just changed it to /alt-mu/ so people like Montie or wouldn't get pissy again.

Nah it's fine we just need to ignore Montie.

>so people like Montie or wouldn't get pissy again
Fucking mobile

I just wanted discussion without people shitposting

gave this a listen today, it was pretty good
really plays his heart out

you guys realize that for this thread to be any good, you have to actually discuss, right? just listing random shit you happened to check out in between your BNM binges doesn't make for an elevated atmosphere. this is why /metal/ and /classical/ will always be the best threads on this board, and shit like /advanced/ and /noise/ are such trash.

We list the stuff to see if others recognize it

the idea isn't we discuss everything that gets posted, it's just to channel the better posters into one thread

Be the change you want to see then

only came here to shitpost but I actually saw sissy spacek and it was fucking sick
I was the only one dancing but fuck me did I dance to that
Shitwife played later and blew me away as well

>in between your BNM binges
if you still look at p4k there's no hope for you

this shitwife?
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/shitwife/big_lad/

I've been listening to music seriously my whole life, but I've still have yet to really get knowledgeable about music history, and I know there are too many artists that I am unaware of. also I love some of Sup Forumscore and /p4k/core

this is a really good idea. my taste isn't there yet for me to be able to contribute, but i'd lurk this often if it becomes a reg thing

yeah that shitwife
best show of 2015
never danced so hard in my life
dunno if I'll ever dance that hard again

good
stop dancing

some of the tracks remind me of a more bloopy lightning bolt

This is why "advanced" is such a shit buzzword for the thread, should be 'alt-mu' or something
No-need to feel self-conscious because you don't know the history of screamo or the significance of Peter Sotos.

Do you genuinely get annoyed by dancing? What a sad existence you must lead if you frown upon people having fun.

yeah, advanced doesn't seem like a good label. A thread for more out of the way stuff is great in theory though

>/metal/ and /classical/
fuck no, those are straight up awful most of the time

besides, i see Sup Forums more valuable as a resource board than a discussion board. srsly if you come here for anything other than being spoonfed occasionally idk what to tell you i just dont get it

That's why I changed the pasta but OP decided to make this thread unwarranted when there was already an /alt-mu/ thread up earlier today

no fun, not ever

isn't this what the /daily/ is for you cuck

I come here for the memes

I hope /alt-bleep/ becomes a thing, there was the one thread and I copped a few albums from it

tfw best taste on this board

rateyourmusic.com/~floatings

fuck all of you hef shit I'm high as an didj

they're a faggy circlejerking clique though

relax yourself and realise that the only things stopping your body from moving are the percieved judgements of people that need not have any impact on your life
in other words boogie down to the beat babyy

mfw just realized this not the rym thread

oops

Was it suicide?

this is embarrassing
and to think i have you added on there

Good job discussing and sharing music there, kiddo

You're no better than Montie at this point, just shitposting in slightly different ways

if you have me added but don't have the balls to say anything to me 1 on 1 then I don't want to be friends with you

and no one cares what you have to say

i'd judge myself

>and no one cares what you have to say
10/10 rebuttal

HEY!!!

This isn't spooky at all!!!

pressure you bring on yourself that is the product of a society that tells you to conform to its way of behaving every time you walk out onto the street
but baby the venue, the pub, the club, the basement;
these are separate from society
there are different rules
you can lose yourself
when you step out onto the street you can fade back into conformity and anonymity
but in that small space filled with music and vibrancy you enter a new social contract,
and you can truly let your colours fly

so you're saying you wanted me to validate you ?

you are beautiful. i want to kiss you on the lips

..............................is this a poem??

I'd take you by the waist and embrace you in the colour x

I'll let you figure it out yourself

you people almost physically disgust me
the fact you buy into pseudo spiritual hippie posturing empty bullshit actually annoys me because you're alive and i might encounter you one day

blut blut blut
brap brap brapp

>sharing your advanced taste in music with undeserving autists

that you invalidate poetic beauty and yet embrace musical expression confuses me
surely you embrace the subjectivity of emotion and feeling

I would be wrong to lament you for enjoying an album I cannot understand,
and you are wrong to be disgusted by an innocent beauty you do not feel

though in truth, you are entirely within your right by my own logic to be disgusted
yet it confuses me
just like I confuse you

you remind me of this girl that i know that is majoring is political science and gender studies and goes to student poem slams and thinks her collection of 20k tweets narrating her life is poetic and a source for poetic material

Quick to judge
perhaps you'd like me if you met me and realised there's more to me than some posts made on an imageboard
I'm not bitter, I admit I judge on this board quickly myself
in truth I've been going through a period of doing that to make myself feel better.
It's like looking in the mirror, and I don't like seeing my behaviour stare back at me.

So what is Kayo Dot's genre and what the fuck is he worth it or what

lol

i thought we weren't going to derail this thread?

Kayo Dot is experimental metal and their album choirs of the eye is p dope

>imo this has the best disc two of any live album ever. The live aspect of Cream is so vastly different from their studio sound. Spoonful especially makes me think that Cream is really a free jazz band with a disguise of an Eric Clapton fronted Blues trio, but the second disc really shows the true genius of Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker

Calling these threads "advanced" is a fucking terrible idea.

Anyone here in to old time or alt-country? I recently listened to Old Crow Medicine Show and The Devil Makes Three and they were good, but I want more. I feel like they can't be the best in their style.

this is a shitpost

Yo /advanced/, does anyone know where the fuck is this cover from? I saw it somewhere on rym, but it's not a release there. Reverse searching and all that leads to some compilation of music from Iranian cinema, but it's not on, discogs, youtube, and little else for the matter

please help me the cover intrigued me to no ends and I want to listen to this bad boy

i host intellectual ircs where we discuss and share our refined and superior taste in all music, discern what's happening, what's happened, and of course lay back and have a good time, mess around

This post is by someone who doesn't understand that your post is not to be taken seriously, becomes incited, and then proceeds to unwittingly perpetuate the shitposting

Advanced was a poor name choice, may as well have called this a "please shitpost here" general

>calling Cream "free jazz"

hell yeah senpai, check out Sam Amidon's stuff, he's like a way more rootsy male Joanna Newsom, and all the projects Scott Tuma's been associated with

cool ;)

Pls stop

my jealousy cant take anymore of this!!!!

If you listen to that version of Spoonful its pretty close.

Anyone got some obscure patrician post-rock?

it's from pre-revolution iran you probably wont find it online
find someone who can read it and go from there

this general still exists?
lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=zMZRu3uYJqw

youtube.com/watch?v=cW1jZqRBI0Q

youtube.com/watch?v=o8GkVISV7w4

nah, it's just messy psychedelic rock, calling it "free jazz" is just a disaster

using the term post-rock is inherently non-patrician, but check out general obscure Thrill Jockey and Drag City 90s stuff, like Gastr del Sol, Sea and Cake, Red Krayola, etc if you want good 90s experimental rock, but if you want idiomatic GYBE stuff just search around it all sounds the same anyways

>he goes through all this work
>it's fucking shit

But knowing that both Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker are / were accomplished Jazz musicians,
the jam is just riddled with jazz harmonies on the bass, and jazz rhythms throughout. The messy, structureless nature in itself is "free" and there are parts that are, "jazzy" so i mean......

thanks, maybe I will find it someday after all haha

what does /advanced/ think of MattyB? Is he on top of the rap game?

youtube.com/watch?v=9vbddLNUOMs

>two year old meme that has gone full facebook/reddit at this point
why?

who else would fuck Gracie Haschak

>hell yeah senpai, check out Sam Amidon's stuff, he's like a way more rootsy male Joanna Newsom, and all the projects Scott Tuma's been associated with
I appreciate you man, have a good day

>hell yeah senpai, check out Sam Amidon's stuff, he's like a way more rootsy male Joanna Newsom, and all the projects Scott Tuma's been associated with
I checked them out, not at all what I'm looking for. Thanks anyway

bumpo

it really isn't

jad fair is such a loveable guy, same goes for daniel johnston. that album is a mess, but an earnest mess and definitely worth a listen.

any indie pop era half japanese fans around here?

this, why would you share your music at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=H-Z_SG6FmaI
youtube.com/watch?v=CR0c8W5Ochs
youtube.com/watch?v=_pf1oFFqmOY
youtube.com/watch?v=4lZw9wYgAqo
youtube.com/watch?v=DT2Pk46nXU8

I tried to make a krautrock thread

I failed

fuck you

A better link for Rache: youtube.com/watch?v=75MhrUUxcnU

Not like it fucking matters, who listens to music on YouTube?

>seriously for 5+ years
That is advanced music lol

Get some Ronnie in your life nigga
And stop being pretentious
Some days we like trap some days we rock out to classical

soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship

Hello everyone I have arrived

Not here to stir the pot and I am here to contribute.

What is some good minimal synth music since I really like min synth so far

shut the fuck up you cancer

Not him but James Blake's s/t would be my rec

ITT; people who get it

>Not here to stir the pot and I am here to contribute.

maybe you shouldnt have done it in the past and have everyone hate you fucktard

lmao who here likes Fishmans

me lmao

AYYYYYU

lmao nice trips

ay u like da fish?

kek

also nice trips

fuck off

Im down with the fish m8.
Long boy season is 10/10 mmmmmmmm

No U